Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

Showing all 18,833 reviews
citibankorganisationbankingbankbalancecultureexposurebrand

Good

Good organization to make long term career.Projects are based on business unit you are part of.Many of the projects still run on legacy tevh stacks.Overall good.

Challenging to work

Us Management is very hard to work with. They are absorbed in their bubble and have no interest in you or the work you do. Often push to do uncompensated overtime.

Citi insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Average at best

Some decent colleagues, but quite a few unethical ones in Finance department- specially the ones who have remained at Citi for 10-20 years. These people mostly recruit based on certain "characteristics" that one is born with and reject others calling it "not a cultural fit". This results in a place where most people with so-called experience actually don't know anything and have stayed at the firm because no one will recruit them anyway.

Pros

Some departments have very nice people, unlike Finance; easy-going and not a stressful place

Cons

toxic work environment in certain departments

Easy place to work

This job isn't hard but it does get very repetitive. I enjoy being a banker and handling clients needs, but having to make 20-25 calls under the management of my branch can be very repetitive.

Pros

easy job

Cons

outbound calls

Productive and great benefits

It's a fast paced environment with a lot of calls you have to deal with. I'm really impressed with the benefits that they offer their employees. The best job I have worked for by far

What is the best part of working at the company?Coworkers and pay.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Concentrate too much on AHT and sentiment surveys. Don't give you opportunity to be yourself and treat customers better by allowing extra time to help them and try to get a 1 call resolution. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly and helpful coworkers What is a typical day like for you at the company?Take incoming calls from my department but if other departments are super busy you will get their overflow call and have to help that customer even if not your expertise.

It is a Good Company to work for with competitive work environment

Be ready to get into a competitive work environment. Excellent work culture.Competitive pay structure as per industry standard.Excellent Incentives, Contest Bonus & Quarterly Bonus upon extra ordinary performance

System Analyst

Business users are nice. The technologies they used are outdated. The pay is just average. So they do not attract many talents. Promotion is not based on performance, it's based on how many years you have worked for them. Slow progression.

What is the best part of working at the company?No pros honestly. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Clients and leadership. Leadership was terrible. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful.

Estrés

Muy estresante y complicado pero todo un reto para demostrar habilidades

Toxic leaders

Zero professional respect among leadership. They don't seem to care about you even as a human being. Constant belittling comments and just self inflated egos make this place intolerable.

Fun environment

Great place to work, variety of shifts to work, great benefits, paid vacations, VTO options, daycare on sight, management is okay, hectic overload some

Safe, big, bureaucracy. Bland corporate work

Citi is a nice place to work overall but will not excite or motivate you. Lots of room for advancement and benefits are pretty good. Time off is above average.

What is the best part of working at the company?Their benefits and salary What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Their sales goals What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Nice culture What is a typical day like for you at the company?Regular day at a 9-5 nothing out of this world

Good benefits, thats it

Benefits are great, thats all that is good here. You can't talk to the payroll department at all, its always someone will create a ticket, and someone will respond in 3 days. Training is one thinb, the floor is different, I'm due for 2 referral bonuses, and bc I was using a benefit that citi offered, I had to wait tonget back from leave to get, and still getting a run around, now I need to complete a survey. Its very run around. And hard to get questions answered, and unable to speak to hr department on the phone or in person.

Bad management

This is a good job for the pay and insurance benefits but that’s it!! Awful for work/home life balance.. I worked there for 3 years and they never would adjust me to another shift. In the 3 years I was there I only failed two calls and the reason they declined my application for a higher department was “bad score card”. The management is a joke

Great place to start your career in the retail banking industry

Citibank is a great place to start yor career if you are a new grad. Their interview process last a couple weeks, which includes two rounds. The first round is with a branch manager that goes over your resume and the second round is with the area director which would ask more detailed questions regarding your resume and job functions.

Empresa com reconhecimento mundial.

Eu gostei mui De trabalhar no Citibank. Existia um reconhecimento do trabalho, oportunidade dr crescimento e grande variedade de conhecimento.

Pros

Muitas oportunidades

Cons

Mudança de estado de moradia

Great work place

Challenging, exciting and rewarding work placeThe methodology is really clear, concise and coherent. The team members that I worked with were very supportive and nice people

A lot has changed in 5 years = Toxic

The most unpleasant work environment in the last 5 years and I was there for over 25 years.I would look for other options and only apply if last resort. Many long tenured and talent left. The ship is sinking.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Inexperienced leadership, zero remote work unless you know someone

What is the best part of working at the company?Co workersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not very compassionate towards employees, very sales focusedWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Horrible, bosses don’t care about anything besides sales and very immatureWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Work as a teller, take deposits, withdrawals and other transactions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Citi with

Citi reviews by popular job title

• Citi
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?