Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst24 reviews
India24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,966 reviews
sachscultureexposurefirmbalanceinvestmentorganisationcab

Amazing work place with good food and amazing people

Work is fast-paced and always in teams. Open door policy The most enjoyable part of the day is after markets shut The hardest part of the job is to finish checklists

Pros

Discounted lunch

Good Experience

It’s a great company for all those people who are dreaming to start off their career with the finance company. They support the employees in the best way possible and try to keep them happy however the only problem is it’s extremely stressful at work.

Goldman Sachs insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great company to start your career

A flat organisation with a great work culture and benefits. Your are given various opportunities to prove your worth.The only drawback is work life balance. But that also depends on the team you join.

Very Professional Environment

Goldman Sachs is one of the best place to work with such diversified culture, professional environment and competitive environment. There is a lot to learn from this place and they really pay well for the hard work as well.

Good company

Good for those wanting to get into investment banking. However, wrong talent in the wrong division creates a problem. Great people, good teamwork, overall good.

Good

I would change the attitude of "winning" for individual purpose and induce more collaborative team environment. I would change the pretentious culture of "I know everything" and encourage people to ask more questions no matter if they are silly questions because I recognized many people did not know even the basics and never had the courage to ask because they were embarrassed and they did not realize that if they asked the chances were that the other people would not even know the answer Yet everyone pretended they knew everything.

Smart work is always encouraged

Always need to think over and above for the client. Flexible work timings to accommodate work life balance. No overtime as the teams are required to only work for 10hours.

Intense work environment but people are great. You get to learn a lot, and there is tremendous room for growth. It is a true meritocracy and hard work is rewarded.

A good company for starters where the company enables a lot of learning

Equipped as a Performance driven EQUITY OPERATIONS ANALYST with experience ineffectively monitoring risk, managing outstanding trades and accurately reporting trade transactions. Outstanding problem solving abilities and maintaining strong and fruitful working relationships with clients to gain their trust and respect. Consistently exceeding challenging organizational expectations.

acquired immense knowledge in the field of Operations

Love the work culture and how i was able to maintain a work life balance while learning extensively at the same time. Highly competitive environment..

Best Work Culture and Life Time Experience

Goldman Sachs is one of the best place to work attain experience. They provide amazing amenities and facilities which would be desired by any employee. Monetary and other benefits are provided at its peak. Would recommend everybody to try for the best IB in industry

Pros

Everything except Cons

Cons

Long Hours

What is work life balance?

If you are a person looking come home by 7 pm, have a nice dinner with your family and catch 9pm prime time television, Goldman Sachs is not the place for you. However, if work-life balance is not your top priority, there can be no better place to work than GS. GS is absolutely the best place you can ever hope to work for in the industry. When you are surrounded by a bunch of brilliant, motivated and incredibly hardworking bunch of people, you have no choice but to raise your game. GS challenges to be better every single day. The work is hectic, unforgiving and a lot of fun too. You want to change something? Done, as soon as possible. Does it involve a tech budget? No problem. A year at GS is equal to 2 anywhere else. There is no onshore offshore culture and every GS employee has the same voice regardless of where you work from. The management is focussed and know what they want. You have ample opportunities for career development and GS has an incredible 360 degree review system which ensures no single person can make or break your career. Its quite the experience in itself and need I say, the yearly bonus is quite infamous.

Pros

Salary and Bonus, Work Culture, Career Growth

Cons

Working Hours

Dynamic work enviroment

A typical day would include daily allocations, control reports and data analyses and vendor management. The company had excellent work culture and and very good open door policy, the managers were always ready to help when help was needs. The hardest paid of the job was to maintain accuracy and reduce clerical errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the quick catch-ups with managers or any other senior team members.

Pros

Excellent Compensation

Cons

Long Hours

Loved Working Here - High Pressure Environment with Great Talent

Goldman Sachs is exactly what it is known for - a high pressure environment for exceptional talent to bloom in. Compensation is great for business generating roles. If you want to work for a Bank in a trading, sales or IB role, work here.

Amazing culture and a great experience

My experience over the 3.5 years that I was there has been amazing, great company with an amazing culture, open-door policy that enables creative and out-of-the box thinking. No day is the same, with different things to do, different people to meet. I learnt how to manage my time, work under stressful situations at times and be a great communicator. I loved being a part of the company and being able to learn and grow.

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to start your career Your growth is directly proportional to your deliverable's. Highly pressurized environment but equally rewarding for those who deserve.

Cons

Good company to start your career

Goldman Sachs is a great place to start your career. It's an aggressive culture and gives lot of learning opportunities. One's career progression is completely dependent on an individual. For someone who is very ambitious and wants to grow in their career, Goldman is an ideal place. Although sometimes it can be very fast paced and might feel little overwhelming. The work life balance is very subjective and varies from team to team really. The culture is great and gives a lot of opportunities to learn.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

long hours, very stressful, Bad management

Diversity and Networking

Diversity and Networking Various opportunities to learn Communication Work life Balance encouraging managers lot of training sessions meeting presentations and catch ups

Fast paced and collaborative

It's a place for go-getters who are passionate about their jobs. Fun place. Can be rewarding on a professional level. Perfect blend of international exposure and career progression.

Pros

People

Cons

GS is best in work culture, only issue being working hours normalization

If you're looking to stick to your job in Goldman Sachs for more than 3 years, be assured of a decent salary by the end of it. Work culture is something anyone can get adjusted to. Only issue is with long working hours, which only increases with every working year. Also your long term goals define whether you will love the job there.

Great learning experiece

I had a fantastic tenure while working at Goldman. I worked in the Operations division for a risk management team. Though I worked only for a year, I learned a lot. The firm has a splendid work culture, where the management and peers are extremely approachable. The work is extremely intense and hectic though. After my initial training period, I had to work for an average of 60 hours a week. Had daily deadlines as well as monthly deadlines. The hardest part of my job was staying late due to external factors such as technology issues and other follow up issues. Had to be extremely patient at these times. This was a very hectic and taxing process. The best part of my job was interacting with several people across regions and divisions such as technology, finance and compliance. This helped me improve my confidence to a great extent. Also the fact that the managers and other team leaders were extremely approachable, helped me learn much more and tackle problems more efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Goldman Sachs with