Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Machine Operator

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,472 reviews

Plant Optimization has depreciated the work environment

Reviewing machine production schedules by unqualified operators a decision to manipulate manpower to other jobs has backfired. Less pride in being successful because you will be moved to machine thats low in output. Depletes a rhythm to complete a 12 hr shift, knowing you will be told to subsidize your labour to cover a lazy employee.Every new TM trains to build tires, a bid system to move to a more exciting job becomes useless when you are told to function in your previous position. Often Managers are placed in a position to fail ...only a change from Plant Manage down, will prevent epic failure as employees hate the current positions.

Pros

Only Wage

Cons

No Flexibility to achieve personal goals, unManagable managers

Productive workplace and the staff are wonderful

Goodyear is a great job. The benefits are excellent and the people are very friendly. Management could do a little bit better than what they are doing, but for the most part, I would recommend Goodyear to anyone.

Pros

The benefits, the pay, and the people

Cons

Management, the rules on how to get another job, and the shifts that are available

Busy, and intense!

Very good place to gain warehouse and manufacturing experience. I learned to operate machine of various types integrated with computer configurations the operator has to configure. Operations of machines of 3-16 at a time.

Had a weight room, tennis court, and a park

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting. I learned a lot about what a tire is made out of and how many different processes you have for one tire.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

12 hours at night

Good compensation and benefits.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We were focused on doing a good job to keep our jobs and be able to support our families. My supervisor was supportive. He shared his knowledge. I became a skilled laborer while working at Goodyear..

Pros

Good working relationships.

Cons

The work environment may have been unsafe.

machine operator working 6 machines at one time.

Good company to work for. Good hours and great health insurance. Great people to work with everyone helped each other.

Pros

great job over all

Cons

they sold out

Productive and soothing work place

Great work environment. The employees always seem to have excellent attitudes and upbeat vibes. I look forward to going to work each and every work day. I love my job.

Productive and fast pace workin environment

A great place to work, I learned how to multitask and stay on schedule, co-workers are nice, hardest part of the job is standing for 12 hrs. a day, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are there to do a job and carry their own weight.

Learned something everyday.

Worked long hours but made a good wage. Took a lot of pride in my job. Would still be there but the plant closed.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Cons

Great environment until something went wrong.

Started work on either 8 or 12 hr shift and went about my day, all that mattered was safety, quality and production. I learned how to manage my time effectively. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when production happened to get low and management would decide to throw the other important factors (Safety, Quality) out the window. The most enjotable part was working in my own space at my own pace, and being able to help and recieve help from co-workers when needed. I also enjoyed attempting to help devise safter ways to do certain aspects or the job. I don't feel that all management on the floor was bad, but feel they were pressured ito poor decisions from higher ups.

Pros

Great Co-workers, Great pay, Great benefits

Cons

Poor management, Management spent too much time placing the blame, rather than addressing the problem

Was a good place to be employed.

Goodyear was a very good place to work. The pay was great, work loads were consistent .Everyone had a job that they knew and could perform without much supervison. Which allowed for a more effiecient and quality work atmosphere. Bad days usually occured when inferior material was brought from outside companies.

Pros

free bottled around plant

Cons

tempartures fluxuated.

Fast Paced

A typical day at work , you can expect it to be very busy. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the heat, it can sometimes reach tempertures of 100+ depending on the department you work in.Co-workers can be very helpful, if your having problems with a machine, or the product. They will try to help you solve a problem that you may be having.

Tuff job but paid good

This job was hard but you made good money and there was always room too grow.

Pros

lots of job security

Cons

carbon black dust was very harmful to my health

excellent pay and benifits

operate machines,maintenance,im a people person so i work well with others.management was good people who work way up with in co.hardest part all the overtime i had to work.the money was great,and challenging work was enjoyable.

Pros

the money & benifits

Cons

to much heat, and at times to much overtime.