Caterpillar

Caterpillar Culture reviews

Working in Caterpillar is good but some times due to corporate politics career of people get spoil and management doesn't notice it.No job security as top management believe only subordinates /supervisors.
Pros
Free transport(both ways)
Cons
Management Politics ruin careers of people
Official response from Caterpillar
June 9, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share an honest review about your experience with Caterpillar. You’ve identified a few opportunities for improvement that will help make Caterpillar a better place to work for our employees. All the best to you in your next role.
A highly dynamic team in place to work with. The team was with employees from highly diverse backgrounds. The culture of the workplace is fantastic and I was able to understand the nuances of product development in this role.
Caterpillar is world leading company in Constuction and Mining solution. Work criteria is very smooth,helpful to everyboby and knowledge gainer to all of us.
Caterpillar is the one of fortune 500 company i got pleasure worked with Caterpillar. Management people are friendly to teach and guide the inputs to achieve the goals
Good Platform For NPI Engineers. Job Security very less. Job Work/Life Balance is Good Salary/Benefits is good Management - Isolated decisions Job Culture is good
I got to work on the client services team along with 20 other interns. The team I was placed on delegated me real work to help them with. Having to balance the work given to me could be difficult at times for at the same time, I had to stay coordinated with the other interns in order to work on our group project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The company culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritze multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.
Diversity, Inclusion, Collaborating with upstream and down stream partners, yet adhering to time line and cost is what I have learned over this period.
Pros
Work environment, Culture & Values
Cons
Learned lots.. Co-workers is very supportive.. People will respect decent manner at CAT.. CAT is Brand for Machines..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Team Outing
Working in this company is a Awesome experience. Work Culture should be same as this company. Company takes care of Employee's safety and Employee works well for the Company
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
My engineers are provided with table tennis,Carom at work place to Play& relax as required. This boosted their engagement & productivity @ work place.
Pros
quarterly offsite get together, fun at work place, appreciation for successful results
Cons
Good working culture that imbibes a very strong values in every employee. Helped me to learn a different domain though I had no prior experience. The company trusts its employees potential.
Ich habe von 2,5 Jahren Berufserfahrung bei Caterpillar Electronics Private Limited, Indien. Ich habe Embedded-C-Software für elektronische Steuergeräte (Bremse, Chassis) mit CAN-Protokoll entwickelt, und CDL-Protokoll (CAT Daten Link- Caterpillar proprietäres Protokoll) unter Verwendung von Caterpillar proprietären RTOS. Ich habe auch die Steuergeräte-Software (gemäß Requirement Specification) Laborprüfstand für jede neue Version getestet. Die Embedded-Software wurde in CAT Baggerlader (FSerie) und in KRESS gebrandmarkt großen Off-Highway-Lastwagen. Ich habe Anwendungen in Embedded Echtzeit OS-Software entwickelt, wie FreeRTOS, OSEK und AutoSAR, entworfen Low Level Treiber für UART, ADC und CAN und Zustandsmaschinen für verschiedene eingebettete Systeme (zB: MP3-Player) mit Sitz in Embedded C Ich habe eine Datenbank entwickelt, basiertes Navigationssystem in C ++ für Embedded-Geräte.
my responsibility included for finding product cost for machines and component. i have learned lot of things like quality documentation and design of casting and sheet metal parts Management was having good corporate culture and giving freedom for individual to achieve goal in their specific tasks
Opportunity to work on different projects Working with learning about machines parallelly Supportive team leader and co-workers
Really good job culture. Management focusses on individual's growth and take ideas from all executive of their interests and aligns it to their growth plan. Promote new ideas and creativity
Work culture and work life balance in Caterpillar is the best. It's a people company. There is no pressure in work. Not good for freshers as there is no scope for learning but good if you're looking down to settle for a life time.
We go for Team building events on a quarterly basis to connect personally with the employees. This is a great opportunity to understand individuals outside the work environment.
Great Platform to exhibit our knowledge. Supportive team culture. friendly environment. very good place for growth in the career. Best place to work.
Organization has lot of opportunity for self development and career development.As usual little amount of politics and Job threatens across caterpillar
Pros
Work culture, Flexible timings
Cons
Compensation and Benefits, Policy and Procedures need to commonise across caterpillar
Huge emphasis is given on fostering an environment of creativity and Innovation and driving a self directed learning culture.
Good Company to work with. Mostly work life balance is good about this company. Good work culture and no micro management