Defence Research and Development Organization

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

defencescientistorganisationprojectdevelopmenttechnologygovernmentlearn

Fun place to learn

From the very first day, the whole staff there was very supportive and they helped me learn a lot. The work was stress free and the work timings were very flexible.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Not good for a long run

It was good working there

Management was good. Work timing was good. Saturday and Sunday off. I was on contract. Phones are not allowed in campus. Food are good. Snacks provided

Defence Research and Development Organization insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

north guwahati fulung

The work was excellent. but because of the work over there, i had to leave. But the work there was discipline and the pay was very good. i enjoyed working there

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

8hour duty time

Just another government sector.

Its a huge and good campus, but not very interactive employees. They work like robots and get paid very less. The lunch time lasts for 3 hours, and at its worst its a political nightmare.

Pros

Cheap lunches

Cons

Unprofessional environment

Only for people who want to do phd

Hello, i have 3 years of experience in DRDO and i would like to say that working enviroment is very bad there , if you r joining as research scholar they will exploit you, and also the senior scientist will take credit whatever work you will do. I will not recommend drdo to anyone.

Pros

salary

Cons

no credit for work, exploitation, rules rules and rules

Productive and the platform where I learned my life best research

We used to work over there with plenty of time from from day to night and during that time I have studied the best lession of life and did hard core research and educated about the eticate and all form this institution.

Pros

the rich knowledgeable people sarrounded us

Cons

less salary

Very relaxing job especially when you are a scientist and handsome pay too.

A typical day starts around 0840 hrs IST and ends around 1700 hrs IST. There are tea breaks and lunch breaks in between as well. Full independence of parallel working on multiple projects. Its a temple for Aero Engineers, you get to work what u have learnt. Other than the Basic pay you also enjoy the The hardest part of the job is for researchers who get less pay as compared to scientists and officers.

Pros

Wet and Dry canteen facilities. abundant holidays

Was an intern there . So had no salary . But was very productive and got a vast information about it . Love that place and wanted to go again if got a chance .

Pros

Learning

Cons

No phone

Great Work environment

Pros * DRDO is a great place to work if interested in doing Research. * Funding will not be a problem if you have a great idea and able to justify its benefits for our country. * Compensation is also good with respect to the type of work. Cons * Sometimes working hour could be hectic as you have to work for 12-16 hours. * Promotion is time-based, so even after doing great work you will have to wait to get promotion.

productive

productive, highly technical, research and development organization. good work in RF and MW. Very good management . good work culture, clean work place.

Pros

study leave, good salary

Cons

loving working place with ecofriendly environment

i love working here but as my field is site engineering ,i am not satisfied sticked on a desktop making estimates of drdo.also the salary was not sufficient surviving in DELHI.

A good place to establish your career as a permanent employee. Ample free time and enough holidays though salary is less.

Pros

Free hours and holidays

Cons

Less salary

Knowledgeable and good job and life balanced

I have learned many things here like, good nature, helping and kind hearted, time management. coworkers are very good scientist, very knowledgeable people. they used in help in subject related issues. there is no hardest part in this job because very easy going projects and we can rectify the problem easily with the help of our co workers.

Pros

No pressure

Cons

less salary

Productive and Fun Workplace

I am currently working in DESIDOC(DRDO), as an apprenticeship library trainee for one year 2016-17. Working here for me is good for me because I will gain experience, which is very good for my career. The management, staff and co-workers are very helpful and supportive. Here work environment is very friendly. I am enjoying my work here.

Pros

Good and supportive staff, management and co-workers

Cons

low salary

Nice place to work

I have been in the drdo for the last nine years. I have learne a lot about the r and d in the life sciences.I am involved with the various projects of the r and d.

Pros

Future secured

Cons

Salary is not good

Job Place is too far to travel

It is good to work in this organization. Co-workers are very much co-operative Salary is also satisfactory Management helps in every issue

rotary supporting internal flow

good support with other employees. team supporting is good,and also working in workshop that is nice one. i'm happy to working thiere.

Pros

pay lunch

good place

good place to work nice environment and supporting platform i learned a lot from this organization On the occasion of annual day we organized entertainment events its give quite relaxation

Pros

free transport

Cons

delay in salary

learing place

i learned how to talk and behave with the higher authority members, and i have learnt the remaining things which i dont know in autocad and creo, management is no that much good in providing facilities, coworkers are so good The hardest part of the job is time management

Pros

free bus facility

Cons

Tension and very heavy work

Some time we are working 12 hours continuously without gaps and very strees job and the management is not supporting well in any cases.

Typical Governement JOB

One needs to be personally motivated to continue working. Everything moves very slowly. The hardest part of my job is to deal with paper work. I enjoyed the challenging part of the job.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

Discouraging environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defence Research and Development Organization. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Defence Research and Development Organization with