Development Alternatives Group

Development Alternatives Group Employee Reviews

Productive work culture

I had the most enjoyable experience of my life working here with Developements Alternative Group..I had the opportunity to develop more than 200 products, equipments and accessories..Productive workplace...relaxed work culturehuge comfort zone...enjoyed working every minute here

Pros

Huge scope of innovation, perfect platform

Cons

Nothing as such

Development Alternatives Group is one of the best in the industry.

Development Alternatives Group is very good with the employees. They paid salary on time. The management of the organisation is very good, and always ready to help their employee.

Good

Best place for starters. But can have salary issue once in 2-3 years. Lots of learning and helpful for overall growth. Lots of opportunities and responsibilities. Better than any corporate or most NGOs

Good for new fresher candidates

Good experinence for me to join the Development alternatives group for learn my starting future skills to develop my Exeperience for my good and bright future.

Eco friendly building, good working environment, maintain professionalism

I worked there as an HR and find it one of the best organization to work with. It has a green building made of fly ash. Environment-friendly culture. Best place to learn and grow. DA provides you an opportunity to work on top environmental, water management, waste management, entrepreneurship projects.

TARA livelihood activities is proved different training program

TARA livelihood activities (TLA) was established in 2007 by the Development alternative Group (DA) as yet another vehicle to full its mandate of disseminating sustainable development by providing skills to the women and communing groups.

Pros

Provide Livelihood

Cons

NO idea

Wonderful workplace to explore myself with a decent pay

I initially started working in the business development side of the organisation in 2010 and have since worked my way up through the organisation to my current position of Sr. Manager, so it vouches I am enjoying every part of the job very much. My work in any typical day involves being active individually as well as by managing teams. Greatest of the learning so far has been understanding the business overall and how to drive the growth of the organisation with limited resources. The top management is very supportive, they give freedom of decision making, and also stand next in adverse time. In my time with Development Alternatives I have had the privilege of working with some wonderful individuals from variety of countries from Malawi and Cambodia to Switzerland and North America, so during these time were the most enjoyable part of the job. Hardest part of the job is to manage suppliers and vendors who we have not paid for a long time. In spite of calling and meeting my purchaser, they prefer to contact me, which sometimes affect the performance.

Pros

Freedom of expression and ideas sharing

Cons

Incentives as per performane

Many heads in the same bowl

The organization has an action driven approach to projects. It is an NGO which has weaved off For Profit wings to develop enabling enterprises for sustainable growth of programs. It has a staff strength of over 500 people with dynamic attrition rate on one side, while old staff remain closely associated with the organization and it's principles for decades. For programs which are short livid provide a high chance of instability to employees in the institution and hence the parity prevails as there is no accommodated risk fund to cater to such crisis.

Pros

Good campus

Cons

overlap of role play, no clarity on roles and responsibilities. Multiple views sometimes delay in execution of project.

An organisation which gives professionals a space to express themselves freely and take decisions.

An organisation deeply commited to rural development initiatives.One of the very best NGOs in IndiaScope for intellectual as well as professional opportunites for growth for both young as well as mature professionalsManagement systems could do with a bit of redesignGreat coworkers, very supportive but also the best criticsSix day week and more often than not, travelling on Sundays and holidays to the rural areasThe freedom to take independent decisions with responsibility ofcourse

Pros

a great learning environment with ample opportunity for growth

Cons

long week!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Development Alternatives Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Development Alternatives Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6