Goldman Sachs
View all Goldman Sachs reviews

Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Review

Good employer for rapid growth

If you seek growth opportunities, Goldman can provide. Not a bad place to get some experience, and the brand name is good enough to get in the door of big tech/HFT. Offers lower compensation as compared to tech industry. Not mindful of timezone differences. Very poor developer experience. Office politics is unavoidable. Engineering is second class citizen compared to rest of firm. No real benefits/perks. Lack of PMs - half the job of engineers is to understand finance concepts from uncooperative finance users.

Pros

Projects can have good visibility, autonomy

Cons

Long hours, legacy tech stack, disparity in compensation, strict RTO, ban on trading stocks

productive and fun workplace

It was a productive and fun workplace. Great colleagues Challenging work, lots of inter-team communication , not only in Technology but with other teams as well.
Same role

Good

It was nice working at goldman sachs. I had a good learning curve and i liked the work I was given. I worked on agile technology . The best part was I was included in design discussions which was helpful as a software developer.
Same role

Competitive work environment and great people

Competitive work environment and great people with a great character and culture of getting things done at any cost. It is a pleasure to work with such brilliant and helpful people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Goldman Sachs with

• Goldman Sachs
  • Good employer for rapid growth