Chandigarh University

India299 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Fun workplace and productive

Timely salary, helpful staff, good working environment, all over good place to work there. There is no Promotion policy. Very difficult to Promote. All over good place.

Branding department: Manager playing office politics

1. Manager take credit of team members 2. favouritism3. quick at blaming others 4. unsecured job5. Doesn't clear expectations.6. Personal development 07. Other department are good (ERP, Animation)

Pros

Salary on time

Cons

Manager take credit of team members, favouritism, quick at blaming others & unsecured job

Chandigarh University insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Great

Great University offers good incentive and salary moreover great place to learn something new and good place for getting opportunities for new candidates

Good place

Good place to work but after lock down they make home as their office, no personal life, long hours working, no value of the person specially in counselling department, they are treating like a donkeies with counselling cell, lots of politics. Before lock down everything was manageable.

Pros

Salary is on time.

Cons

Never join the counselling cellbcz long working hours, targetable job, lots of politics, no personal life.

No personal life with lots of work out of your specialisations also

They will give work any time any day without thinking its Sunday or any gadgeted holiday summer break winter break .. You should not have personal life and they give only 20k to 25k to teaching faculty and 9k to 10k to non teaching as salary and incentives are like 900 , 1k after 1 year which is very worst thing for one who work day and night even they will give you task which is not even from your domain..and you have to do it.. Every department has its politics and higher mangemnt has its own politics... they donnt respect the honest workers they need those who just agree with the statement that boss is always right.. they hire or fire anyone with or without reason..you always have job insecurity food in hostel is so pathetic you cannt even imagin ... students or faculty who do hardwork of thier own and when they get some achievement they will do branding like our universities student and faculty had done this or that not having any lunch time for faculty when you have free lecture you have to do accordingly but they will give you he'll adjustments so sometimes from 9:20 to 4:20 you get only half hour free so very hard to decide when to have lunch ...and lot more buses has not exact timings sometimes it leaves from.campus at 4:45 pm,sometimes at 5:15 pm, sometimes 6:00 or more

Pros

Learn various tasks

Cons

Salary, long hours, No personal life, unnecessary workload, weired politics, All times Job insecurity, No lunch time

Good place for work

I am happy to work with Chandigarh University as an academic counselor and i got my salary in time with my bonus my experience was to good with Chandigarh University. The Staff are very Supportive.

Competitive work space

Organisation is quite fast oaced and competitive. You can only adjust here is you are willing to kearn quickly like in 3 hours. Yes and thats not funny. Unexplained salary deductions without any justifications. Jave receieved 30 to 50 percent salary during initial months of covid lockdown. Which later was converted to 80 percent maximum only.No PF deductions.Students centric approach is used by university and they do not teally cater to the needs of teaching staff.Students generally misbehave, which is treated as ok. If you don't involve your nose in other business you will survive.

Pros

Experience is a brand is good as you will get to learn a lot, but my suggestion is that one should not stay more than two years, stagnant growth

Cons

Long woking hours, Six day working, unrealistic deadline to complete work, generally work is assigned on saturday and you are expected to complete by monday morning, lots of stress, lack of family time and personal growth.

Good place to grow if you have ability

Predefined workChance to grow most of time you will find internal job promotionSatisfactory salaryDifferent time slotHostel at economic rate for staff

Stressful

Management is not good and communication is very poor between state offices and HO. Biased towards northern regions and not treating everyone equally.

Pros

On time salary

Cons

Mismanagement

University to fulfill your aspirations

Chandigarh University is one of the prestigious universities authorized by NAAC with A+ grade which means that there are greater opportunities for better placements and students can earn degree with higher global acceptance. The university also provides scholarships with rewards and benefits to the deserving students. This helps students to overcome from their financial barriers. Faculty members are highly qualified and their method of teaching is great. Course curriculum is updated and flexible with new demands and techniques in the market. The university helps the students to be competitive and creative for the corporate world. I really like to be part of this university.

Pros

University has best infrastructure with all the modern facilities, The hostels are well maintained and clean, Wi-Fi facilities are available in and around the campus, The university also organized various cultural events and festivals for the students.

Cons

There are no cons regarding the university

work from home

it was fine but not so good no job security or salary increment , if you are sitting idle and want to utilize your time rather than wasting it then you should apply for it

Best University of North India

Chandigarh University is one of the best university of North India with the best management. The work culture of CU is one of the best. It will also give you best learning experience

Pros

Good working enviroment, good management and salary on time

Cons

For new staff sometimes it is difficult to understand the new system

Chandigarh Univeristy us best place for Job

Here there is no burden related to work and the salary is also very good. Interveiw is also not much tough. The infrastructure is also very awesome. All the staff members and faculties are friendly in nature

Good Workplace

I worked in Chandigarh University and had a great experience. The workplace has quite a positive atmosphere. Our senors are very helpful and considerate. The salary package is also good and salaries are offered according to the UGC norms.

Pros

Transport Service

Cons

Sometimes have to work on Saturdays

best place for learning new things

day at cu is hectic a lot of things specially about administration management is good workplace is good and colleagues are supportive too much work and no rest

Good Work Culture

I work as an Assistant Professor in UITHM department of Chandigarh University and am quite happy with the results. It has been around a year that I have been working here, the senior management is considerate , experienced and helpful. The salary is paid according to the UGC norms which is really good. There is a positive work environment in the department. The university has great infrastructure. Faculty is also provided transportation facility by the university. My specialization is Tourism, and I have been subjects according to that only and am happy with the system. I totally recommend this university for those who want to make career in academics.

Pros

Transport Service

Happiest Place to work

I am working as an Assistant Professor in Chandigarh University from the Last 9 Years. job retention & security is appreciated. Being an employee, you should get salary on time, you need both personnel & professional growth, I have experienced the same in the last 9 years in Chandigarh University.

Productive Environment and Work Life Balance

As private university, this is the best place to work. There are various opportunities to grow like various Faculty development programs, expert talks, workshops and others.

Pros

Good Environment, Salary on time

Best University with NAAC A+ Grade

Working at CU is a multi-tasking job from taking lectures to guiding students in their projects along with doing various academic and administrative tasks. Personal growth opportunities are also immense.

Pros

Good atmosphere, Focus towards research work, Transparent academic work, Mangement is strict about discipline

Cons

Saturadys are working; salary deduction without prior info

Good Work Culture

Pros

Transport Service

It is a pleasure working with Chandigarh university

It is a pleasure to work with Chandigarh university . the environment of the university is very good. All the staff members are very supportive and cooperative. We have a flexible managent system and the pay structure is also very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chandigarh University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chandigarh University with