Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,429 reviews
A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.
Great work atmosphere. Team oriented environment with great work life balance. Plus had the opportunity to work overtime and get quarterly bonuses. Did not have the opportunity for advancement due to plant closure. Personally could not relocate with the company at this time.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Plant was in need of repairs
We all need a raise we didn’t get a raise last year or year before, in general I feel like I do all the extra mile work I make sure everything is done the right way
management is a joke no advancement your a robot to them no working balance I was their 3 1/2 years no raise got laughed I'm been in this business over 30 years
benefits
Cons
bad management no life
If you don't mind long hours, hard labor and team oriented work place its great for you. Keep in mind its a production setting, fast work pace with high standards of quality control with dangerous machinery. Safety mind set is a must!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Stress conducive
Good pay, benefits and depending on location management. But if you've been in an automotive job before its not to different than any other, with all the good and bad that entails.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, 1hr lunch
I have been with the company for over 4 years and have been for the most part very satisfied with my time here. I recognize this is mostly due to the excellent people who surrounded and taught me. The hours can be annoying, as I have for work life balance, but I am well paid for it.
Pros
Forward movement, good pay, clear directions
Cons
Work life balance
Takes forever to get labor hours for GMT promotion. Will use you for your skills versus promote you. Need to buy your own tools on menial pay. Never got a raise or my annual review. Only positive is they have been flexible and understanding during covid.
Pros
Co-workers, decent benefits
Cons
Missed breaks, management scheduling appointments
In the store I worked in when I started was pretty good. Everyone helped each other. After my second week everything went down hill. Shop management acts all high and mighty. Only guy who was the same after my first month was a guy I'll call T for privacy. If I needed help T was there. Advancement was limited. Pay was pitiful and no matter your knowledge of the car world. You start at entry level. Even when you apply for better levels.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Non managment employees are just like you.
Cons
Managment team members are high and mighty. Time window to request off is very slim
The work is very very repetitive but the pay is great. The management is fair but they really only care about numbers and production. Most of the equipment is very out date and broken and maintenance doesn't really fix it they just rig it up so it works for a few more days then it breaks down again.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Repetitive, Shift work
This place would be one of the worst choices you make in your career. Horrible management and poor benefits and pay. Some of the co workers I work with are pretty decent. But for the most part are completely incompetent and extremely lazy. There will always be a huge mess every time you walk through the doors. No one cleans up after themselves and deliberately leaves messes for the opener to clean up. Then there's the management that do absolutely nothing to stop the issue. there is no disciplinary action involved so the disrespect is very high. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor management. Unorganized. laziness.
Management lacks authority and unprofessional with letting workers know that overtime has to be done within the same day 12hr. If you have a family and kids they don’t care. They will replace you. Rude managers from walnut location.
Cons
Short breaks
This job is terrible management is horrible workplace is slow coworkers are lazy no raises or growth opportunities I would not recommend to a friend they treat employees like trash
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Horrible management, slow shop, lazy coworkers
Horrible company Center manager is fake, no care for employees, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, no future, and lie about pay and bonuses. No work home balance
Pros
Cons
Over worked, over stressed, micromanaged
So far so good here but it could be better management doesn’t do a very good job of managing the employees and so there’s a lot of confusion. Also if you have medical problems they won’t care about it.
Coming from a job with mandatory overtime (64 hours per week minimum) with horrible hourly pay and rotating shifts to unlimited voluntary overtime (36 hours per minimum) with double the last jobs hourly pay and rotating shifts I am ecstatic. Only required to work 14 days a month which is great if you want to spend time with family or you can work all the overtime you want if needed. This is a physically taxing job but you get used to it. This is a great opportunity and great potential career. People that say otherwise don't know any better and take it for granted or are lazy. I've worked much harder for much less pay and appreciation. I'll cherish being blessed this opportunity to support and spend lots of time with my family and I won't lose any sleep because others don't. Unless you are just thrown in to a golden situation like a trust fund or other unlikely scenarios, you won't get a much better deal without a degree. The military won't provide you with this balance of financial security and time off with family. Been there.
Pros
Great pay and plenty of time off.
Cons
Can be physically taxing.
Wasn't a bad place to work. Got along with my coworkers. 12 hour rotating shifts can be brutal. Pay was awesome. The job is physically demanding at times but your body will get use to it
Pros
7 days off
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts
It is just fun talking to the interviewer. The questions is personal and related to work that i already know with my previous work.You will be motivated to work hard as they offer good benefits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
The good: great bay with great benefits. A steady and reliable work week.The bad: They can shut you down and move overseas faster than you can blink.
Pay and benefits were great because of the Union. Management was absolutely horrible. They sabotaged our plant by gutting quality and maintenance to make a long story short.
Pros
Pay and benefits only because of the Union
Cons
Poor, useless, no good, dirty, rotten, low down management from top to bottom
Goodyear is a good company to work for. If you don't mind getting a little dirty, it's a good living. The job truly changed my life. Had it not closed, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Strenuous, dirty
  1. Employee Reviews