Dena Bank

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Working with family members

My work was to contact defaulters of loan payment. Recover the overdue amount of Loan. The contact of the defaulters to be made by phone, personal contact by visiting at their residence & convince for repayment of the loan. I learned that the difficulties faced by farmers in case of natural calamities. The management was very good. Our workplace culture is just like family. every employee feel that i am working for my motherly institute which gives us name, fame & money. We never face the hardest part in our job & most enjoyable part was that when we achieve our set goals & even cross the goals.

Pros

Free lunch when late sitting

Cons

very hard to get sanctioned leave for any functions

Slow paced workplace

Dena Bank does not give an enough good exposure to work for summer trainees. A typical day at work included credit administration, working capital management. I learnt about loan processing, banking operations, working capital management. The workplace culture is bit stressful for full time employees.

Wonderful experience of working in 35 years

I got full job satisfaction, while working in Dena Bank. Working culture is excellent and supportive. I got the opportunity to work at various levels in different cities of the country. I have got good experience of working in field as an Agricultural Officer for 13 years, Auditing, Marketing, Accouning, Books Balancing, Recovery Management and as Branch Manager for 21 years.

Great

great team work, enjoy customer service and their satisfaction, always careful in cash transaction, great management support, i enjoyed public relational.

fine

very very good company lot of positivity around very good management stryle good working culture enjoyable job very goood working environment excellent culture

Productive and enjoyed working

The management is good , the co worker helped a lot and guided the correct way , learned a lot , work life balance and majorly enjoyed working in the Dena bank

Had Great Experience working in and learnt a lot

My time with Dena bank was a great learning experience. Supporting Management and team was friendly and was s fun environment. productive and fast growing bank in India.

Pros

Career growth, Stable Job

Competitive and challenging workplace

1....Day to day work is monotonous and tedious. 2...i have learned the art of customer behavior study and handling them while selling banks products and services. 3...the management is not quite friendly and approachable 4...co workers are helpful and friendly. 5...balancing the work life and personal life is tough and not practical. 6...I like most while dealing with the customers..

Pros

job security

Cons

improper work hours

Change adoption is not easy, follow old pattern of working

Working in Dena bank is good but undeveloped or less updated software is very harmful sometimes, for which an innocent may face problems, working culture is very old, change adoption is impossible, traditional working is good but not acceptable at global level. Salary offer is good in market and among competitors. At few places HR staff is not friendly to employees. Adherence to old working style, no proper job profile, job order is defined at branch level.....all these are creating unsatisfactory employees

Pros

Salary

Cons

No updated software and HR staff is not polite at all

Dull place to work but teaches many aspects of finance and accounting

A typical day at my work place goes average.I m learning banking finance.The software used in my bank is Finacle.I have also learned using Ms excel.The management is good.My co workers are helpful.The hardest part of my job is i have to stay late at my workplace while the most enjoyable part is meeting new customers everyday.

Pros

job security

Cons

no appreciation for hard work;long hours of duty

Typical Goverment Bank

Just because of job security Candidates apply. No proper management as well as no supportive feeling. There is no support of co staff. Interest of Working are been spoiled by the management and serious.

Pros

Time sability

Cons

no job satisfaction

Good freedom and support from management

Very good working atmosphere. Freedom of work. Supportive management. Good work / life balance. High mobility on account of transfers / postings.

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Highly mobile job postings

Good

Its was good experience to do work with my mentor. the management was good. My co worker- he was very good in nature.the hardest part of this internship is limited time for the understand all conditions and rules of such topic. The most Enjoyable part of the is to learn about banking loan proposal. it was really very good working for me.

Pros

cheater lunch and good culture

Cons

we are summer interns so they give less time to teach.

Productive, Too much Hierarchy,Good Learning

It was fun because i had to visit different villages, attend gram sabhas, meet customers and interview them. the project work was beneficial to understand the practical use of management, customer management, ultimate result is must.

Company Secretary working as a Manager in Dena Bank

Preparing and sanctioning proposals all corporate loans like Cash Credit, Term Loans, Working capital loans, Demand Loans, Financial Bank Guarantees, Performance Bank Guarantees, Letter of Credit, Letter of Comfort, Home Loan, Education Loan, Mortgage Loan, Auto Loan, NPA Management, dealing with ROC, Creating charge on the mortgaged properties, compliance of SARFESI formalities, coordinating with statutory auditors for the branch credit audit & compliance of various daily & month end reporting, documentation, etc.

Pros

govt job, less working hours

Hard Working place

I learn about how bank is lending to SME sector. Management is very good, employees are very supportive to each other.

over all working is good

As a manager if key staff is on leave and no substitute is available,it is somewhat difficult face the customers.Learned Adminisration and development with co-ordination of staff.Over all management is good but not strong.Co-workers are very Co-operative if we develope Faith for each other.The hardest part of the work is to work under the boss who does not know the Banking/ Management and weak in taking decisions.The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with the staff with mutual understanding and faith and confidance with each other.

Pros

self identity

Cons

as compared to industry, no fastent developm

Bank is govt india undertaking highly monitored by federal reserve bank

a typical day : 31st march a last day of fiscal yearwhat i learn : multi tasking handle smooth customer handle difficult customer.management : A typical govt owned management since bank is govtof india undertaking can not participate politics,can not favour anypolitical party.All civil service rules were applicable.Co worker : always co-operativeHardest part of job : 31st march Complete all fincial statements simul taniosly work with customers.Answer on telephone to Rigional manger regarding financial position of the branch.Actual positionof deposite and short-term and long-term loan portfolio.Most enjoyable part : 31st march last day of fiscal.Because partyat the end of day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dena Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5