Caterpillar logo
Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Found 282 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,154 reviews

Best work place & good learning company

No restrictions to visit shop floor plants. So, everyone able to learn practically with design experience. No restrictions to extra learnings with other team members. Free space to learn additionally..

Pros

Free lunch & transports

Cons

Shift time 11 am to 7.30pm

Official response from Caterpillar

June 9, 2021
It’s great to hear that you’ve found learning to be an accessible part of your Caterpillar experience. Members of Team Caterpillar are some of the best and brightest in the industry and we are proud to offer opportunities for them to elevate the enterprise with their unique perspectives. Thanks for your contributions.

Good to work

Good to work and its better to have a friendly workplace where we can grow our skills and shoot ahead .Its better for a fresher ,but for an experienced person, can learn only a few things here.

Good environment for team work

Good environment for team work. Caterpillar's work culture encourages questioning and managers are eager to address questions to improve the services and products.

Good company to work with

Its been 8 years with Caterpillar and the overall experience is very good. You will be rewarded for your hardwork. Your ideas are considered and appreciated. Inclusive and Diversified culture.

Caterpillar is great place to work

Caterpillar is nice place to work, here people are free to take any work with supervisor's approval. In my team back plant was very good. In few department that culture still needs to be established

Pros

good salary

Cons

People movement

One of the best companies I've ever worked with

I've been in various roles of the company right from systems programmer all the way up to program manager. Excellent management skills, perfect work life balance, good infrastructure and good compensation. Though onsite opportunities are limited, I have the privilege to travel on an international assignment and worked with diversified team. It has been a privilege to work for Caterpillar.

Pros

Good work life balance and compensation

Excellent place to learn core technologies

Caterpillar Electronics is a great place to learn core technologies in the field of Machine and Engine Controls, as well as on Embedded Systems. It has a highly technical workforce, and well established software processes.

Excellent place to work

Great company to work for with a very strong culture. Great work life balance. Collaborative environment. I would strongly recommend anyone to join Caterpillar.

workplace is good

managment is good working in Caterpillar i feel good office area is good my manger is also good they give motivation how to do work help me very much

It was very chilling because of AC

I have learned MS excel and 50% of SAP. first week was very typical because eveything was new to me , the place,work life etc.Therefore after first got familiar with everything.

Jobs at Caterpillar

See more jobs

Great company with good legacy

Typical day at work starts with Meetings with global teams Opportunities to work on different projects if willing to learn Old style management Good work life balance

Pros

decent pay, lot of projects

Cons

management with closed mindset, legacy practices

Great Team with go get it thoughts & deeds

Highly motivated culture, innovative thoughts, perfect life balance. Performance based rating. Good opportunities for growth. Job rotations. Training.

Pros

Team, technology, learning & Growth

Cons

Unstable industry

Good place to work but little to learn new skill

Good place to work but very little to learn new technology. Job security is good. Now most of the work is off loaded to suppliers. You will not find team lunch or treat.

It very aware about new tech in market and tried to leverage in existing system. My experience with Caterpillar is quiet awesome, I got many challenging task and it really help me evolve as IT professional and I was able to deliver my deliverable. I was an contractor with Caterpillar.

gut

Das war eine gute Arbeitsumbgebung. Sehr freundliche Team.

Nil

Warehouse Logistics, Startup opportunities, Work Life balance , Learning opportunities, Flexibility, Cultural activities , SAS Programming, Training and Development

Nice company

Nice company. Very peaceful to work. It's a people company. They take care of you very well even financially. I would like to work again in if I get a chance.

Cool office - very enjoyable climate

Provides good opportunities and being a very lean organisation, keeps transparency and thus freedom to operate through various systems optimal. Gives international exposure and access to better systems

Good place for freshers

Good place for freshers Very hard to satisfy the Quality. huge workload to support. Number of Opportunites to learn and explore Those who are having self-learning and self-motivation can be sustained.

productive workplace with good work life balance

A good workplace with strong values and great history. Provides each employee ample time and support for personal skill development by offering regular training.

Productive , Fun and Innovative Workplace

Productive , Fun and Innovative Workplace . Good leadership and team engagement . New challenges with NPI and good platform to learn . People comes in top priority .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,708