Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,966 reviews
sachscultureexposurefirmbalanceinvestmentorganisationcab

Productive and fun workplace.

I often learn something new everyday. My experience as an intern is filled with lot of learnings and fun. Very helpful team mates and inclusive work environment.

Good company

Good wlb, old tools but Pay is good comparatively Managers are kind and understanding Career growth maybe slow Bonus pays well for fintech Remote work turning hybrid

Goldman Sachs insights

• Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Cool

On peut s’y épanouir professionnellementA l’écoute des salariés beaucoup d’avantages

People are great but management takes advantage of its employees

I never worked with someone in my time at GS that wasnt great at what they do. Unfortunately management is deadset on making its employees lives miserable by tracking minutes at desks, minimal raises in even great years, minimal room to be promoted, and assigning more work to cover people leaving without paying better

Good workplace to learn and collaborate

My experience has been pretty good, flexible working hours and good attention to inputs. Although I will say your experience will largely depend on the team culture and business particulars.

5 stars!

I really enjoy working for goldman sachs the culture is fantastic,high paced and challenging.The senior management knows their stuff and are always on hand to help and share knowledge

Decent Workplace Rigourus environment

Decent place to work, On boarding for my particular team was fumbled spectacularly, but otherwise a decent experience. Expectation of about 50 hours a week.

toxic environment

talented people, but not good environment. mostly because it is such a hyped place to be at. but eventually nobody cares about anything besides money.

Pros

experience

Cons

experience

Competitive, lot of learning but can be hectic

It's a leading brand with lot of talented peers and world class practices to learn from. The work culture is very competitive and there may be long hours of work at times.

Team-oriented, organized, opportunities for growth

The full-time analyst program includes very structured and thorough training. Goldman has a strong, team-oriented culture. Strong performers have the opportunity to advance in title and pay. I enjoyed my time there.There was occasional drama among workers when I was there but not more than there are at other companies.

Worst company to work for

Worst company.Run from it.No career progression.Politics and favoritism.Long working hours and no good pay.Too many process.Can't think of any positive.

Good place to learn for 1-2 years.

Micro management in some teams, need improvement. The pay is below par, but it’s a golden ticket to open doors to other organizations. Don’t trust the big pie they are drawing, 90% time it’s not true

Fun workplace

Had a great time there though 16 hour shift were a bit too much. Made a few millions so can't complain. Maybe I'll come back to make another few when I go back from costa rica.

Excellent People Below Average Tech

Excellent people and excellent management. You will have a clear understanding of your growth and projects. Fairly good compensation. Not much to learn compared to other product-based firms.

Over all decent.

Over all decent place to work, but nothing too exciting. Slow growth, leadership plays favorites. Hard on boarding process with not much structured training.

Smart and driven

Goldman Sachs has the reputation it does for good reason. People there are, by and large, smart and driven, and very good to work with and for. (Though there are plenty of exceptions). Goldman will take whatever you offer it. In my experience you can always say "no", though it may end up in your being compared unfavorably with those who said "yes" and ended up producing more. Most of the bad comes from being a large company with a resistance to importing existing solutions (particularly tech solutions).

Great leadership

I worked as a Savings Specialist for about a year. My work was done remotely due to Covid which was a relief but it seems that leadership is making everyone go into the office now, it makes no sense since I was able to do my job just fine from home. At least for me, my time at Goldman's was very positive.

Pros

Management was very supportive.

Cons

They keep track of your every move while working remotely.

Productive and well paid

The building itself was beautiful and amazing. Coworkers and management were extremely nice and helpful. the job was not hard at all and we were compensated very well for it.

Good learning and personality development

No work life balance..Very stressful at times, but overall a good learning experience.Interesting opportunities like project work, cross training, Internal mobility.

Good place to start the career with trade off

- Great name to put on the resume- There are opportunities for advancement- Plenty of smart people to interact with- Very poor work-life balance- Considering the amount of the work, the pay is in fact just ok- A lot of politics

Great

Great company to work good and there is some pressure also i would recommend fr entry level we can learn lot of things so it's fine for feeling pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Goldman Sachs with