Christian Medical College

Christian Medical College Employee Reviews for Assistant Professor

I did my postgraduate studies here. Vast experience in dealing with cases in my field. My teachers were the best in the field. After my post graduation I worked there too. The management was also very supportive.
Pros
The best in the country
Cons
Less remuneration
Excellent work culture, Service attitude , Employee relations are very cordial. One gets addicted to the system due to its high efficiency. It is defficult to work in other institutions after working here , because the standards that we gets used to are high.
I am an independent researcher, run a team of research students and technical staff under the department of GI sciences. I have an established Molecular Biology lab and my research focuses on Human Microbiome. I teach and train students from diverse educational background. Apart from students I manage technical and non-technical staff who help maintain and run the lab. Since it is a Christian Mission Hospital it is hard to live with low salary and no options to progress to higher cadres, that are due for your efforts. The most striking part is recognition, this institute is recognized world-wide with its alma-mater spread across the globe, and of-course this helps me to collaborator across the globe.
Pros
Renowned
Cons
poor scope for advancement
This is a good place to be in.We get good experience but the hours are long
Pros
good experience