Corning

Corning Employee Reviews

Get to learn a lot of things in a short span of time and working in team is what you get to learn from here and management is awesome
Great work environment but on the spot layoffs kill productivity. I had already started to begin getting things right for the next project. If they need me, I would go back and help....
Design, detail and installation of manufacturing process equipment. Develop project schedules, specify and procure manufactured equipment and components.
when i watched you tube i got kicked out for no reason i got no pay and the boss was rude and the job environment was not clean and no one ever came there were luttel workers
Pay is great but don’t recommend the job if you have a family. Long hours, decent benefits, friendly employees. Rural location, decent health insurance
The culture is built around a very competent, experienced engineering staff and labor force. The products and market share are terrific. I was hired during a period of tremendous business growth and laid off less than three years later due to significant commercial sales decline beginning in mid-2019. Unfortunately, regular periods of workforce layoffs are not uncommon in this industry (the last lay-offs were 2013).
I am only speaking for the production shift positions. The fiber position is great for a male who is interested in getting a paycheck, rather than growing within a company or as an individual. The high pay is compensation for dealing with constant harassment towards women, rigorous 12 hour rotating schedule, inexperienced shift leadership, and unprofessionalism between coworkers. From observing the employees at Corning, the ones who choose to retire in this department forfeit their physical health, mental health, and mindset to achieve more. Human Resources really does their best to solve the issues. Unfortunately due to the moral, immaturity and harassment in this department, it will take a miracle to make these positions what plant management expects it to be. The culture on the production floor is negative, and is treated as something new employees must accept once their training shifts are over. Being able to be employed at a Fortune 500 company sounds great on paper, but while working on the production floor completing mind numbing tasks for 12 hours. There is little to no room to grow when you come in at the entry level position, and you are treated less than individuals in other departments.
Wonderful company with a long history of innovation and reinventing itself to match the challenges of the times. Management does live up to the stated company values.
非常好的一家外商公司,福利好,待遇好,人性化管理,上下班自由,出差住五星級飯店,超過兩個禮拜還有出差費。
Performance is dependent on who you know and their opinion of you. Management are often from Corning US location ie not very open minded, small town mindset.
Summarize everything if you love your family and family oriented don’t work here the pay and benefits are great but management isn’t they don’t care this company doesn’t take doctors notes if you get in a serious accident they will still count it against you they have mandatory overtime you don’t never have your days off only one HR is terrible they feed you lies and once you call them on their stuff they will fire you if there’s bad weather conditions they don’t care you still have to work basically this company doesn’t care about their employees
the overall company could do better and have respect for employees all of them, and keep jobs here not worth to say anything anymore not the place i thought it was
Its a great company for foreign people most of them are now from there, american jobs going overseas and no one to stop this.the old rules that Corning was based on are gone. So watch out.
Corning is located in the middle of nowhere NY... Not bad but if you don't like country then its not for you. The culture is mature and professional and it was a terrific experience for me. The restructuring was unfortunate and I was a casualty of that exercise
Corning was a great place to work! The experience that I received here prepared me better for working in a lab setting. The only down side is that I was never offered a job working directly for corning it was always through a recruiting agency. And there are also a lot of cliques. If you didn't know someone who worked within Corning already your chances of getting hired on permanently were slim to none.
J'ai travaillé à plusieurs reprises en tant que Ramasseur Trieur en équipe. Les horaires ne sont pas des plus simples, mais l'ambiance de travail est agréable, les tâches sont bien expliquées. Bonne qualité de vie au travail en général.
I would recommend working here, but at the same time I would say no just because of how management is. Management was honestly much better 5 years ago, but now it's all about safety which I do understand why, but it's kind of hard for the company to be safe when most of the workers do not understand English, and the company doesn't try hard enough to make accomodations to help these workers.
People are seemingly nice. But this is an old school company in a small town, where there simply are a lot of politics and lip service paid to wanting to change. Do your due diligence before you accept an offer !
At first it seemed like a good place to work. Year after year we make more money for the company and see less appreciation. The Management in the Blacksburg plant and on up to CEO like to line their pockets while forcing the employees to work tons of overtime. When I was hired one of the selling points was only working 14 days a month. Every time we turn around they are taking any and every incentive we have away from us. When you see articles about Corning giving back to its share holders that's only because the CEO owns 3000 of those shares. Communication is definitely not one of the companies strong points. So many things to say about this company and only good thing is the hourly pay.
I enjoy working in Corning Incorporated. The collages are very nice. The leaders are supportive. The transportation to the company is very good. The payment is also good.
A fast, pace environment that is always change. Your job can be challenging, but rewarding as well. A large group of highly educated individuals who are technically advanced and on the cutting edge of technology. Hardest part of leaving the company was leaving the people.
  1. Employee Reviews