Gateway

Gateway Employee Reviews

Fun and productive

Love the teaching environment.. colleagues are very productive and i always get to learn from the students too .. very good environment .. HOD is fully supportive..MD is very understanding

Pros

Very reliable

Cons

Very well paid, good management good staff all around good team. Good challenges, good helpful staff csnt fault it really enjoying it so far. No issues

Able to be creative. Great team and flexibility.

Was able to manage my own schedule and do what was best for me customers. My team worked hard but also had fun along the way. Nothing was ever that hard that we could not brainstorm and come up with a solution. Upper management was always available to assist us but also let us work on our own running our clients as we saw fit.

Worst not even a last resort place to work

Terrible place to work hated every second of it. Managers work yoy until you tell them no for the same pay then make your life miserable until they either fire you or make you quit. Management is so selfish and only care about getting their bigger cut gateway has been the worst job and people I have ever worked with. For criminals and to get ripped off as people beat the cars there

Great place!

The company was fantastic to work for and always made sure employees were up to date on training. Advancement opportunities were always available to those that rose to the challenge.

Micromanaged and no communication or clear instructions of anything

Fend for yourself. Expect to teach the owners and other employees what you know and be willing to accept their knowledge as well. If you find yourself loving the job one day, don’t be surprised when your ex sabotages the entire experience by becoming your boss.

Terrible management and Zero training

No training for the job - learn as you go and get slapped on the wrist for trying your best.management does not communicate and office staff talks behind backs and undermines work trying to be done.

Management is the absolute worst

Management was the worst besides 2 team leaders. They do nothing but gossip. The shifts were ridiculous. You worked everyday and no days off at all 3-1am. It something they call requirements where you work on your days off

Pros

The kids teach you a lot about their lives

Cons

No days off. Shirt breaks. Management is ridiculous

Productive and pleasant.

Enjoyed my time there under contract. Work was well explained and supervisors were patient and easy to work for. Wish I could have worked there after my contract was over.

Horrible place

Working here made me realize how fake and phoney the church really is. They do not care about the children or what they really need. They only care about their agenda and controlling people.

Good pay

Culture is fake and hierarchical despite claiming to be build on pillars of idealism. Good pay and benefits will lead you to be stuck doing a job that is not fulfilling. Promise advancement opportunities however already have people picked.

Starting at 6 agency was paying me from 7

Stressful place to work .scammed out of hours when starting with agency .end up cutting steel twice as people loose the jobs you marked up clear as day .machine you will be running will be more then 60 years old with loads of complications

Chaotic environment

Worked as a case mgr before pandemic. Over 200 people bussed in daily for psychiatric /addiction issues. You will have a HEAVY caseload and also lead groups. The paperwork is immense and tedious. It’s difficult not to fall behind and many feel need to stay hours after closing to catch up. (No overtime) Rate of pay is or was $15 hr. You will accrue days off but very difficult to take them. When anyone has time off the rest of the staff has to split their duties until they get back. When someone leaves they are not quick to hire so you’ll have extra work for weeks or several months. Overall it’s like being on a chaotic assembly line except that instead of staying in one place you’re going to and from the printer down the hall, back to desk, then on to leading groups. There is no break room for staff so most eat lunch at desk while clients are walking in and out. The building was not cleaned/exterminated properly,(roaches) and clients frequently bring bedbugs into the building on their clothes. Burnout is very common even among people who original love this type of position.

Pros

Free cafeteria food (not too healthy)

Cons

Unclean, rat race, like environment

Poor management

They lied to me from the start! The shop floor guys are great but management doesn't care about the employees. They treat you like a pice of garbage and give quarters for raises.

Pros

Shop floor employees are great

Cons

Way too many to list here!

Would only go back if I had no other option

It’s not the company that fails employees at Gateway. It’s management! No room for growth. When you speak your mind or give your take on things. Management puts there foot in your neck and hold it there to keep you down anyway they can. The pay is okay and insurance was good. They need a change in management and Chicago heads need to come down and see about there employees. They are not okay! Also now staff are being forced to take the COVID vaccine.

Work with no advancement

Gateway is a place of work with no advancement and no pay raise on a regular basics. I had a health scare and I was seeing a doctor to get stable again. My manager didn't like me taking so much time off. I did what they told me, schedule the appointment before coming to work or late in the afternoon. I was layoff during Covid-19.

Pros

No overtime

Cons

time off for doctor appointments

Co-workers are fun but doesn't make up for lack of pay

Low pay...cost of living goes up, so should the pay rate for everyone.No room for advancementNo compensation for added skills or new position roles. The front end is constantly bogged down because there is lack of staff. Company has thought to cross train the employees in the back to work the front. But this still makes flow slow because of staff being removed from back. Cross training helps in a pinch but this place relies on it instead of hiring 2 more people. I didn't go to school for years to be told that I have to clean and answer phones due to people quitting. Unacceptable.

Pros

Nice coworkers. Reliable. Always willing to teach

Cons

low pay. Need more professional coverage

Bad bussiness

Bad management no health care and no raises boss laughs at you for asking for one and does not appreciate hard workers. over works employees and under pay them treated employees bad over all firing them before holidays over manager telling employees home when they have nothing to do. they are not willing to give you days off you request and they put you on schedule anyway and fires you because of a manager telling you to go home after someone already working.

Pros

Cons

Bad boss lack of taking care of employees no raise

nice place

Loved working there but was over worked and wasn’t appreciated poor management didn’t listen to staff who cared about the residents nice place but stressful could not do the caring job you are paid to do because management are not there for the employees they only there to make themselves look good

Pros

Cons

Over worked

The job was great loved the customers

Very competitive and employees talked about you literally with you standing less than 3 feet away playing it off like they weren't and expected you to just accept it..Toxic!!..manager was great never really had problems..I believe She does her best to keep people unfortunately the toxic ones are loyal but very vindictive but keep her store running..definitely not for the weak..but it's over all a Great Store..just be ready for fangs n claws ..

Pros

The customers

Cons

Some employee's

The owner and Melissa is Awesome to work for.

No growth with this company.but how every you will learn how to work manually. Some of the employees are rude but once you work there for a while you will ignore The rudeness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gateway
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?