Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews in Hosur, Tamil Nadu

I am learning lot of new things and international work culture and safety culture team build and more. Safety work culture and standard work culture for each and every work process.
It was something different ... Enjoying our job and my team is fully support to me love you lot my team and all are just like friends and family person now I just miss lot
One of the best MNC Company. First of all safety is very important in my company and then quality is very good. One of the best brand. I will become a employee in caterpillar.
Pros
So much safety and quality
Cons
I have learned MS excel and 50% of SAP. first week was very typical because eveything was new to me , the place,work life etc.Therefore after first got familiar with everything.
Productive , Fun and Innovative Workplace . Good leadership and team engagement . New challenges with NPI and good platform to learn . People comes in top priority .
The environment inside caterpillar is awesome. And the working condition is related as Per their designation.job nature in logistics is complex. Satisfaction guaranteed is the main key.
caterpillar is very good MNC company, ihave learned a lot in my career but now looking for change because salary is big concern and also very good oppertunity for overseas.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
The day starts of with our regular routine accessories handling for our safety and after the daily drills we start of our work with the various departments in the factory and it was actually a great experience.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
nothing
Good place to learn discipline and many things., Things are well planned and systematic way of working culture is found., Nut outdated people out there.
Worked as a intern and i had to follow the rules and work ethics strictly. Sometime difficult to follow but we need to compulsorily follow it as as this is what makes them world's No. 1 earth moving equipment manufacturer. Seen the employees there who put their everything for the company and yet maintain good work and family life balance. They inspired me a lot and taught that to become great it is not easy but if at all you want to achieve success in life then this is the way we should work. Caterpillar will give you that opportunity.
Pros
the System of working, perks
Cons
locations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caterpillar?
I like very much and I get more knowledge from that company .I got more experience from this company.I learend many thing from this company like cms courses and design softwares and all quality assurance documents
1.Name of company ASHOK IRON WORKS Pvt.Ltd. Certified with ISO/TS 16949: 2009, ISO 9001:2002 of the largest foundry for preparing all kind of foundry component and all types of cylinder head and block, Housing machining. Our main customers are Caterpillar, MAN Trucks, M&M, Cummins, Eicher, Preet. etc. Designation Sr. Engineer Caterpillar plant. Duration From. 2007 to till Date. Department Quality Control. Responsibilities 1) Component development with project Dept. 2) Process and product audit. 3) Maintaining documents related to ISO & TS-16949. 4) Handling process quality & development quality. 5) Daily rejection analysis. 6) Attending customer complaint. 7) Handling instruments, gauges calibration and preparing calibration planning. 8) Exposure to PPAP. 9) Planning and conducting SPC & MSA. 10) Preparation of Control Plan & PFMEA Knowledge Gain :- • Exposure of kaizan & Poka Yoka. • Exposure to CMM M/c • Quality Planning • Quality assurance • Customer Handling • Vendor Management
Good Place to Learn and develop my skills, Expericed real time challenges and solution to Win the situations, Work Balance is too good,
Its very good experience in developing my knowledge in machining arae and became deep expertise in the machining area. Also got a chance to learn about assembly processes and engine testing. Caterpillar gives 1st prioirty to safety of the people which is very much impressed to work in this company
this is mnc company, here back hoe loader, small wheel loader ana many big construction vechicles manufacturing. in our division gearbox assembly..............
Pros
free launches
Cons
48 hours per week.
As a fresher, I had my reserves, however the work culture at Caterpillar that regarded even a very new entrant like me as an equal part made me strong by the day, Responsibilities that were entrusted with me made me learn and grow by the minute. Almost all my skills that are in me in terms working effectively, managing and people skills apart from the numerous courses I learned online through CAT university were a gift of this unique organization. You can never go wrong in picking your role model at CAT because everybody 'lives by example'.
value based company good work culture can share our views no boundary for learning balance life
Process planinig Assembly propcess Time managment Nice co workkers Learning
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
on e day wounder ful oppertunity in my working days there was most of people has abscent that day i was do my best
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Different Roles in CaterpillarMar-1996- Mar-1997 – Caterpillar Graduate - 1 yearApr-1997 - Aug-2001 –Diesel Engine specialist, R & D Division - 4 yearsSep-2001 – May-2007 –Six Sigma Black position – 6 yearsNotable Achievements(Caterpillar) ;One of the first wave Six sigma black belt from Caterpillar in 2001Have implemented the Six Sigma Breakthrough methodology and given training to more than 65 Green belts and completed more than 20 projects in DMAIC / 2 Projects in DFSSUS $ 2 mil realized from Six Sigma ProjectsAwarded Best Six sigma on “Development of Noise Enclosures for Genset packages” for best DOE projectSupport SAP – Material Management functional related activities in Customising the requirement & Implementation & Support
Good place to wrok with free mind ; lot of focus on training and development ;
Pros
very good welfare benefits like lunch, vehicle pick up and drop