Chandigarh University

Chandigarh University Employee Reviews for Assistant Professor

Assistant Professor150 reviews
India150 reviews

Great

Great University offers good incentive and salary moreover great place to learn something new and good place for getting opportunities for new candidates

No personal life with lots of work out of your specialisations also

They will give work any time any day without thinking its Sunday or any gadgeted holiday summer break winter break .. You should not have personal life and they give only 20k to 25k to teaching faculty and 9k to 10k to non teaching as salary and incentives are like 900 , 1k after 1 year which is very worst thing for one who work day and night even they will give you task which is not even from your domain..and you have to do it.. Every department has its politics and higher mangemnt has its own politics... they donnt respect the honest workers they need those who just agree with the statement that boss is always right.. they hire or fire anyone with or without reason..you always have job insecurity food in hostel is so pathetic you cannt even imagin ... students or faculty who do hardwork of thier own and when they get some achievement they will do branding like our universities student and faculty had done this or that not having any lunch time for faculty when you have free lecture you have to do accordingly but they will give you he'll adjustments so sometimes from 9:20 to 4:20 you get only half hour free so very hard to decide when to have lunch ...and lot more buses has not exact timings sometimes it leaves from.campus at 4:45 pm,sometimes at 5:15 pm, sometimes 6:00 or more

Pros

Learn various tasks

Cons

Salary, long hours, No personal life, unnecessary workload, weired politics, All times Job insecurity, No lunch time

Chandigarh University insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Competitive work space

Organisation is quite fast oaced and competitive. You can only adjust here is you are willing to kearn quickly like in 3 hours. Yes and thats not funny. Unexplained salary deductions without any justifications. Jave receieved 30 to 50 percent salary during initial months of covid lockdown. Which later was converted to 80 percent maximum only.No PF deductions.Students centric approach is used by university and they do not teally cater to the needs of teaching staff.Students generally misbehave, which is treated as ok. If you don't involve your nose in other business you will survive.

Pros

Experience is a brand is good as you will get to learn a lot, but my suggestion is that one should not stay more than two years, stagnant growth

Cons

Long woking hours, Six day working, unrealistic deadline to complete work, generally work is assigned on saturday and you are expected to complete by monday morning, lots of stress, lack of family time and personal growth.

Productive and fun place

If you are looking to work in education sector then Chandigarh University is the best place to work because of following reasons: 1) Well developed hierarchy system which helps in effective communication. 2) Faculty development programs to brush up the skills 3) Dedicated department of research which motivates and helps faculties in research

Pros

Transparent system of evaluation

Cons

Huge number of student number creates problem in lecture delivery

Best work culture

Chandigarh University is the best in terms of every aspect.The India's Fastest growing private university its almost 4 years I have been working here.The working hours are no doubt tedious here here due to the advance technology used in campus but University provide lot many opportunities to faculties in terms of research and growth in field of academics. Time on time many workshop faculty development programmes are conducted.

Pros

Fastest technology used is sometime take times to understand.

Cons

Management is approachable and Faculty advisory committee is there to listen and solve problems

Friendly atmosphere with best infrastructures

Chandigarh University is one of the best University in Punjab. All the teaching staffs are well educated and skilled with both theoretical and practical knowledge. The infrastructure of CU is fantastic with latest technologies and facilities. In terms of teaching method, the University seeks new platforms and best facilities.

Best place for learning

Chandigarh University is one the best university in this world. students no need to purchase books. All the teachers teach their students with PPT's. All the teachers are PhD cleared.

Pros

Each and everything are online

Cons

long hour

Best University

Chandigarh university is the happiest place for working. Moreover, a person can upgrade our self very well in this university. Chandigarh University appreciate the hard workers.

Pros

It is NAAC A+ accredited university.

Cons

The university hires only Ph.D holders.

It's a good place to work. The management is very supportive. Job culture is great. It was a great experience for me working over there as an Assistant Professor.

Happiest place to work

CU has been Awarded A+ grade bay prestigious NAAC. The management here is very cooperative and listens to every problem and tries to resolve as soon as possible. The work culture is progressive and learning.

Pros

Faculty exchange programme with foreign university

Cons

Sometimes deadlines become hectic

Happiest place to work

i enjoy working with Chandigarh University. Management is very supportive. They follow advanced techniques for teaching. Organises various FDP for the benefit of faculty.

Competitive yet secured

I love working here at CU. Started work as a fresher and within 3 months, lockdown started due to covid-19, but University management was very supportive, is still paying us well and giving us work from home option for our own safety. In fact, CU purchased blackboard software, one which is used by all top universities outside India to facilitate us teachers to impart quality education to our students. Best place to work.

Pros

Extracurriculars, where teachers can also take part and relax with students

Cons

Sometimes saturdays are working in lieu of public holidays so that studies do not suffer

Good experience Get teaching skill Enhanced programming skills collaborative workplace task-oriented jobs Attendance was must over there in written and facial expression that was hard.

I prefer you to join chandigarh university once

It is such a good universityChandigarh university is one of the best universities in India with NAAC A+ accredition. The university believes in modern and advance techniques of learning. The management at CU is very skilled and disciplined in their field of work.They help the students in every way possible.The workplace has very good infrastructure with clean environment. CU is a good place to learn and pursue your course.

Satisfied with the job

Chandigarh University is one of the best places to work at. They offer you a very positive work environment and fair enough salaries also. All the norms are according to the UGC which is a very good thing about this university.It has been a year that am here and am having a great time here , I have also got many opportunities to learn as well as enhance my skills.

Pros

Transport Service

Teach and Learn

Chandigarh University always work towards excellence. Adaptation of new technology, teaching learning tools, new education system equipped its teachers with all required skills.

Pros

Personal Growth exposure

Cons

strict work culture

Competitive yet secured

Pros

Extracurriculars, where teachers can also take part and relax with students

Chandigarh University

Chandigarh University is one of the best University in this world. All the facility members are well educated and PhD cleared. The infrastructure of CU is best. The method of teaching is differ from all other universities.

Chandigarh University is good.

Chandigarh University is Asia's fastest growing university. It is accredited by NAAC A+ grade. Moreover, the university is now comes under the list of top 100 colleges by NIRF

Pros

Advanced teaching learning approach

Cons

Only hire Ph.D holders

Great place to grow professionally : Chandigarh University

When i started my career , Chandigarh university was the place that made me realize that there is a huge arena where i can progress and realize my potential . Yes it is a challenging job to teach the students and also keep up with the administrative responsibilities. It has a good administration , and because it has its own governing body the rules are flexible and change as per the requirements . the campus and facility is fantastic.

Pros

food court ; wifi ; transport provided.

Cons

Saturday working, long working hours.

Best University to achieve goals

1 Good hierarchy ,proper management ,Transparent System for Teachers and Students both. 2 As a teacher you can always polish and groom your skills through various Faculty Development programs. 3 Best known for its Placements

Pros

Many Celebrations to enjoy as a teacher like Carnivals, Faculty Sports Day and Teachers Day.

Cons

No Cons, only one thing is competitive enviroment so streach limits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chandigarh University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chandigarh University with