Chegg logo
Chegg

Chegg Employee Reviews

Good

It was exciting and good. It was productive and nice experience. My job was authoring text book solutions which was work from home.The payment process also good and it was timely. Bonus was also given on few books and questions.

Pros

Bonus on few books

Cons

Giving morequestions to solve

People and culture

Amazing people and very much employee centric. A great start for freshers and extremely great for experienced. Professional and great places to work.

Pros

Free snacks 24/7, benefits, Swag kit every year, Shares, yearly appraisals

Cons

Nothing to point out

Productive and an amazing work environment.

Love working at Chegg. The people here are the kindest and the work environment is so beautiful and interactive. I have learnt a lot here. My mentors here are very patient and very understanding. I enjoy working at Chegg.

Pros

Amazing work-culture

Productive and fun workplace

I learn alot from Chegg.Chegg give a platform to connect whole world.This give a very good opportunity to explore myself.We can earn and learn from this platform

Very relaxed work culture and very good for freelance work

It is a platform to help students with their queries where an expert gets renumeration according to his/her contribution per query basis and people are earning very good money after spending some time there

Pros

Work at your own comfort

Cons

No work during semester breaks and have to work in night to earn more

Exceelent

Study and earning go hand in hand .Bonuses are fab ! You can earn as much as you can .No limit to earnings.Flexible timingsEnhance your knowledge.Answer writing capability.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Less flow of questions some months

Nice place for permanently remote work

The system is interesting. As Subject Matter Expert you get questions from students and paid according to quality of solutions provided, be it handwritten or typed. This is subject to sudden Quality Review for answers and a warning is given for totally incorrect answers. Repeating the said offence leads to account revocation. The monthly payment is quite good depending on how much time you devote here because there are no fixed or minimum working hours, so earnings can vary without any limits. There is a prefixed rate for answering each question which varies across subjects. And it is subject to 10% withholding tax before crediting the same to your bank account.

Pros

Enhancement of existing knowledge and sharpening of concepts that might have become rusty, regular payments, occasional criteria based bonuses

Cons

Less earnings for finance experts versus science experts, not a level playing field

Managed Network Expert

Amazing place .Great work life balance and lot of knowledge enhancement.The only issue is as it is freelancing don't provide experience certificate.Timings are excellent and no stress.Great if you want side income.

Pros

Cons

No experience certificate

Good

Good experience and have a chance to get in to the platform.Extra standard questions have to be solved.Some time the students rate us according to our answer.

Pros

Good platform

Cons

Competition high

Work at Home

Chegg is the one of the best platform to earn a money for students who have low income.....this job is done in work from home....best way to earn by solving questions according to this guidelines....I recommend this platform platform for part time job to students....

Jobs at Chegg

See more jobs

Part time. Work freely, no target. You will be paid exactly as much you work.

The payment process is good. But this is not a full time secured job. It is something like freelancing. Have full freedom to choose the working time, but the job is a bit tough for UG candidates as most questions they provide are of PG level or above. But the thing is nothing is easy. And work is not just for getting a pay but work is something from which we can learn new things. Chegg do provide that. Honestly Chegg had helped me a lot during my lock down days. I am grateful towards the Chegg India Pvt Ltd.

Pros

Flexible working time, part time job.

Cons

Time consuming

good

it is very good platform especailly for college students they can earn their own beside their study time. but job is not secure much as it has quality issues.

Overall good

Its good for people who are willing to make some extra bucks in free time. The only downside is inconsistency of work that are given and for some people pulling all nighters might not convenient.

Work at home/hostel

I was a statistics subject matter expert at Chegg. Being a minimalist , check the pros and cons to get an idea about the role. Now, I am just completing the 150 characters required for the review.

Pros

Choose your own time, own problems

Cons

lazy clients/students, poor pay, no employee protection against shi**y and du*b questions/students.

Senior management is not good

There is groupsim only they pay handsome salary to marketing team for other team there pay scale is less mangers are also very bad and less supportive they can fire you with no proper reason

Benefits

Cons

Worst management specially managers and US team

Why would you want to work at Chegg?

The job at Chegg is creative. I could utilize my knowledge to the best by solving tricky questions. It gives me immense pleasure while solving the problem and helping learners like me to rectify their doubts. The interface provided by Chegg is very user friendly

Pros

Flexible Work Hours

productive and challenging

the job at chegg is creative .I could utilize my knowledge to the best by solving tricky questions .It gives me immense pleasure while solving problem and helping learners like me to rectify their doubts. The interface provided by Chegg is very user friendly witg discrepencies.

Productive workplace

Good place. Good work. Challenging. Varied. The work has its ups and downs but overall its a good gig. Would recommend others to join. I hope to continue working here.

Experience

Chegg is a good site to increase your knowledge and gain some experience with monthly salary. The monthly payment depend upon your work more you work more you earn

Pros

Good to gain more knowledge

Cons

10% tax policy is not good

Chegg serves a good platform for new teachers to take doubt questions of international students of your field. Sometime their is a huge workload.

We as a subject expert have to solve as many doubt questions for students. I have learned to make student understand the topic in much more detail meanwhile making topic easy for them to grasp. i had to manage my work life balance because sometime it is time consuming process. The hardest part of the job was to work consistently for hours but i have enjoyed doing that job because i learned to solve problems of variety of students and their different doubts which i love doing.

Pros

Good work ethics

Cons

Tough to meet their working schedule

Extremely dishonest and arbitrary treatment given to Experts

Worked as an Expert. The treatment is most unfair. Accounts are blocked, access is revoked for no apparent reason, without warning and without a fair chance of hearing. They say it is a part time job as per one's convenience. Yet access is revoked only because one is unavailable for a few days. Is this truly fair? Pay is cut, no explanation is given. Emails are not answered. Is this cheating?

Pros

Cons

Everything, Pay is low, Pay is not given in ful, . Cuts to pay are without reaso, . No logic to the arbitrary high handedness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chegg with