Christian Medical College
Christian Medical College Employee Review

September 22, 2014
I am an independent researcher, run a team of research students and technical staff under the department of GI sciences. I have an established Molecular Biology lab and my research focuses on Human Microbiome. I teach and train students from diverse educational background. Apart from students I manage technical and non-technical staff who help maintain and run the lab. Since it is a Christian Mission Hospital it is hard to live with low salary and no options to progress to higher cadres, that are due for your efforts. The most striking part is recognition, this institute is recognized world-wide with its alma-mater spread across the globe, and of-course this helps me to collaborator across the globe.
Pros
Renowned
Cons
poor scope for advancement
March 5, 2017
Same roleSame location
Asst Professor, Anesthesia (Former Employee) - Vellore, Tamil Nadu
I did my postgraduate studies here. Vast experience in dealing with cases in my field. My teachers were the best in the field. After my post graduation I worked there too. The management was also very supportive.
Pros
The best in the country
Cons
Less remuneration
May 29, 2016
Same roleSame location
Asst Professor (Former Employee) - Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Excellent work culture, Service attitude , Employee relations are very cordial. One gets addicted to the system due to its high efficiency. It is defficult to work in other institutions after working here , because the standards that we gets used to are high.
March 20, 2020
Same location
Post Gradguate Registrar in General Surgery (Former Employee) - Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Pg registrar are the usually the first point of contact between the patients and doctors. So usually in charge of them, but seniors available especially in early days to help making decisions. On call days are busy between casualty and theatre, which usually spills over the following day. Given ample opportunities for surgery. Regular academic sessions to ensure that they are studying.
Pros
Good exposure
Cons
Very busy