FIS

FIS Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,652 reviews
domaincaborganisationhikebalancetechnologytimingtransport

Work and Recognision

FIS is good organization and ppls love to refer and/or re-join the same; however, there are certain degree of management issues and supervisors/managers are not evaluating properly and relying on what others share their impression. Because of that, there are good amount of work politics involved.But over, company vise, its a good organization.

Pros

Good organization, perks and facilities are also good

Cons

Lot of Politics, ppls need to do buttering if they want to grow

Good co-workers with the ability to move forward

Depending on your role, many of the operational positions can be monotonous as they are dictated by scheduled processes. If one is determined, they will have the ability to move to other departments that may better suit their needs. Management is typical with some having different styles than others, but most are welcoming. Given that it is such a big company, you can at times feel like a number and your effort may go unnoticed. The workplace culture is inclusive dependent upon your enthusiasm. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the lack of training in the sense that you may not be told why you are doing something while the enjoyable part was that they were flexible with your schedule.

Pros

flexibility and innovative

Cons

get lost in the crowd

FIS insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Fis

Overall FIS as a whole was ok, I don't really have many complaints about the company itself. However, the Reliance Trust/Transfers department, was the WORST job experience I have ever had. There was no real training, so you're just thrown into tasks without proper knowledge and expected not to make errors, when everything is manually input, nothing's automated. The systems are incredibly outdated, and the turnover is incredibly high. The supervisor was EXTREMELY rude, condescending, and lacks basic people skills needed to be an effective leader. I would never recommend this department to anyone.

Pros

Free lunches, hybrid, decent pay, awesome coworkers

Cons

Horrible management, no training, outdated systems

Csr ii

Dingy Dark Place. Felt like I never knew if it was day or night. Just answering angry customer calls all day long. .

Stressful

Pros:- Compensation is decent- People are niceCons: - Poor onboarding experience- Poor work-life balance- High stress environmentVery fast paced, ask lots of questions, and expect to work longer hours starting out. Hybrid WFH environment is nice, but requires an always 'on' mentality.

Great experiences so far

I have pretty good experiences with the company and have work experience in different departments so far and get to work with great people from all walks of life. The work can be challenging at times, but there's always something new to learn. Each department on the retirement planning side has it's own unique culture, so my view can't be applied to the company as whole, just my department (Transactions). The department I'm associated with was originally under T Rowe Price, but was outsourced to FIS in 2021. The pay is ok, I would expect the company to pay more since it's a fintech company.

Pros

Work from home, Great culture

Cons

Pay, Large and Corporate

Worse place ever

Started working here in 2018 coming to 5 yearsPeople here sick your energy out completely, when you wanna make it a fun environment management will knock that down. There's jobs who are paying much more. These guys promote mental health to high level but not even implemented. Feel like I've wasted 4 years here of my life. Gonna be leaving here soon, got better opportunities coming my way. I hope that karma hits back at these people.

Good place

pretty neat yeah not too bad, pay could be better but its not too bad, office is nice since the refurb, friendly staff and management, they want you to develop which is good

What is the best part of working at the company?Working from home. But that also has pluses and minuses.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Feeling very alone when you needed assistance from someone. No one was there directly to connect with.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I honestly don't know as I worked from home and didn't experience any of the togetherness.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Pretty much the full day is phone call after phone call. You are constantly dealing with fraud cases and customers who are not happy.

Many different areas of company

You can apply into many different areas, try to get some knowledge before applying. Try to grow and be good there. But ultimately, you have be very good or own that area, or you will not be rated well enough, to get good increases, or let go. Pay increases small.

Fun Workplace

Been with company two months. Enjoy the job, management is easy to get a long with. Good pay and benefits. Great work schedule, 3 fays on, 4 off. You get what you put into it. Recommend

Requires lot of hard work initially.

Good company but many leave since it requires a lot of hard work in the first few months to understand things. However, if you survive the first 3-6 months then it will be easy for you.

Pros

Free Food, Both Side Cabs, Great Infrastructure

Cons

Rotational Shift

Good culture and WLB

Nice place for a hassle free work environmentbest place to learn new technologies using linked learningsfreedom to take decisionsVery poor compensation

Pros

Supportive leaders

Cons

very poor compensation

productive

You will have a free hand in implementing new technologies. But you should justify your choice making it work well in production and other technical aspects,

Pros

Wfh

Ok

The management is poor and helps those who suck upto them, too much politics. Salary is also paid in peanuts. Not recommended to join the Tech support team.

lots of changes to the work environment

management was difficult to deal with. As a new hire the on-boarding training wasn't thorough enough as it needed to be. Benefits were good, but pay raises we're less than ideal.

Pros

good environment to work.

Cons

training was innefecient for new hires.

Pays Well but Unprofessional Colleagues

The company has good benefits and compensation for experienced hires.They tend to cost cut a lot of times.Good HMO benefits cause includes parents whichever is very useful for me

Pros

Quarterly bonus, minimal work at times

Cons

Office gossips, unprofessional colleagues

It is the corporate culture

People were very nice when I worked for them. Always helped each other. Could talk about anything and they would help. very flexible too. Mgmt was good they knew how to handle situations or make customer comfortable feel at ease.

Pros

worked from home

Cons

A lot of hours put in

Place sucks

Horrible place to work management hires losers with no upper management experience they hire people they worked with before and extreme favoritism they can kick rocks and will screw that up

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Location easy commuteWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Too many overtime hoursWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work aloneWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Very quiet and head down

Job descriptions are scam

Benefits are not that good. Management are too entitled. Clients and CSMs are so demanding. Only advantage is the wfh setup. You’re lucky if you were put in in a good department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare FIS with