Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,478 reviews

Fast paced with plenty of learning opportunities.

I loved this job and gave it my everything with intentions of moving up to corporate. Bad management, more specifically a horrible store manager, saw to it that those dreams were crushed. Job happiness is really dependent on which store you work at and who is your manager. Tech roles can be lucrative, entry positions can be treated poorly but if you can learn quick that will go a long way. Sales are under payed(well, a lot of roles there are) considering they are the face of the store. Upper management should be more personal and understand how shops actually operate on a day to day basis. That would go a long way with the numbers expectations. If you are a certified tech I would consider this place, and if you are car savvy as well as people friendly, I would recommend it. I miss it everyday.

Pros

Knowledge, Overtime to be had, can be good money.

Cons

Benefits are pricey, really bad store managers, entry level sales and tech underpaid for what they do.

a very high paced work environment

Goodyear has an extremely high focus on safety. A lot of other companies should take a page out from their playbook. Safety is priority. Good employee pricing on tires.

Pros

Decent pay, vacations, 401

Cons

Short lunch breaks. No time and a half on sundays

Good Opportunity

Lots of opportunity for advancement. Job specific training provided. Benefits and 401k matching provided. Willing to train the right person. Hard work is rewarded.

Nothing to really say

My position as Service Manager was constantly changing by the constant movement of the Shop Technicians. With so many shops in the Colonie Area the Techs were constantly jumping from place to place. Kinda like herding cats. But we always managed to get the job done.

Pros

Busy Profitable Enviroment

Cons

Too much employee movement

not a great company

Not a lot of good to say about working here. The regional manager is a rather shady sort of guy and that really reflects when you talk with other managers in the region. A lot of the moves he made really didnt make sense. One good thing I can say is, I met a lot of really good employees working here. The customers I was able to take care of really became friends almost. That part of working here I did enjoy.

Rewarding for those willing to put forth the time.

Being a retail location open seven days a week the work life balance isn’t really there. The opportunity for overtime an bonus is there if your willing to put in the time.

Pros

Decent salary

Big Company Great Benefits, Retail Environment

Goodyear is a solid Worldwide company. They have excellent benefits but they are medium to low in compensation. The have high sales revenue goals and excellent products and pricing, but they have difficulty maintaining qualified capable help. I had 4 store managers in 3 years. Poor work/life balance few paid holidays, attracts lower quality applicants who have no qualifications or experience and it is difficult to meet sales targets when there is difficulty fielding a crew to complete the services that you sell. They are stealing people from he deep fryer, and having them watch videos before sending them out to perform service on complicated vehicles.

Pros

Big Company, good benefits

Cons

Poor work/life balance, Heavy with regulations, low compensation.

Stable but work you to the bone

Had a good overall experience at goodyear within my stores. Upper managment (corperate) seemed clueless about day to day operations within the retail stores. Often were forced to implement new rules and procedures that hurt production of sales, which made it difficult for employess to meet quotas. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Often did work outside of my job description as we were always short on staff. They expected you to pick up the slack of missing positions without extra pay. Had to force them to promote or lose an employee after doing work that required a pay increase for 6 months.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Corporate

open close 6 days for years have done it all ..head mech/ sales// manager. problem solver... did what ever needed done ran 11 people.. ran tight shop.. etc...

Pros

good people

Cons

long houfs

Keep on rolling

Good year is woor brouht me into The auto world Glen gigg was like a uncle to me Taught me a look on looking in to Live - not just working to work ..

Jobs at Goodyear

Service Manager positions
See more jobs

Typical automotive environment

As long as you understand there are long hours required, and little time to see your family, this is a great place to work. They are open on the weekends including Sundays, as well as most holiday's but there is no holiday pay involved.

district manager all talk no action

my crews at the stores I worked at were outstanding. even though we had excellent customer csi scores they make decisions based on money not service.closing stores in areas that needed to be there. opening stores in completely saturated markets which failed miserably.

Pros

Excellent personell

Cons

poor management

find somewhere else

con -money that should be the only thing well it was for me and ive been here 3 years and im leaving now because theirs just no money here they want you to advertise for them

Management lacks a backbone. Either people get away with anything or they push you until you quit or do something to get fired. I would not recommend this place.

Loved this place

Worked at this store for years. Made great money and friends. The only reason I left was because I relocated. Miss the people that I worked with. And the customers were great in this store.

Pros

The people, the money

worst company

told I was sent home pending review over a tire sale that was made price matching , I'm always been targeted for some odd reason , always being over looked for job advancement , I'm a hard worker I stay late to get the job done , do what ever it takes to make the sae and no I'm being penalized for it

no promise and no delivery

Applied to Goodyear with the thought that I will start at the bottom and work my way up. I worked through some rough business times and management changes. I worked at many locations in the district and enjoyed being an asset to the company. My end result to leave the company was being overwhelmed with not being able to provide a service for my customers by not having the proper staff. I didn't see myself excel at that current position.

Pros

get along with all my coworkers

Cons

lack communication from upper management

A challenge at times.

Enjoy working with fellow employees. A challenge at times to get parts delivered on a timely fashion. Changing hours hard to get used to. Customers are always an adventure.

seeking knowledge in auto repair? this is the place to be

a very fast paced working environment dealing with problem cars, frustrated clients and finding swift accurate solutions to attribute profitable dollars to our bottom line.In this industry you have to understand that you do not only service cars, but you service people.The culture of the industry as well as my own personal work ethics have proven that genuine compassion is key to succeed in this industry. The hardest part of the job was the endless hours of non document overtime because your were paid salary plus commission, however the best part of the job was having control of your wages by keeping 100% customer retention in turn self perpetuating future business.I started in the auto repair industry and did not realize how much I missed it until I left it. Great company and great people

Pros

great work environment

Cons

alot of overtime(to be expected as a salaried employee

Nice management, cared about employees.

nice place to work. Good career choice. I would recommend it to a younger man with a family. Good money for support. But it is hard on the body. Very impressive training.

Pros

Good incentives.

Cons

Hard work

Terrible Company

Don't care about employee. Very stressful company to work for. Only care about the dollar. Very bad turnaround rate. Management makes environment very stressful and terrible company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140