DUKES

DUKES Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere

Great place to work only downside would be the hours are very seasonal plenty during summer almost none after summer. I would recommend this place as a secondary job

Just dont

Skip it! This place is all about the bottom line. They don’t care about employees at all. They are deceptive in communication and there is no follow up on anything

Goal fulfilling and Satisfying results

I love helping people see their dreams come true I remodeled their homes and watched their eyes light up I love seeing that from my customers I have a knack for turning rundown homes into beautiful houses

Pros

Awesome work environment

Cons

Bad weather

some staff were really nice

tennis department staff were rude specially the managers. The coaches were lovely the golf team were amazing and friendly also the bar staff, ski staff management were so far up there bums. and it was very one sided there. the customers were nice unless the management did keep up with their promises and the customers would take it out on the reception team and then when speaking to the tennis management they wouldnt care and hide from the customers and avoid talking to them.

good work enviroment

good small town service...friendly,quick service,. clean fresh food, they also delivered. they do a lot of call ins.also had a game room and pool tables.

Pros

was close to home

Great

Overall nice place, decent hours. Alright place to work if going through college, but you could go about 3 days before working back again. Slow paced and fast paced depending on time

sometimes horrible sometimes the best place to work, everyone is like family.

a good place to work if your ok working with every kind of person very very busy nearly always understaffed the mangenment team are soetimes great but most of the time disappointing but who knows

loved working here, shouldn't have ever left. Great staff, great discounts and so much fun everyday because we work on the beach! Loved every minute of it.

Fun and enjoyable however very physical

When starting at dukes i was bar backing for 2 years until i was legally old enough to serve drinks. Through my years as a barback i learned a good work ethic and how to be a reliable employee. I eventually went on to be the barback supervisor which gave me great levels of responsibility and autonomy. The work was enjoyable as i was working with people that i got along well with and could therefore enjoy myself whilst being at work. The hardest aspect of it was the sheer amount of stock that i constantly had to supply the bar with.

Pros

staff food

Cons

physically draining work

Learning experience to say the least

Even though it was not the best place to work I did enjoy my time here and learned a lot. Most of what I learned was what not too do. Which can be just as valuable as what to do.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DUKES?

kitchen porter

Working at Dukes does getting busy I've learned all different type of dish.I enjoyed working and meeting new peoples the hardest part was making sure all food preps was done before the services.

Pros

free luch and dinner

Hello

I like this place,it's very busy and the people there is very nice.I like the payment and everything about this restaurant is very good i have i good expirience tehere.

Pros

free lunches

Exciting work environment

I really enjoyed working with the Dukes franchise when I did. I was the best. I ate and worked, worked and ate. I also got paid big bucks. There was a lot of respect giving from my supervisory core. I would love to work there again. Maybe when work peaks.

Fun work place boss is great

I've worked their for a year or so never was abad moment we made pizzas with no power and still made it on just a generator we worked on getting your pizza with no power

Pros

Layed back and easy

Cons

Slow days

Machine operator

Loved being a waitress here. I've met a lot of good people when I was there. It stayed out as a summer thing while I was in school. But I stayed longer. The tips were great and at The end of my shift I couldn't believe it. Very nice environment to be apart of and they have great food as well.

good place

start my work by knowing every thing happened in the previous shift to continue the action plane and after that make speed briefing to divide the tasks to staff and etc.. - what i learn : working under pressure and make alot of things in the same time - management : good but need more knowledge and creating. - co-worker : they do our best. -the hardest part in the job : the low of staff make u do all things in one time so u must be curious and attention all time . -the most enjoyable part of job : the challenge .

Great Place to work

I would show up to work and go through my of checking emails and going through and processing paperwork. I learned how to use a new program as well as file IFTA taxes and get permits. I loved working with management they were understanding and just overall good people to work for and with.

people are awesome that work there manager is rude to customers and employees

great job just management needs to be replaced the manager of both saginaw and bay city store was very rude and didnt care for any of his employees

Pros

the work

Cons

manager

Fast pace, fun and enjoyable

This was a good job. Fun to see the same customers year after year return. Selling the newest products every year was fun. The pay was good. This is a seasonal job.

Pros

fun

Cons

seasonal

Fun place to work.

The day started around 5 a.m. Hauled loads out as needed, worked in the shop as needed. My management was great to work for. They became very good friends of mine. My co-workers were also great to work with. we helped each other out as much as possible. The hardest part was not knowing when I would have family time.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not knowing when I would be home with my family.

fun company

I liked the company truck.I was able to do a lot for the community at this company. Very laid back president.Family run business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUKES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

DUKES reviews by popular job title

• DUKES