Gateway

Gateway Management reviews

Clear

nice place

Loved working there but was over worked and wasn’t appreciated poor management didn’t listen to staff who cared about the residents nice place but stressful could not do the caring job you are paid to do because management are not there for the employees they only there to make themselves look good

Pros

Cons

Over worked

Very well paid, good management good staff all around good team. Good challenges, good helpful staff csnt fault it really enjoying it so far. No issues

Able to be creative. Great team and flexibility.

Was able to manage my own schedule and do what was best for me customers. My team worked hard but also had fun along the way. Nothing was ever that hard that we could not brainstorm and come up with a solution. Upper management was always available to assist us but also let us work on our own running our clients as we saw fit.

Worst not even a last resort place to work

Terrible place to work hated every second of it. Managers work yoy until you tell them no for the same pay then make your life miserable until they either fire you or make you quit. Management is so selfish and only care about getting their bigger cut gateway has been the worst job and people I have ever worked with. For criminals and to get ripped off as people beat the cars there

Micromanaged and no communication or clear instructions of anything

Fend for yourself. Expect to teach the owners and other employees what you know and be willing to accept their knowledge as well. If you find yourself loving the job one day, don’t be surprised when your ex sabotages the entire experience by becoming your boss.

Terrible management and Zero training

No training for the job - learn as you go and get slapped on the wrist for trying your best.management does not communicate and office staff talks behind backs and undermines work trying to be done.

Management is the absolute worst

Management was the worst besides 2 team leaders. They do nothing but gossip. The shifts were ridiculous. You worked everyday and no days off at all 3-1am. It something they call requirements where you work on your days off

Pros

The kids teach you a lot about their lives

Cons

No days off. Shirt breaks. Management is ridiculous

Horrible place

Working here made me realize how fake and phoney the church really is. They do not care about the children or what they really need. They only care about their agenda and controlling people.

Poor management

They lied to me from the start! The shop floor guys are great but management doesn't care about the employees. They treat you like a pice of garbage and give quarters for raises.

Pros

Shop floor employees are great

Cons

Way too many to list here!

Would only go back if I had no other option

It’s not the company that fails employees at Gateway. It’s management! No room for growth. When you speak your mind or give your take on things. Management puts there foot in your neck and hold it there to keep you down anyway they can. The pay is okay and insurance was good. They need a change in management and Chicago heads need to come down and see about there employees. They are not okay! Also now staff are being forced to take the COVID vaccine.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gateway?

Bad bussiness

Bad management no health care and no raises boss laughs at you for asking for one and does not appreciate hard workers. over works employees and under pay them treated employees bad over all firing them before holidays over manager telling employees home when they have nothing to do. they are not willing to give you days off you request and they put you on schedule anyway and fires you because of a manager telling you to go home after someone already working.

Pros

Cons

Bad boss lack of taking care of employees no raise

The job was great loved the customers

Very competitive and employees talked about you literally with you standing less than 3 feet away playing it off like they weren't and expected you to just accept it..Toxic!!..manager was great never really had problems..I believe She does her best to keep people unfortunately the toxic ones are loyal but very vindictive but keep her store running..definitely not for the weak..but it's over all a Great Store..just be ready for fangs n claws ..

Pros

The customers

Cons

Some employee's

The owner and Melissa is Awesome to work for.

No growth with this company.but how every you will learn how to work manually. Some of the employees are rude but once you work there for a while you will ignore The rudeness.

Management doesnt care, great team of carers to work with

Working at gateway was an eye opener to say the least. Positive side the girls I worked with were great. Negative side (get comfy), owner constantly checks cams and pulls staff on stupidly minor things, leaving lounge and dining room doors open on a night, stood for more than a few minutes chatting to your coworkers as 2 examples. You just cant relax and get on with your job knowing someone is watching and monitoring you 24/7 and will call you out at any given time, even 1am in the morning! Training is poor to none existent. Been physically assaulted by residents with dementia and nothing is done to protect you. Break times are super strict, if you are late on break you can essentially lose said break! Illegal to say the least! Never mind you have been dealing with a resident which made you late, that's just tough! Oh and the owner feels it is acceptable to talk to staff inappropriately in front of other staff and residents, rather than in a formal and respectful manner. Staff are terrified of him. Overall I'd not recommend working here. They dont care about staff turnover. They would rather let a good member of staff go than to actually treat them well. That said, the seniors and carers I worked with on nights were amazing and deserve so much more than they get. All that for (when I was there) 7p an hour over minimum wage on nights.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Management is useless

Gateway

Management is very poor. Management promotes distain between employees. Management also lacks in people skills. There's no advancement the pay is minium wage and you are very much underappreciated by management and ownership.

Pros

Convenient

Drug free...

Drug Test before & after so able T00 get unemployment like people LIKE me whose don't have problem with DRUGS! People may mess with your food so have a friend and watch locker so call T00 local PD or BBB.

Environnement de travail

Entreprise très conviviale mais peu de perspective d'évolution dans le cadre qui m'intéresse.

The director of Gateway os great to work for

The director is wonderful. This isn't a job for me. It's a God given assignment for my life. My only complaint is some of the manager's have given me nothing but grief sense I started. I'm there for my clients and God put me th

Pros

Love what i do

Cons

Managers have favotites

Unhealthy working environment

No team work, communication or clear direction. Lack of support from managers, employee morale is low and it's a very high turnover. Management can be very condescending, demeaning and unprofessional. They need to work together to accomplish goals and create a more positive working environment. They could start by treating everyone with respect and implement training across the board.

Productive environment

Typical work day included but not limited to ensuring all stock was picked, checked, invoiced and allocated to relevant vehicles for the next day. Overseeing logistics assistant manager, receiving and dispatch assistants. management was easily approachable and open to suggestions. Most enjoyable time was the fellowship with all employees in the business.

Pros

Performance bonuses

Regular warehouse work

The management sucks They dont pay enough They work a lot of temps but will never hire you on permanently..they play favoritisms. They have temps working there now that have been temps for 3 years or more so DONT expect to get hired on..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gateway