GE Renewable Energy

GE Renewable Energy Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Flat organization. Keep updating your knowledge and keep rotating yourself in other groups and stay motivated. Enjoy online training and cultural activities.
Not bad place, pay is way below and the insurance is expensive. Have great manager and great lead, let you take off when you need too. Good schedule, easy going pretty much every day
I worked for Alstom and then GE after they bought Alstom for the last 10 years. The GE team is very respectfull and professional. The work charge is very high, maybe too high. The salaries have been frozen for the last years. The site crew is very well paid, but office crew is strungling with very low salaries. If you want to make money, you need to go to site.
Pros
Respectfull, flexible
Cons
salaries, work charge
It was the worst experience I have ever seen. Managers are systematically mobbing the Project Managers.
Pros
Cons
Mobbing
We were a smaller company that was purchased by GE Renewables. Within five years they replaced our entire management senior leader team. As a result, the company often now makes bizarre and very short term decisions because they don’t have anyone up there who came up from within.
Pros
GE brand, investment, people
Cons
Slow financial growth, management
Overall It was a very good experience with lot of learning and exposure to the corporate world.SuggestionsReview of employees may be carried out on regular intervals to keep at par with the qualifications.
Empresa excelente, pena que Ă© contrato temporĂĄrio
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho saudåvel, sem assédio.
Cons
Contrato temporĂĄrio
I love this company I like the work from home capabilities I like the people I like the daily challenges I like how my opinion counts I like how I can run it like I own it
Pros
Cons
Software
Jag har jobbat under GE Frankrike i nÄgra mÄnader som konsult. FransmÀn Àr lite speciella, dÄ kontorspersonal försöker vara lite förmer Àn folk ute pÄ fÀltet. De lÀmnar INGET ansvar till servicepersonalen, utan ALLA frÄgor mÄste besvaras av huvudkontoret. Mycket dÄligt!
Pros
Tekniskt kunnande pÄ hög nivÄ.
Cons
Lite "högfÀrdig" ledning.
My work in hydropower plant, solar plant and I like work with wind plants. I get course in Nagoia / Japan ,clean energy engieering consistis solar, wind generation, hydro power generation.
Pros
Free lunches, ets
I was a wind turbine tech for them and I have never hated a job so much! It was mind numbing and back breaking work. I did the exact same thing every day and was exhausted every day. I never felt like I had a chance to recover. I had hard jobs before, but this was too much.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Poor management, terrible communication from management to employees, back breaking work.
Has potential but laking highly in communication . High pace very physical. Industrial athlets only. Extream hieghts and heavy equipment. Safety requirments are a must .
Pros
Neat work to do
Cons
Very dangerous and high tech
Great work enviroment with a caring and understanding leadership team. This is the kind of company that a good worker can have a long career and retire feeling satisfied and secure.
Pros
Great Benefit Packages.
Cons
Typically start as a contract worker and have to wait for opening to be hired on full-time.
Je ne souhaite pas donner un avis sur cette expérience.
As commissioning eng. I frequently worked late. This company support totally to their worker. Acommodation, transport, consumption and compensation, thats why I feel happy as long work and joined GE.
With 125 years of existence GE certainly has come a very long way and still it is a force to reckon with. Need to be more agile in Hydro. Rest is typical firm.
Once you join at site level then you will realize that you have taken worst decision of your life. And you will end up by resigning from your job. This company is totally profit oriented.
What I do like about my company is you get an opportunity to be a leader.you often sent to a site have someone with then when you got enough knowledge and confidence you ll do things by yourself.
GE provided top-notch training for new or experienced technicians. The site had many technical problems to work out in the field, which is typical of a newly-built site. The managers were new to their roles and struggled to maintain a stable work environment.
GE is family-friendly, they give me time off whenever need be. I have learned so much through working with General Electric. I have made great friends through the company , everyone treats everyone with respect.
A typical day at work will take you through great office space, meetings, coffee with firndly colleagues and interactions across various dpeartments. GE gives you ample opportunity to diversify your career, move across functions and learn in your current role. All in all, the best place to work.