CSMCRI

CSMCRI Employee Reviews for Project Assistant

Sampling & Analysis Good Management Good People to work togather Field Jobs
Pros
---
Cons
----
My typical day was very busy. I worked here as a project assistant in a large,research institute. I have worked on MOF(metal organic framework)By far, the most widely examined use for MOFs is gas storage toward alternative, clean mobile energy. Two of the main candidates being safely storing, and transporting hydrogen in large quantities has limited its utility to date. Hydrogen is attractive due to the high energy output with low environmental effect since water is its combustion by-product. Transport of hydrogen represents a significant challenge due to its low molecular weight and very weak attractive forces between hydrogen molecules The storage for hydrogen in a given space at a given temperature and pressure can be increased by physisorptive binding of hydrogen to a surface, which enables closer packing of its molecules by weakly attractive forces. MOFs, as the highest surface area materials known, represent the best opportunity to meet these requirements. Separation and purification applications represent further opportunities for MOFs. Often, energy-intensive processes, such as distillation or conversion of one component into something more easily removeable, are used to achieve difficult separations. Simplifying these processes could mean significant savings of energy resources I have also worked on adsorption of phenol,dyes ,metals on highly porous novel petroleum based activated carbons (PC-ACs) (>3000m2/g) were assessed in a batch mode as Adsorption is evolving as a frontline of defense. Selective adsorption utilizing biological materials,mineral oxides,activated - more...