Discovery Communications

Discovery Communications Employee Reviews

India6 reviews

A dream place to Work

An employee-friendly company & a fun place to work. The company is very goals driven & actually helps everyone to grow & gives everyone ample of chances to give their best at work.

Productive, Fun Place Working and Great Environment

I love working for Discovery. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. If you are an outgoing and social person you can thrive at Discovery. Overall happy work environment and high energy.

Pros

Culture, Perks, & Great Snacks

It's a good place to work and explore your knowledge in media company. Job Security is a challenge with the new Management. The company doesn't have a leader with the vision , and the employes are not motivated .

Extremely long hours due to large volume of work

Long hours starting at 9.30 am in the morning extending upto 8 pm or 9 pm in the evening. Low staffing Favouritism Large Volume on individuals Parties are enjoyable.

Pros

Free Lunch at work withdrawn

Cons

Long Hours due to huge volume of work

Freelancer Translator (Bengali to English) for Discovery Channel

I am not a salaried employee of Discovery Channel and so cannot write about the work atmosphere there. I am a freelancer for the channel and work from home. I like their professional attitude. Programmes are mostly educative and quite interesting. Photography is very good. Though the channels telecast different types of programmes, it would be better if they diversify a little more and cater to educational needs as well as the entertainment ones.

Productive and knowledge growing experience

The work as a translator has been a very nice journey for me. It has been a way to improve your analytic and research skill as well as it improves your language proficiency. Being a home based work it facilitates my balance in living.

Pros

Good money, satiates the cravings for knowledge, improves finer skills, work from home

Cons

No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Discovery Communications with