Chase logo
Chase

Chase Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,620 reviews

Good company to work

it was dream to work for JP and when i got selected it was like a dream come true. after spending 8 years in JP i had to leave as they were going from manual work to automation.

Just a regular paycheck to paycheck job with good benefits

Not trying to be negative here but if you have no clear sense of what you want to do in life then working will be OK until you find what you truly want to become in life rather than sitting behind a desk answering calls all day for a company who cares less for its own customers than its employees' voices and concerns. Chase has the ability to become great if it wasn't govern by politics and people looking at metrics all day long. To chase you are nothing but a number of what they call a scorecard. Sure, benefits wise it's good but I rather work for a place where I feel I'm going somewhere then being promoted to another desk job or department to take more calls on different matters. Smaller banks are way more better than this bank here.

Pros

Benefits, good meals

Cons

Shorts breaks, more and more calls, no sight in advancing. It's a call center job

Does Not Care About People

The pre-employment process is a mess. Recruiters and management suck at communication. But, you should definitely apply for a job with Chase if you like being treated like you don't matter.

Beware of Market Expansion

The role Associate Banker (AB) is basically a cross trained position. They are both tellers & bankers; except for the fact that they do not get any incentives for opening accounts. Mostly ABs do service but when other licensed bankers are busy, they open up accounts. The job itself is pretty easy and mundane. The pay is relatively low compared to other financial institutions especially since there's no incentives. The first couple of days I was at Chase, I was really impressed. It seemed like the firm really do pride itself on employee engagement. They would say that your feedback is important and they make changes according to the feedbacks but they don't. The market directors also seem to be chill and down to earth. However....Beware when you have an issue with workplace conflict. Even if you escalate it to HR, Management, Upper Management; they will tell you to rise above it. Upper Management gives false promises and never promote anyone deserving of it. TLDR; Chase from the outside looks like they have their ducks in a row. But once inside, it's clear they don't have their ducks in a row.

Management and benefits

Only positive thing working here are the benefits. The whole time working here I had 1 to 2 different managers every year for 6 years. Management was horrible. No support from regional manager either. Had to do things on my own to accomplish my work duties without having the training to do it so I had to figure it out.

Great employees. Greedy leadership

Terrible Co to work for. I would never allow my kids or recommend friends to work there. They work your tail off and it’s never appreciated and the Co always wants more and more. Not a work life balance company at all.

Pros

Employee are miserable. They comfort each other

Cons

regional Leadership up to CEO

"Growth"

When I started here, I loved it! It didn't take long before I saw that we are just punching bags to clients with no one to really back us up. Day in and day out. It's very sad. Also, they continually remove positions and pay seasoned people less and new hires more. It is not the way to keep happy employees.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Nowhwere to go from branch level.

Decent job, but management is horrible

The job of an associate banker wasn't too hard and for working part-time (20 hours), I had some good benefits like health insurance and PTO. I enjoyed working with most people there. However, I had a horrible manager who just wasn't suited for her job. Last year during the COVID pandemic, my branch was closed and I was helping at different branches, where I met another horrible manager and two wonderful managers. Managers really make a difference in the workplace morale and employee's productivity. While working under those two horrible managers, I was constantly stressed and anxious to the point I dreaded going to work. I think Chase should stop allowing anybody to become a manager. I understand being in that role isn't easy, but Chase should better train and take the time to see who is really worthy to become a manager. Other than that, I enjoyed working for Chase and learning a lot from my role there.

Pros

learn basic finances, work with some wonderful people

Cons

incompetent management, no work-life balance, inflexible with school life

work unless you absolutely need it.

I mean its okay but upper management is horrible. My immediate teammates are okay but it differs from team to team, some are nightmare. Career mobility is non existent, they'll give externals opportunities and much higher pay than you who has been working there for awhile. Apparently you don't get raise cause you're capped, which isn't true because the external who got hired is getting more than you (for same position). Raise requires an "offer from another company first", even then what they offer is laughable. If I'm already getting an offer from another company why would I want to stay with you considering it requires that length to get a raise. Again this all could be different depending who is in-charge in your location.

