Dena Bank

Dena Bank Culture reviews

India56 reviews

Clear

Working with family members

My work was to contact defaulters of loan payment. Recover the overdue amount of Loan. The contact of the defaulters to be made by phone, personal contact by visiting at their residence & convince for repayment of the loan. I learned that the difficulties faced by farmers in case of natural calamities. The management was very good. Our workplace culture is just like family. every employee feel that i am working for my motherly institute which gives us name, fame & money. We never face the hardest part in our job & most enjoyable part was that when we achieve our set goals & even cross the goals.

Pros

Free lunch when late sitting

Cons

very hard to get sanctioned leave for any functions

It was nice working as an intern at Dena Bank. People were supportive enough to help me out with project that was given to me. I got to know about how the financial indicators actually worked in real field to take decisions whether to give a company loan or not and many more practical work that were done in a bank on a daily basis

Pros

Good work culture, helpful people, supportive

Cons

N/a

Slow paced workplace

Dena Bank does not give an enough good exposure to work for summer trainees. A typical day at work included credit administration, working capital management. I learnt about loan processing, banking operations, working capital management. The workplace culture is bit stressful for full time employees.

Wonderful experience of working in 35 years

I got full job satisfaction, while working in Dena Bank. Working culture is excellent and supportive. I got the opportunity to work at various levels in different cities of the country. I have got good experience of working in field as an Agricultural Officer for 13 years, Auditing, Marketing, Accouning, Books Balancing, Recovery Management and as Branch Manager for 21 years.

Great

great team work, enjoy customer service and their satisfaction, always careful in cash transaction, great management support, i enjoyed public relational.

Learning & Growing Place

Good work culture. Exposure to youngsters. Security of job. Opportunity to get fast track promotions. Branches at various states and still trying to explore at more places.

Pros

Knowledge

all work experiece summary

after my graduation I joined with Dena Bank as a clerk .I have learnt general banking serving retail customer and helping them with their requirement. work place culture also helpful and very friendly.Most of my job was routine one which include cashier cheques collection entry,writing demand drafts for customer and credit and debit entries in to the register As a shop keeper worked very hard for nearly 30 years. 7days a week for nearly 72 hours per week and serving people.I also helped them any way I could. With my experience in serving customers for very ling time is an asset in me. I am very flexible for any task given to me

Pros

as my first job I have gain valuable experience

fine

very very good company lot of positivity around very good management stryle good working culture enjoyable job very goood working environment excellent culture

Change adoption is not easy, follow old pattern of working

Working in Dena bank is good but undeveloped or less updated software is very harmful sometimes, for which an innocent may face problems, working culture is very old, change adoption is impossible, traditional working is good but not acceptable at global level. Salary offer is good in market and among competitors. At few places HR staff is not friendly to employees. Adherence to old working style, no proper job profile, job order is defined at branch level.....all these are creating unsatisfactory employees

Pros

Salary

Cons

No updated software and HR staff is not polite at all

Dull place to work but teaches many aspects of finance and accounting

A typical day at my work place goes average.I m learning banking finance.The software used in my bank is Finacle.I have also learned using Ms excel.The management is good.My co workers are helpful.The hardest part of my job is i have to stay late at my workplace while the most enjoyable part is meeting new customers everyday.

Pros

job security

Cons

no appreciation for hard work;long hours of duty

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dena Bank?

Typical Goverment Bank

Just because of job security Candidates apply. No proper management as well as no supportive feeling. There is no support of co staff. Interest of Working are been spoiled by the management and serious.

Pros

Time sability

Cons

no job satisfaction

Good Workplace

Supportive and friendly staff Good place to work as Intern Friendly co-work Internship Timing : 11am - 5pm

Good

Its was good experience to do work with my mentor. the management was good. My co worker- he was very good in nature.the hardest part of this internship is limited time for the understand all conditions and rules of such topic. The most Enjoyable part of the is to learn about banking loan proposal. it was really very good working for me.

Pros

cheater lunch and good culture

Cons

we are summer interns so they give less time to teach.

over all working is good

As a manager if key staff is on leave and no substitute is available,it is somewhat difficult face the customers.Learned Adminisration and development with co-ordination of staff.Over all management is good but not strong.Co-workers are very Co-operative if we develope Faith for each other.The hardest part of the work is to work under the boss who does not know the Banking/ Management and weak in taking decisions.The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with the staff with mutual understanding and faith and confidance with each other.

Pros

self identity

Cons

as compared to industry, no fastent developm

Bank is govt india undertaking highly monitored by federal reserve bank

a typical day : 31st march a last day of fiscal yearwhat i learn : multi tasking handle smooth customer handle difficult customer.management : A typical govt owned management since bank is govtof india undertaking can not participate politics,can not favour anypolitical party.All civil service rules were applicable.Co worker : always co-operativeHardest part of job : 31st march Complete all fincial statements simul taniosly work with customers.Answer on telephone to Rigional manger regarding financial position of the branch.Actual positionof deposite and short-term and long-term loan portfolio.Most enjoyable part : 31st march last day of fiscal.Because partyat the end of day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dena Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5