Cigna

Cigna Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,696 reviews

Satisfactory

Cigna is the best insurence company for each & every person. There are so many features to insure your life with useful & peaceful as well as secured journey of life.

Stressful full demanding company that pretends to care

Micro management company a manager a department for everything. Bonus or quarterly not monthly they make up the rules as they go .For company convenience.

Pros

Fun helping people

Your actual job will become affected by the unnecessary stresses. This place has a high turnover. To most, it's not worth it. Good place if you just want money and don't care how you're treated or about your health

Pros

pay and overtime opportunities

Cons

dishonest management, horrible benefits, unfollowed guidelines

Great place i travel and get tickets for free and get out of the hotel for free and get the latest information about how to get insurance and get the most

Pros

Good work

Cons

Short break

Love my job here!

The company is great to work for! They offer great benefits, have great beliefs and values company-wide. I feel very proud to be an employee here and would highly recommend to all of my family and friends!

Back to back calls

Back to back calls, difficult scenarios to handle, because of that it is a stressful job. It is difficult to reach bonuses.Good thing about it is the co-workers

Buen ambiente de trabajo y teletrabajo

Es un buen lugar para trabajar. Hay buen ambiente. El horario te permite conciliar.Ambiente multicultural. Sueldo bajo comparado con la media.

Pros

Seguro médico privado, teletrabajo, buen horario.

Cons

Salario no muy alto, alta rotación.

Not a clear description of the job too many different companies and departments in one company.

Good benefits. Compensation ok. Management needs a lot of work. I’m customer service it’s all about dumping the work on each other and management promotes negative competition amongst employees.

Pros

Good Benefits Good Attendance Policy

Cons

Impossible expectations for each call, lots of micromanaging the employees but no help when employees have questions.

Great company with good benefits.

Great company with good benefits. There were bonuses given to us while working during the pandemic. Good support from leadership. The cons, I was salaried so I did not have any control of my schedule.

The good things are fewer. Offices closed, less chance for inclusion, training, exposure to other jobs

Cigna has been good to me, however, I am toward the end of my career. I continue to see erosion in how much support and care the US based workforce is getting from this company especially since the merger with Express Scripts.

Pros

Flexible schedule for some jobs, work from home

Cons

advancement potential reduced, training not long enough and upper management not providing good direction or explanations

You will develop anxiety and depression working here under super high stress

I don’t know a single employee happy here. They change things daily without thinking it through and it negatively impacts productivity and customer experience. They make us log every minute of everyday and people fudge the data anyways so it’s pointless. They could use system reports to see how long we are on calls but that would make too much sense. I’ve never worked under worse leadership and I’ve worked for three other health insurance companies. Cigna promotes the wrong people to upper leadership. They are so disconnected from the front line employees and make decisions without the knowledge, skills, or experience to do so. The only reason any of us stay is because of the time off and pay after many years it’s hard to match.

Pros

Remote Pay

Cons

Lack of clear expectations Micromanagement Lack of high quality training Systems are not streamlined

Overall, this was an ok to have first job but don't expect much.

This was my first job out of school in 2011-2015 for medical call. At the time, I liked it. However, as the years progressed, I realized how toxic this place was.Management was ok to start out with, but they play favorites. No matter how good of a job you did, you were never allowed to advance. I wanted to go to claims. I was called a typical millennial for wanting it now,and told business needs would not allow it. This is their go to excuse. I had waited 3.5 years, and they still said this to me. Some managers did support you, and others did not. It is just the luck of the draw.I always did my best and met my goals and quality. I really did care for customers. It was back to back calls everyday. I did feel prepared for it. The initial training was great, but please remember this was 2011. There is no telling what it is like now. Follow up training for special call queues, was read this SOP between calls. This was not good. I would recommend this job in the very short term. Please be aware of what your signing up for with call. You will take 100+ calls a day, and get screamed at a lot. Your quality surveys are based on these people. They can either love you or hate you. Also your call handle time needs to average to about 2 minutes. You have to learn to forget about work when you go home. You will experience some type of burnout. There are just some customers you can't help no matter how much you want to. You may get calls from someone that has to choose between chemo and rent and the doctor's office won't work with them on this issue. In short, An ok short term job -

Pros

The pay was good.

Cons

No advancement. Favoritism.

It was okay, for a while then went downhill overworked underpaid.

you are not valued as much as they like to say it is inclusive but it is not. Higher-up management does not care about you or your direct managment. The best thing about this was the flexibility but they do not care about people with kids during the pandemic at all.

Pros

remote work

Cons

overworked, underpaid, no work-life balance

You will be stressed out your mind....

The company does not care whether you have a work/life balance or not. They will work you to death and tell you that you are required to work late and on weekends because you are a salaried employee. You will never feel like you accomplish anything, because each day you have a new fire to attend to that takes priority over the other priorities you were just given. When you don't complete your normal daily work and ask for help you will be made to feel like you are useless and the only person that cannot keep up, even though all your peers are behind too. Do yourself a favor and find a company that cares if it's employees are happy and stay healthy. They don't care about your health and if you die they just replace you and move on to beating down next one. I stayed way too long because of the ability to work from home and the pay, but it was not without it's health consequences.

Management is supportive and helpful

Management is supportive and helpful. They are encouraging and they want you to succeed. Management will do what they can to aid in your success and they will work with you any way they can.

Pros

Work/life balance. Work from home flexibility.

Cons

Frequently changing "paperwork" standards, however, this is a constant no matter where you are employed in healthcare.

not much training

you're expected to learn a ton of stuff in a few weeks then you're thrown out to the wolves. they need a better training program and need to give more support. overtime required

Pros

pay is OK, work from home

Cons

schedule, overtime, management, training

Not a good place to work.

Management does not care about employees. The company does everything they can to oppress the employees, whether its being condesending, micromanaging, monitoring your idle time, or not giving your the resources needed to do your job. Forget about advancement, promotions are based on favortism, not by work effort.Alot of red tape to go thru. You need manager approval for everything you do, even renaming a file on your desktop. I would not recommend this company for anyone, cant wait to find a job elsewhere.

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Not even pretending they care about people anymore.

COVID-19 clearly changed the workplace for a lot of people, but this place has become incredibly greedy about it. Pay raises for employees were withheld, while the company profited and gave raises to the board. COVID related absences count towards our PTO, and while your PTO is accrued based on your hours, it is capped at a yearly amount, and with increased work demands, you're required to work OT on top of that. So, you're simply a resource at this company. They won't hire more people at competitive wages, they won't give raises to those who have worked there for years, they are losing staff left and right and not replacing them. I feel constantly degraded and burnt out, while also not being treated like a person. Do not work here.

Pros

401K Match is high

Cons

Pay, healthcare (shockingly), management, pretty much everything.

They do not care if you get sick with Covid

They got mad at me for having Covid and not answering phones as much. They won’t pay you if you’re new . They make millions of dollars and micromanaged

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Medical Customer Service Advocate

The job isn't for everyone. Be ready to learn a lot from multi areas. No call is the same. Expect a lot learning after training. It could easily take up to a year to learn your role.

Pros

Manager Support, Town Hall Meeting

Cons

Metrics

working from home

worst company ever, you will never see a bonus, they try to force their training on you on your weekends off and make you work overtime for the entire year.

Pros

Cons

Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cigna with

• Cigna
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?