Pros

Nothing extraordinary, my coworkers are okay, but it's not the same for every team.

Cons

everything pretty much, there's no compensation, raises is unheard of, pay is not justified to the responsibilities you have.

Great Experience

It was amazing to learn and watch the machine in action. Chase was filled with customer friendly and experience staff. A very technology forward company.

Pros

work life balance

Jobs at Chase

See more jobs

Great place to learn banking. no work/life balance

It's great for learning new skills for banking/financial industry. They provide great tools to advance your skill set. It honestly sets you up to have an amazing resume to move to another company. Very little room for a work/life balance with branch roles. Large company so ideally, you're just a number. No care or consideration towards your life aspects. Work is the only thing that matters. Guess that's just corporate America huh? Meh..

Horrible job place

Since the pandemic star is been horrible working from home, more stress that at the office no help at all the paid rate is better for the new employees than the old ones that is not fair

Pros

Free lunches not at all

Cons

Short breaks 💔

Great Part time

Over time the company like to squeeze the numbers to make sure you make less and make sure you do more. Over a couple years the roll change titles and with that your hours decrease. To compensate for your hours they tell you they will increase your pay. Knowing that your paycheck will still be smaller than your original check. You are reminded every week to summit an entry to appreciate a member of the team to increase moral. With the new minimum wage which we were all excited to get then finding out they cut the hours to make it work. Cut certain incentives and making it less rewarding, but Chase is one of the most profitable bank.

Pros

Able to help people solve their problems

Cons

The System

Low pay

Employees were overloaded you with work, tests, calling clients, while having to simultaneously help walk in customers. Low pay not commensurate with the work load required to complete or level of experience.

Pros

free lunch at times

Cons

Stay Away From Working At The Branch Level...

Working at the branch level at Chase has got to be the most depressing and stressful thing ever. The experience is so awful that it has become a toxic work environment for everybody. People called out whenever they feel like and show up late and leave early whenever they want. Some of the employees walked all over the manager and he/she doesn’t do anything about it... no respect whatsoever.A lot of the branches are short-staffed because people are either quitting or they called out and most of the people that I work with are thinking about leaving for good, including the manager. Also, I can’t speak for other companies on this issue but Chase has probably got one of the worst career advancement policies in the industry. I graduated with my bachelor's over a year now and I’ve been trying ever since to get a full-time corporate job but the higher-ups in the company couldn’t care less about giving me a chance. So all I’m saying that - please don’t ever apply for a branch-level position because you will regret it and to be honest, bank branches are going to be obsolete in the near future. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Benefits

Cons

No career advancement within corporate via branch level/toxic workplace and rude employees/low pay

Great culture

It’s a great place to work, low stress with accountability . Management is very flexible with time off and the company took care of employees during covid

Great Company to work for

Loved working for Chase Bank. One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They cared for their employees and would help them succeed. Would definitely work for this company again. Allowed employees to balance home/work life

Worst Political environment with unqualified managers

I worked for Chase for 5 years and was surrounded by mean people. Supervisors get picked for brown nosing higher managers. My supervisor was the reason I left. Negative reinforcement only. Supervisors in many cases are unqualified. The pay is the worst in the industry. No bonuses no matter how hard you work and no matter how well the company does. In 5 years I received a $1.50/hour raise total. Target treats their employees better. Too bad I wasted 5 years of my life working for mean people. If they offer you a job run as fast as you can. Chase is too big to understand their culture is awful. I am so happy I left and would not recommend working for Chase to my worst enemy.

Benefits

Cons

Management is terrible

Family oriented place fun working place

Would love to work there again. I love working uere ive learn a lot if things and got to know a lot of people. Awesome managers amd co workers. Everyone helps on another.

Eh

They do not pay enough and only give 212 seconds for calls. First shift people get paid 16.50 and 2nd shift 18. It's horrible how little huge corporations pay their employees while the rich get richer. Shame on you

Relaxed and easy place to work

Day to day feels very relaxed. Not required to push sales on the teller line. The culture is overall very supportive of your growth. Company is constantly working on improvements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,968