Gap

Gap Employee Reviews

India33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,426 reviews

Gap causal pants is very good in gap and work place are very helpful

There are causal brand and there are lots of denim,causal pant,T-shirt’s, shirts as well as kids also in my store .good working place With friendly

Pros

45mintnes

Cons

10 hours

I enjoy in gap alot

I love to work in GAP because it's a family store and I love to work here all my team are support each other and my work also relex and comfortable.......

Pros

Cons

Comfortable

Productive and fun workplace

Work culture is very good. Management is supportive. Good growth and learning along with enjoyment. Free Fruit breakfast, Lots of Fun activities and Free skill building workshops.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Free Fruit breakfast, Lots of Fun activities and free workshops

Great for freshers but not recommended to stay long

Great for freshers but not recommended to stay long. the type of work at Gap HDC is offshore and more of DevOPS. More often the higher level managment takes wrong decision.

Pros

good pay scale

Cons

no work life balance

Productive and learning experience

Day planning Team Meeting's CF Team meeting Self deliverable's vendor call / meeting's submits review Team lead connect Brand calls and working Day planning checklist workings

Good learning environment

Its pleasure to working at GAP. Got a chance to work on many technologies. learned about competing with others in healthy environment. work life balance is good at GAP.

It was quite satisfying job for me

Really enjoyed working there with really good management and colleagues. Really got to learn lot about retailing systems and customer dealings.It really helped to enhance my customer service experience.

A strict NO if you are going to join on Contract role

A strict NO if you are going to join on Contract role. It's miserable for contract employees.. One can go ahead if it's permanent role, else always better to avoid

workplace culture

Culture is the environment that surrounds us all the time. A workplace culture is the shared values, belief systems, attitudes and the set of assumptions that people in a workplace share. This is shaped by individual upbringing, social and cultural context. In a workplace, however, the leadership and the strategic organizational directions and management influence the workplace culture to a huge extent. A positive workplace cultur

fun place to work

it was a great experience to work with Gap in sourcing team as I was able to learn a lot about about the role being a buyer. also got a chance to communicate with the vendors from the various part of the globe.

a good place to work

i hope i can join fj benjamin team in the future . The place very nice and the staff also can work in a team . The manager also good because she take care the staff

Fun workplace equipped with HOME Agile

Gap always maintains great environment to work at where employees look forward to take the ownership because of good management and the trust they put on the individual. Great co-workers

Official response from Gap

May 28, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy to hear employee story. We will share your feedback with relevant teams who are working to improve the employee experience for all.

great place to learn systems and processes of apparel inductry

Gap is highly professional work place tuned to new systems and processes available in apparel industry . Everything evolves with collective thinking and collaborative spirit.

Productive and Fun workplace

Management at its best by boosting an employee's morale and willpower and rewarding them with various propitious incentives. Flexible in adjusting shift timings for an employee in case of any personal issue or family emergencies. Prompt training and briefing on concoction of new and old stock in the store . Unique opinion and thought always appreciated by the management and thereupon enhancing one's distinctive characteristic.

Pros

Highly Rewarding Incentives

Cons

Long Hours

Fun atmosphere, normal retail pressures

I was a SM for Gap in 2002! I do not feel that it would be fair or accurate to comment further. I am unaware of Gap's store culture today and I do not even shop there now.

Productive place to learn and grab the skills for customer service

Productive place to learn and grab the skills for specially customer service, moreover one can experience great professional atmosphere.

learning and proactive services

A day is always same but days r good some days are bad, learn lots of thing about customer service, management is good and always help the people an all the co-worker r my good friends. the hard part of job is when customer walking r less u r management ask for sales and conversion but never the less i try to achieve the target some time i failed but some time i passed, wen u r manager appropriates u r work and efforts that is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Great Place to be in

Gap invest in the development of their people through classes, training programs, and off-site experiences, all sending the message that the organization is eager to facilitate a steady path to personal growth. Gender, race, and nationality are never limitations; everyone’s ideas matter. Preferred employers are diverse and global in their outlook and environmentally sensitive in their practices. They offer flexibility in work schedules to those who earn it with performance.

Cooperative staff

Employees were too good. They were cooperative and helpful. They always worked for each other. They never questioned or complained

Pros

Feels like home

Cons

Lack of professionalism

Fun at work place

Wonderful work ambience with ever smiling and cheerful colleagues. Information based decision making. Independence in working and minimum interferrence Short duration leadership is a pain point

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Slow career advancement

Excellent work environment with great employee benefits

Starts with reviewing inventory/sales Merchandising and order follow ups Samples review Data Analysis Team meetings

Pros

Trainings for development

Cons

Distance from residence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Gap with