Essar Steel

Essar Steel Employee Reviews

India374 reviews

steelhaziraplantindiamaintenanceengineerculturesap

Good competitive work atmosphere

Essar steels is located in Hazira 27 km from Surat. Standard of living in Surat is quite high compared to other steel plant locations. Work culture in Essar steel is healthy and promotes growth & gives good job exposure for career building.

Productive and good

The envirinment of work is not good,Job is not creative here, just do the routine activity, there is no any challenging job, so you cant get enough experience here.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Canteen facility at plant, Salary, Transportation, behaviour of top management

Essar Steel insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Really it is amazing place and free environment for work as well as all staff are very cooperative and like a family member so you don’t feel that you are working in corporate company.

Good

Nice to work there. Good environment and HR. supportive team work. I recommend to work there and it's a very good organization to work. Feeling proud to work there.

A place where you can learn and grow tremendously at the same time

I enjoyed every bit of my time in Essar. They have an amazing inclusive culture where you are given maximum authority to carry your tasks and are guided as and when required. The working time is a bit extended and the amount of work is also sometimes overwhelming but it’s worth at the end of the day.

Great company to work

Great Work culture and management is supportive with employees, Nice work experience in the company and I was selected from college campus interview and they conducted written test & face to face interview.

Good place to work . 10 MTPA plant with all the technology available in the world to produce steel. Vast amd extensive exposure. Close to river and Sea shore makes it more competitive to the rivals.

Job seeker

Worked at essar steel as maintenance fpo in a pickling palnt - 3 under contract of shubhit enterprise for 7 month and For better opportunity i reassigned this post.

not good

Learned technical things day at work is tough to manage management is not good workplace culture is good friendly staff enjoyed working with colleagues

Production

Work culture was competitive and challenging Lot of exposure of attending higher management meetings additional visits to other subsidiaries learned alot through the period

Good

Good place to work. Nice infrastructure to do work. Competitive work culture. To do good for better future. Project oriented and result oriented boss.

Great experience

Great experience. Gain metallurgical knowledge. Enjoy with machine and field work is a valuable experience. Good automation system, u have to enjoy with this system

6 days working and less salary comparatively.

The salary was very less compared to the work done and all 6 days working was very stressful. However internal training was good and the employees were very friendly.

Best Company

The company which everyone would like to work for. Safety is a priority and you could handle most of major responsibilities which most companies would not even allow you to do.

can have better option

Essar was the best industry in the past but due to some top management problem, it became less work satisfaction and deducted all employees benefits. As per my concern, employees' work satisfaction should be top most priority for any industry successful. But they lost it and finally, the founder of the Essar steel has lost of his all property. And new management changed all policies.

Na

Not required.Not done. Enjoyed the stay. Work life balance is better. Salary is below par as per industry standard. Township is very good. All facilities are available

Best work place in Essar Steel

I have done work in QA/QC HSM department and I confidently to work in this department. And i have achieved to new guidance at any work and process. Then workplace is better for others company for my review

In maintenance department

I work in essar steel pipe mill coating plant, I learn how to find out problems and solved easily and fast. And how to communication with workers and others.

Good safety culture place.

I have got very good support from all levels and in all categories.It was wonderful learning and fabulous service experience on most of the fascets of my life at Essar steel except some BBS issues.

Pros

Good salary, work culture, safety standards, facilities provided.

Cons

BBS issues Sometimes become hurting..

Experience was Not as good as i expected

As some team leaders don't allow the group mates to help someone in learning or solving tasks. No trainings as they shift the employee every 3 months to some new work. Worst team leader not everyone but few specially in IT team. As they apply divide and rule strategies and make the employees in weird situation to work. Too much politics which can lead to mental harassment (Specially in IT).

It's good job but little bit fear for job security

Job is really good and shift wise but no job security anytime they fired without telling us. I was during job as a mechanical maintenance supervisor in trainee period in contact basis contract in essar steel pipe mill division in L-SAW plant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essar Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Essar Steel with