Goldman Sachs

Vice President24 reviews
India24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,966 reviews
sachscultureexposurefirmbalanceinvestmentorganisationcab

Great place, good comp, great management

GS is a growth oriented firm and have a wide spectrum of business. Latest tech stack, great management and good compensation form the key components.Lot of opportunities for Internal mobility

Pros

Employee Centric, Great Comp, Very smart people to work and learn with.

Cons

Worst company to work for

Worst company.Run from it.No career progression.Politics and favoritism.Long working hours and no good pay.Too many process.Can't think of any positive.

Goldman Sachs insights

• Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Zero Work Life Balance

Within few days of joining GS I understood I made a big mistake joining this firm. People are arrogant here and there is too much of politics and favourism. The only positive here is Salary and Bonus, if you are ready to slog 14hrs/day then GS is the place for you.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and fast-paced work culture

My experience with the firm has been good so far. Workplace culture is very open. People are easily approachable. Working hours can be longer depending or team and project.

competitive, fast paced

Fast-paced, competitive environment with great work culture. Opportunity to work with a diverse group of talented individuals as a flat organization. Never a dull day with constant learning and growth

It’s a political nightmare

Do not join if you’re a lateral hire. Your prior experience will be zeroed out as if it did not exist. It is a political backstabbing culture. If you are keen on learning more join other investment banks

Pros

Good pay

Cons

See above

Amazing Place to work for

Joined Goldman as an analyst. personally i loved the working culture. The management always encourages you to take most challenging tasks and are very approchable.

Excellent work place

Excellent work place. A great company to work for. I rate it very high in all aspects of a company. Its one of the top employee friendly organizations.

Competitive Env and ample opportunity

Best of people and competitive culture. Great learning experience from industry stalwart and a place where your own the challenges to make them as opportunity for your own good.

Excellent culture.

Work is challenging and it's a very dynamic and competitive environment but if you are good at your job, you will succeed and get rewarded. I loved working there. It is one of the best employers.

Work Life Balance

Work life Balance at Goldman gets impacted specially if you have kids. Job flexibility and benefits trumps most organisations however long working hours.

A great place to build a strong career

Goldman Sachs provides individuals with the platform to steer their career in their desired direction. The company has a unique culture with excellent compensation and benefits. Employees are always on their toes and there are plenty of opportunities to upskill.

Pros

Great compensation and benefits

Cons

Work life balance will be a major challenge

Challenging

Hard place to survive but good for few years experience. Technical learning is almost absent but project management is a plus. Overall need to be very aggressive and political to merge into the culture.

Pros

Can aim for good pay

Cons

Long hours to do bad work.

Best One

Have been associated and grown to a level of personal satisfaction. It is the place to build a career. Best in culture and overall environment and opportunity available to all.

Highly intense and great workplace

Highly intense and great workplace challenging skill set driven Flat organization focused on client service Focuses on business intelligence STP driven

Very good place to learn new skills

Goldman is a great place to work for as it give you plenty of opportunity to change things and improve process and learn new skills. Its a flat organisation which allows you the opportunity to interact with senior management The organisation empowers employees to make changes

Pros

Great opportunity to learns new processes

Excellent Corporate Culture

Very Good place to work with excellent corporate culture and management style. With 360 feedbacks and performance reviews Lot of growth opportunities at the firm

Fun work culture

Excellent company to work for. Pay scales best in class. Technology and application are excellent. Employees feel empowered to take decisions.

Pros

Meritrocracy

Cons

No job security

Goldman Gives us prefect work atmosphere and also provides us opportunity to showcase our skills

Work Culture Learning Opportunities Training Networking Management Goldman Sachs have given me a lot of learning opportunities with a lot of support from the management

Productive and good management,equal opportunity organization. good learning scope,and mentors are of high quality.

Everyday is a new beginning

Goldman Sachs always recruits open minded about who can encourage and carry forward Goldman’s inclusive culture. This makes every day at work a new challenge which ensure you are always ready to deliver your creative best each day managing complex demands from both external & internal clients. My day starts during the drive to work on my BlackBerry. Looking through emails from the day before to see if global counterparts had reached out for. At work each minute is precious once all regions are online. Queries & its complexities evolve every day so there is nothing that is taken for granted. Investigation and interpreting information becomes a major part of what my team does. Managing optimum utilization of resources, multitasking, involvement strategic projects and ensuring its progress, bench marking performance and most importantly Management Reporting are every day tasks. My team is a diverse pool of people from different backgrounds who add value to the overall accomplishments of the division. Bright, energetic & creative bunch. My Management team fits this description of those who make a bit more effort keeping the best interests of clients in mind, nicer to deal with, tolerant towards those they don't readily identify with and always committed to doing the right thing. Long work weeks and unforgiving hours at times may be seen as a negative but my learning has been that this environment makes you gauge my best qualities and also the same within the people I manage based on the responsibilities each one has. That said, working remotely is an key option -

Pros

Open door policy

Cons

Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Goldman Sachs with

Goldman Sachs Reviews by Location

• Goldman Sachs
  • Vice President
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?