Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,480 reviews

Fast paced with plenty of learning opportunities.

I loved this job and gave it my everything with intentions of moving up to corporate. Bad management, more specifically a horrible store manager, saw to it that those dreams were crushed. Job happiness is really dependent on which store you work at and who is your manager. Tech roles can be lucrative, entry positions can be treated poorly but if you can learn quick that will go a long way. Sales are under payed(well, a lot of roles there are) considering they are the face of the store. Upper management should be more personal and understand how shops actually operate on a day to day basis. That would go a long way with the numbers expectations. If you are a certified tech I would consider this place, and if you are car savvy as well as people friendly, I would recommend it. I miss it everyday.

Pros

Knowledge, Overtime to be had, can be good money.

Cons

Benefits are pricey, really bad store managers, entry level sales and tech underpaid for what they do.

Working at Good Year Tire and Service has been a great opportunity.

My position would be a good opportunity for anyone looking for good benefits and good interaction with customers. You must have lots of patience and strive for excellence. You must have good communication skills and be flexible with your time. You must understand automotive language, and be able to communicate with other companies by phone and in person. Overall they get an excellent review from me.

Fast Paced

Goodyear was a decent company to work for. Flexible work schedule great team environment and fun. Promotes from within as a priority and genuinely nice place to work.

Terrible place to Work

Manager is a tyrant who micromanages and gets into arguments with customers. Lots of issues with cars not getting oil put in them and with angry customers coming in to complain.

very much enjoyed my time with goodyear

goodyear is a company that seems to value its employees, and rewards strong performance. The company structure makes sense, and I saw very little duplicated efforts.

Great store unnecessary hours good benefits

The company has a lot of long term benefits the hours don't match the business flow. Holiday hours are really unnecessary. The good far outweighs the bad however and the pay is great

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

great intentions

when I first came on board to Goodyear, the plan was to learn and grow with the company. I wanted to someday be a store manager. Over the five years, i have been transferred five times. I have been a dedicated employee. However, with veteran store managers leaving the company, the district is in a world of hurt and no one to take charge. I feel that my career with Goodyear is coming to a close. I came into with high hopes. Now, I am seeking other alternative career options.

Pros

discounts on tires and service

Cons

leadership

automotive

most of the customers are ok, and if you have a great team then your not going to have any issue. you get alot of room to grow. i started as a lube oil change GS and made it to service Manager

stressful enviroment with good benefits and decent pay

overall they pay well however you always feel like your job is on the line. They expect top notch performance and will do everything to ensure it happens. They expect their managers to work open to close everyday and not take days off or take any type of vacations or paid time off. The benefits are good. Standard 401k and insurance costs. They offer all the same things any big box company would. Overall higher managers are a joke. You never see them and don't expect any type of conversation except how to make their jobs easier and how to make sure you are improving performance. They don't like to invest into their own stores and therefore you are stuck working with sub par equipment and trying to command top notch prices.

Pros

insurance and 401k and retirement plans

Cons

hours, stressful enviroment, lack of communication

under valued employees

open to close almost everyday six days a week lost trust in store manager just out for them self no pay raise for three years yet boss bought new house with bonus check

Pros

got to get it on the way in

Cons

dont expect to move up rank

Jobs at Goodyear

Service Manager positions
See more jobs

Work place conditions

This company is a family oriented company and treats employees like family. There is a sense of urgency to welcome new employees into the fold and it's a fun work environment to work in.

Pros

Family oriented work place.

Benefits

Can make a career out of

Management changes to often to make any headway in company. No room for advancement Work life and home life there if no such thing as home life when service tech

Pros

Incentive

Cons

No time at home

Stop trying to sale people thing they don't need.

Stop trying to sale people thing they don't need. I worked at two locations. They first one was just sale, sale and sale. Everyone talked bad about everyone. It was like being in high school again. The 2nd location was a lot more of what I like to see. True to there customers.

Cons

Pay

was a great place to train and grow

I loved the free training they provide for anyone that wants it. I was able to conduct myself in several different locations and under many diverse cultures while employed there. it gave me a chance to grow and learn what type of services different culture deem important.

Pros

training and learning to function in corporate surroundings. health insurance provided

Not a great place to work, but not bad

I enjoyed the people I worked with and what I did for the most part. It is very hard to be successful at times because their products, and especially service costs, are so much higher than their competitors.

Pros

I liked the people I worked with and what I did

Cons

Their pricing is extremely high

Expect to be treated poorly by District Manager

Don't expect to stay in any one store to long ! The Division manager in Jacksonville has no care for his employees only his bonuses. Expect to hate the job shortly after getting it due to very bad management in Jacksonville and high turnover rates.

Pros

Cons

Week management

good place to work for

I worked at goodyear for a few years i started out as a rental counter salesmen and worked my way up to service manager for the store it is a fun place to work very high paced and you need to know what you are talking about there when it comes to sales otherwise you will not be successful. They provide all the training you will need and the staff are very freindly and easy to get along with. One thing about Goodyear is they work as a team and as long as your a team player i would high advise everyone to apply for a job with them.

Pros

team player good salary

Cons

better communiocation between staff members

safe work place

Great management safe work place. Great benefits and tuition reimbursement. Room to move up and excel career. Flexible with hours worked and potential over time.

Store manager indifferent

Out of everybody at my shop, the store manager cares the least. He openly complains when phones ring or customers come in. His goal is to spend every day quietly in his office with the lights off. Service managers are great, guys in the shop are knowledgeable. Store manager is sinking the whole place.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Store manager lazy

Steady comfortable work

A typical day, has a basic repeative cycle. From there, you manage the typical storm with excitement and accomplishment. It is the traditional Monday thru Friday with 2-3 Saturdays also.

High stress & long days

Typical automotive retail environment, very fast pace and days go by very quick. Love the people I had the opportunity of working with made friendships that will last a lifetime. Also love the relationships that were made with very loyal customers. Hardest part of the job was high turn over of associates, high pressure to make sales and not a good work/life balance. If you want to make good money and do not want a life, then this is the place for you!

Pros

pay

Cons

just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140