DNV

DNV Employee Reviews for Surveyor

Surveyor22 reviews

workjobmanagementworkinggreattimelotproject

Good

Good working culture, Management is very good, timely getting salary, good job location, Project management is very good, timely getting required response

Words can’t describe.

This is the best and the worse job I’ve ever had. The world of DNV is very different. Different isn’t wrong, but if you give the different some time to set in. You won’t leave.

DNV insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Good training

The training and work experience offered in DNVGL is second to none. Interesting things worked on all the time. Work life balance is a bit tricky when the work in Maritime picks up.

Pros

Work and opportunities

Cons

Low work life balance

unpredictable schedule of job

some time very stressed and unpredictable work schedule and very tight. Not possible to plan weekend and end of day. but some time on relax and free.

No longer respected, overpriced. Not a good place to work.

DNVGL is interested in only two things. Making money and burning people out at every opportunity. The base pay is fair, but as a surveyor, you are a salaried employee who is expected to work large amounts of overtime for no overtime pay. The management is swamped with projects of their own and have little to no time for the surveyors. Upper management is busy covering their own rear to the home office in Norway. The Houston office is full of foreign management who has not worked anything besides a calculator in their entire lives. I have never worked for a company with such a high dissatisfaction rate among their customers. When DNVGL was known as Det Norske Veritas, they were a good company to work for and well respected, now, that is not the case. They are overpriced and honestly not worth the trouble.

Pompous under qualified Management

Best part of the job was the being out of the office. Hardest part of job was going to a 6 monthly or annual review with your line manager where they ripped you off. Managers were usually not as experienced or qualified as me and had no genuine motivation. Volunteers worked hard on the social club activities, especially during work hours as redundancies loomed. Training was minimal and on leaving found competitors were better qualified. Only way out was to study in your own time, off your own back. This was discouraged by the under qualified management! In summary an awful place to work. Glad to be out of it and much happier now.

good job having opportunity to improve technical/engineering ability

Good job 1) having opportunity to improve technical/engineering ability 2) more opportunity to travel different countries 3) good atmosphere during work 4) Variable career build up during work in Rotterdam NL, New York USA & Koje/Ulsan/Seoul Korea

No work pressure & has a belief in every employee decision,

Great place to explore your career no pressure learning and training with adequate time.Faculty with great technical knowledge and have a belief in every employee and their decision.

Great workplace

Top performing team attitude. Typical workday was to start early and work late as I was a field service representative. Never had a work overload. Management always available even late hours and holidays

Pros

Benifits

Office open plan with easy interaction with other employees

Open the computer and Review incoming messages and act upon them. Complete reports, where necessary and make client phone calls relating to ongoing projects. Interact with other surveyors and techs about ongoing projects Educational opportunity to learn was presented daily and scheduled Management was hit or miss they would change their minds on assignments without checking with the surveyors The hardest part of the job was dealing with this aspect The best part of the job assigned was the travel both domestic and international

Pros

Good place to work assignments are challenging

Cons

Management needs to talk to each other

challenging

challenging all day long chaos at the level of project management poor marketing policy loss of job contracts information chart flow not reliable good daily rate good workling conditions in the office and on board good technical standards and rulles

There is no better company I have experienced

Working for DNV-GL was a dream come true. There are not enough words or even words that could describe the experiences and work life I had while with this company. It breaks my heart that most companies out there are not anywhere near the level that DNV-GL is at.

Pros

everything

Good place

a good place to work, didn't work for me as i was used to the offshore life and the 9-5 was difficult to get used to, would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Getting worse

Management does not take care about employees ability and possibility. And workplace culture getting worse and worse. Many talent person moved competitive company.

Pros

Nothing special

Cons

Unfair local and non-local employees

Excessive work load

Demanding work all of France at short notice. Excessive driving and work hours. Very difficult working conditions and long working days. Unrealistic expectations and possible unhealthy stress levels.

Pros

free lunch tickets

Cons

extreme working conditions

A good place to work

The daily work includes reviewing and approving of client documents while also had to response to technical enquires requested from client. I do also perform analysis for mooring systems, dry transportation and lifting operations.

Pros

Excellent medical benefits

DNV GL was the best company I have ever worked for.

Working for DNV GL was an experience of a lifetime. The work/life balance was absolutely amazing. And the opportunities provided by the company were amazing. There was a lot of room for growth. The company encouraged all of their employees towards individual growth. The management treated you like an adult, with minimal interference, while maintaining a supportive role in everyday activities.

Excellent place to work.

Great managers and co workers, ever ready to help you in your job and private lives.The best place I have worked.Salary beyond the average in the market.Will recommend it to anyone.Would have worked there till eternity if not laid off due to the schisms in the oil sector.

Pros

Everything about this company is excellent.

Cons

No cons

good place

This is a good place to work, only reason looking other places is the oil field is slowing down and out hours are way down. Our hours went from 65-85 a week to below 40

Pros

good pay, good benifits

Cons

depends on 100% on the oil prices

Great work Place and Plenty of opportunity to Grow professionally

Everyday when we go to work we see to it that safety precautionary measure are in place prior start of any Job. I learned to work in a quality manner and never we never compromise on Quality.My co-workers are also great they are supportive and we always share work experience every time we encounter new. There were no hard part of the job because we see to it that we help each other.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

normal hours at sometime we do overtime when needed

very fun

this company provided everything the employees will need.. training , benfits, etc.. co-workers had no choice ut to remain respectable towards one another..

Pros

short distance from home

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DNV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare DNV with