Foresters Financial

Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.

I would recommend anyone who is thinking about talking to clients in their home and are confident in your own ability to work to targets to think about a career with Foresters Financial.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Complete weekly call planner in advance of working week.

Sales focused Job

You will be cold calling friends and family "natural market" contact lists during your first few weeks as you study to pass the required FINRA certifications

Team was always in good spirits and the environment was very education oriented

Learned about the basics of retirement services that the company offers. The environment was very welcoming and there was a work hard play hard culture that made the company fun.

Overall good place to work

I enjoyed my time here. It was my first job in the business world and I learned a lot. Managers were great. Unfortunately we were let go but I met a lot of good people.

Continuous repetitive routine

Management not physically involved in daily operations, Needs to be more flexible and open to suggestionsEveryday workloads are different and work tasks needs to be adjusted accordingly

Great introductory career

Awesome place for a starter career for students who just graduate. Not much for growth. Micro managed which is somewhat annoying. Apart from that a nice company to jump start your career.

Pros

I love what the company stands for

Cons

Low pay

Good entry-level Job

The job is suitable for entry-level with no previous work experience in the financial industry or insurance. The people are great, but the work itself is boring and repetitive. There's no room for advancement in the company, and the salary is low for the amount of work you have to put in.

Pros

Great team, depending on your department.

Cons

Repetitive and stressful job.

Really friendly environment

For the most part everyone is really friendly. Unfortunately there is a very high staff turnover mostly due to poor wages, lack of progression opportunities and the sometimes rigid and old school way of doing things.

Pros

Environment, location, experience (in some cases), hours

Cons

Wages

Salary shocking for area

Salary is way too low, friendly environment, everyone helps everyone. Although company not very logical in their approach to some things which is quite frustrating. Salary is the main problem hence high staff turnover.

Pros

Friendly environment, 9 day fortnight rota

Cons

Salary, not logical in approach

Made employees pay for everything.

Changed the contract without any consideration.Made employees pay for commission from others losses, Management changed the pay structure which was unfair….craziness

Not been appreciate for the work I do

Things are better now because of WH since the start of the pandemic so the normal working day I will say it's great but learning is limited as knowledge transfer is not encouraged. Management is bias as favouritism is at play at almost every level and this impaired career progression because it is not about your skills but who you know and your closeness to management or manager that plays.

Grrattrtrrtt

This is a great company. You wouldn’t believe the foood they serve in the dining area cafe. The boss is great. People are great. So stressful but pat is amazing. I love it

productive workplace

The company is very big on teamwork and keeping morale up. I enjoyed my time working there. I had a great management team, who were supportive in all aspects.

Helpful, friendly, engaging

When I started working at Foresters (then First Investors) my new colleagues were quick to help on-board me, and continued to be friendly and helpful years afterwards. Too bad our division was sold off and most employees downsized.

Formal

Fast paced environment. Very much business focused. Good place to learn but mostly has to be done out of office hours. Very much CEO lead. Small IT department.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Long commute

Get out what you put in

Generally speaking your first 2 years are gonna be the hardest. You're expected to sell to your immediate friends and family. You will need to make tons of outgoing calls to survive this business but if you put the work in early, you can relax later.

It was good while it lasted.

The arm of Foresters Financial that was formerly First Investors was making efforts to improve in many ways until the businesses were sold off. It had a family feel which was a big positive. The organization was making some headway with employee engagement and compensation.

Fun place to grow and learn

Started off working in the basement and everyone was so nice and friendly. This was my first job in insurance and everyone made it easy to learn and grow. Team meetings were fun and managers were great!

Pros

Cool events and people made work not so boring

Cons

Can be stressful but managers understand

Great Unity....Everyone Helps one Another Become Better at what they Do

its the Tyle of Company that Makes you Feel like A Family Because Everyone Is Always Looking For ways to improve and Help Each Other Achieve there Goals

Not a bad place to work at overall good experience

Good place to work atThe supervisor was very helpful in answering questions I had about solving issues of different scenarios. Most people there were friendly and helpful.The ticket system was easy to understand and get adjusted to. Not complicated to the point where you were doing more work then necessary.

Pros

nice people

Cons

contract job

Bad management

The work environment was very toxic and anti-women. Management believed women should use their looks and appearance to sell life insurance and said to rely heavily on our looks for this job. It seems as if the company is a large scale pyramid scheme, you sell insurance to yourself and those you know then before you’re promoted to an independent contractor you are let go. This allows the branch to keep the commission and to keep their costs low paying minimal commission and making most agents work 50+ hours a week at minimum wage. Overall would not recommend working at the Maitland Branch. I’ve heard good things about other branches but take it with a grain of salt seeing how that information is fed from corporate.

Pros

That I didn’t waste too much time on this company

Cons

No healthcare, minimum wage, unclear expectations, hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foresters Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Foresters Financial with