Elsevier

Elsevier Employee Reviews

India61 reviews

balancelifeculturelearnemployeeteamcompanygood

Decent place but without growth

Not much growth opportunities and heavy politics. No scope for knowledge gain and teamwork is unfairly distributed by partial team leaders. If you're ok to just be in a job to pay your bills and not worry about growth, you can choose this company.

Productive and flexible work hours

The company is quiet reliable and provides free transport and work is very flexible.Interview process may take 3-4 weeks depending on the role. The workplace is well equipped for the employees.

Elsevier insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Nice relaxed place to settle down and grow

A nice company to work for and helps you grow without stressing you too much. Pay isnt great but managers, culture, benefits are. The only downside is that the primary company makes a lot of money that does not trickle down relatively to its employees.

Wonderful place to work

Elsevier is one of the best places to work. I hav worked there for 4 years and had to quit due to personal issues if not no one would lik to leave Elsevier

100% satisfied work

Over all very good company. They give more importance to the employees. Nice working culture. You will enjoy ur work once yu start working. Excellent management.

Pros

Flexible shift hours, friendly environment, free food based on the shifts

Stressful

No vertical growth in the company. No transparency. Beating around the Bush. No recognition for real talents. Only close aids of managers get promotion.

Productive yet work life balance

Learning experience was good Workplace culture was good Awesome management HR policy is dull Technical skill of the leaders are sound and great Allows employee to participate in various activities(fun and productive)

Productive and fun place to work

It is a great company to work with. The company has awesome employee benefits. Work life balance is given utmost importance here. I highly recommend Elsevier as a perfect place to work.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

non structured workflow

Best place to work

Extremely employee satisfaction management. Best place for women to work, amazing work life balance. Got an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and interact with well known researchers.. Management can be stressful at times.

Pros

Free Cab

Very nice workplace and a good culture

I always become nostalgic working here due to my past experience of work with fun in Elsevier. Anyone working here would definitely like to join back for a good opportunity

Fun place to work

Elsevier is one of the best org in Chennai Tamil Nadu, India. This place is very close to my heart as I started my career here. It is the place where is learnt more about team work.

Best place to work

Extremely employee satisfaction management. Best place for women to work, amazing work life balance. Salary can be improved but no major concern. Management can be stressful at times but nothing an open communication/feedback can't solve.

Pros

Lots of fun team bonding activities

Cons

Salary

Productive and fun work place

Productive and fun work place. Got an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and interact with well known researchers. Its a very employee friendly company.

Worked on new technology

I have worked in MVC in this project which was new technology then. This gives me an experience to the new technology world and made me to learn more.

Workplace culture

Conservative Organization - Reed Elsevier is a place for work life balance. It would be great if new minds are hired in equal to the experienced folks. .

An angelo dutch multinational Company.

Excellent Organisation to work with in the Publishing domain. Each and every employees have been given equal values. Very strict with their policies. A dream Company to work with.

Pros

Employee Friendly, Excellent working environment.

Cons

Strict with their policies.

Excellent place to work

Keeps pace with the current trends Opportunities for career development work-life balance. Soft skills development training provided Good team work exists

Pros

Opportunity to work on your strengths, Excellent on job training

Cons

Few managers are biased

Elsevier- Transformation

The company is 125 years old and sticks to legacy practise. New ideas are accepted, but feasibility is very low due to low budget. Not employee friendly. Job security is fine.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Good in culture and more space to learn the new products coming in to the business transparently.

The place where we can prove our skills and get recognise often. I worked more than 6 years it means there is lot of job satisfaction and I have patience to work in the organisation. The work culture boost up you to develop you more in order to strengthen your skills.

Pros

Cab facilities free, medical expenses free.

Cons

Planning management needs to be improved.

Great Place to work

Great Exposure and work culture.Work life balance, Friendly atmosphere, Free Cab Facility, Self Development in way of numerous training. In short it is a great place to work.

Pros

Free Cab, Work life balance

Cons

None I can think of

Average work environment

Average organisation to work with. Self motivation, self starting and self review must to surview. Policies are good and mostly depends on the type of manager you get. Career growth is not encouraging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elsevier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Elsevier with