Citrix Systems Inc.

Citrix Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with lots to learn no work life balance if you get a bad manager you get paid well and promoted fairly if you perform and have the skills would recommend it
Great people with plenty of opportunity for advancement. My manager was great and I was extremely close with the team in my territory. I would recommend working at Citrix as long as you are a producer.
Citrix offers a working environment where you can grow within the company. They provide the proper training for new employees to be successful and to thrive within the company. The relationships within the team will make you feel like you are family and that it is not just a job.
Pros
Many chances to move up in position. Citrix is focused on building talent within.
Good. I had a great experience working as a team player and opportunities for advancement in my career Bad. Nothing really bad other than losing my job due to company reorganization
Pros
Free coffee, water, snacks, sodas and juice. Big cafeteria with many healthy choices of food and beverages
Cons
The HR team at Citrix is smart, dedicated to employees and the future of the company, and a great (even if challenging) place to learn from the best HR generalists and COE specialists in tech.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn how to provide true HR Business Partnership and build an HR career
Cons
The workload is intense
Good work life balance.Good salary and benefits.New and cutting edge technologies used so lots of learning opportunities.Stable company with great future as demand for WFH is increasing.
Pros
Work life Balance
Citrix Consulting Services (CCS) Principal Consultant. Current Employee.Management (direct): I have had three managers and had excellent relationships with each of them. My complaints, criticisms, and comments are taken seriously. I have a monthly or bi-monthly meeting with my direct supervisor.Daily work: I traveled most weeks prior to COVID but now I am 100% remote. I anticipate this staying the same. 80% of my work was client facing. In the beginning, that is tricky, but you get the hang of it quickly. Prior to COVID, I had a second or more senior lead (additional resource). There is quite a bit of documentation, but that is related to CCS/Citrix Consulting.Pay/Benefits: 90k + 11k bonus for my starting salary. After getting promoted, I am up to ~$124k. 108k salary + 17k bonus. Good healthcare, company stock purchase plan, 401k, etc. Corporate offices have free snacks, consulting travel allows for up to $100/day on food/drinks. Most challenging part of the job: Difficult clients, documentation, and forcing myself to travel every week. The travel gets old quickly, my personal relationships have suffered, and I missed out on some important events at home. Most enjoyable part of the job: Company events, traveling, flights home (from clients), and fixing major client issues. Talking and creating paperwork is not very meaningful but fixing things is.
Great products, nice people, a little too much politics and favoritism. Good opportunity to learn the software business and cut your teeth, but on the low side of pay compared to most all other software companies in the Raleigh area.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Citrix offers great benefits, strong training, and has a nice headquarters in Ft. Lauderdale. How you do in sales depends entirely on the territory or set of accounts you are assigned. Before getting hired find out what percentage of assigned accounts are existing Citrix ones that can be upgraded to the next generations of products within a year and which ones are whitespace and have never purchased Citrix products.
Pros
Ft. Lauderdale HQ, overall benefits, good products
Cons
Corporate Account Manager assigned to whitespace accounts is a very difficult role.
Citrix does some really cool tech so it was a really fun place to learn and grow in my experience. ...................................................
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citrix Systems Inc.?
I enjoyed my work at Citrix and really enjoyed the teams I worked with. The organization is great about allowing people to work from home. I do believe they grow their employees and pay them well. Unfortunately, they are like most tech companies and constantly laying people off and changing vision.
Pros
Good management, good pay, good benefits
Cons
Lay people off easily
It was definitely the good old boy network. If you fit it and went along with the status quo, then you will be ok.There’s definitely a lack of diversity, especially at the e executive level.
My time at Citrix was nice. The managers genuinely want to see you succeed and they do everything in their power to make that happen. They also have a lot of fun in office stuff.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Citrix Systems Inc. is great. They allow you to work from home if you are not traveling.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Citrix Systems Inc. are well balanced I think.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Citrix Systems Inc., I think my job is secured for what I do.ManagementIn general, managers at Citrix Systems Inc. are contentious about their staff.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Citrix Systems Inc. is great and we work together very well.OverallMy experience working at Citrix Systems Inc. top notch.
As an opener if you do not perform and hit goals you will be fired. They will give you the option of "resigning" or firing you. They will encourage you to resign "as it won't show up on your career record as being fired" and then they won't have to pay you unemployment. Let them fire you.
Pros
Free coffee, snacks, lunch once a month
Cons
Old leads, repetitive calling
If you under 30 and lacking experience, Citrix will give it to you. There is advancement early on but raises and singinficant career advancement is limited as you progress. Its mostly big brother is watching and KPI metrics via micromanagement.Essentially Citrix likes young and cheap; if you are over 30 and experienced, Citrix Inside Sales won't be for you. You will notice this as soon as you start. Very few people last in inside sales after 3 years, most find work elsewhere, maybe 10% is promoted to the field.
Pros
Solid Benefits. Stock opitons.
Cons
A sinking product line. Maybe one in four inside people like their job after a year.
I worked for COL for 2 years. The VP of the department was 20 years out of date, wasn't technologically savvy - at a tech company - and the department was redundant at best. Received positive reviews, asked what I needed to do to get promoted, was told I would never be promoted out of that position.
Pros
Excellent breakroom stock
Cons
poor leadership
● OverallI am ready for a new adventure and new opportunities.I want to work for a growing business with potential to move forward and have room for personal growth.
Their logo is it’s a great place to work and I’d have to agree. A great balance with work and home life. I loved the office atmosphere and coordinating all the events for the staff. It really was a home away from home.
A great company that compromised its integrity along the way and never really innovated to its potential. But the core product was magical and they have a machine in place that still milks the installed base like a professional dairy farmer. The pay for a Florida company is the best and there are some nice people there. Keep your head down and out of the line of fire and you should be able to grow your career to Director-level. After that, it's become an SAP mafia and a dangerous place to hang your hat. Sad that it was such an inspirational place at one time and now is just another big tech firm with little soul left.
Pros
Customer Installed Base, Partner-Centric, Career Growth until Director-Level, Compensation & Benefits
Cons
You die a slow death, Constant layoffs for the past 10 years breeds fear, The CEO is a chameleon, A very rich chameleon who is loyal to no one but himself!
Low wages compared to market no room for growth and they hire low wage contractors instead.Leaders are never leaving, they should be retired but still there so no one gets to move up. To grow you have to go elsewhere and that is why so many have left the team over time.If you are today’s pet then you get some exposure but it will be limited.