Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Service Manager

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,478 reviews

Fast paced with plenty of learning opportunities.

I loved this job and gave it my everything with intentions of moving up to corporate. Bad management, more specifically a horrible store manager, saw to it that those dreams were crushed. Job happiness is really dependent on which store you work at and who is your manager. Tech roles can be lucrative, entry positions can be treated poorly but if you can learn quick that will go a long way. Sales are under payed(well, a lot of roles there are) considering they are the face of the store. Upper management should be more personal and understand how shops actually operate on a day to day basis. That would go a long way with the numbers expectations. If you are a certified tech I would consider this place, and if you are car savvy as well as people friendly, I would recommend it. I miss it everyday.

Pros

Knowledge, Overtime to be had, can be good money.

Cons

Benefits are pricey, really bad store managers, entry level sales and tech underpaid for what they do.

high pace job

Okay job, always had plenty to do. Had reasonable time off. Fun environment to work in.

Fast paced work environment.

Good company. Very highly motivated management. Very detailed in job training and product knowledge for their products.

Fast-paced and enjoyable.

The typical day at Goodyear starts with numbers and what to achieve. It's a game of sales and customer service, so meeting those standards are a priority - but only after safety is met. Follow these guideliness, and keep to policy - you will enjoy the job.

Exciting fast pace sales environment

Definitely a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Must be able to provide top notch customer service and maintain optimal sales growth. Management can be demanding once you start answering to upper levels but in store management is laid back and friendly as long as you are doing well at your job. Schedules can be very hectic and balancing outside life with a position of higher responsibility with this company can be difficult as scheduling can be very demanding. Overall great company to work for with plenty of opportunity to grow within company.

Pros

Benefits, employee discounts, pay, positive environment

Cons

high sales expectations, some understaffing, scheduling long hours

compensated wel for accident free work and regular raises and outstanding incentive programs.

from 1983 to 2000 Goodyear tire was the place to work excellent bonus progams and the ability to move up though the company. looked forward to everyday at work and the support programs in place to help me do an outstanding job.

Pros

regular reviews and employee input.

Cons

a little tight with the purse strings.

Productive workplace

* Worked with management and sales team to achieve sales goals. * Meet all retail sales area standards regarding displays and overall appearance * Insure the maintenance of good customer relations through outstanding phone skills and prompt resolution of any complaints. * Provide outstanding customer satisfaction during interactions. * Provide basic estimates for the tires, alignment and road hazard.

good place to work

good place to work,employees are great tech know their job and the other management people work well togehter

Pros

good conditions pay is ok

Cons

to hire someone is like a act of god

Service Industry

Service customers that have car needs in the community. Deal with customers via the phone and in person that are sometimes irrate and/or friendly.

Service manager

good place to work lots of business poor communication from upper management

Pros

solid company reputation

Cons

unappreciated

Jobs at Goodyear

Service Manager positions
See more jobs

excellent working condition

Enjoyed working for this company. management was easy to communicate with, fun environment overall

Commincate Vehicle nees to customers and upsell additional work as requested by technicians

In this location I have two certified techs and 2 general services techs. I will initiate the repair order by greeting the customer and listening to tier concerns. After they have described their situation I will ask a series of open ended questions to gain further intelligence on what the problem really is and what kind of conditions will be more prevalent. I will then relay that information to the technician. Once the tech has finished with the evaluation of the vehicle, I will then formulate the estimate and locate the necessary parts for the proper repair. Once the estimate is completed I will review the findings with the customer and obtain approval to repair the vehicle. We will average approve 25 vehicles a day so that my day is pretty hectic to begin with. Part of my job deals with the unpredictability of vehicles and that all of them will not fail the same way. The same can be said of customers. On a scale of retail associates that customers feel comfortable with my profession is one of the lowest, because I am dealing with the second largest investment that people have and unfortunately car repair is not inexpensive.

Pros

felling of satisfaction in repairing a vehicle that other techs could not fix

Not a really great place to work

Moved around a lot and changed job titles...Store closed...Wasnt offered another position at another location

good working place

good company , good co-workers,fast paced work environment, you have think on your feet , multitasking is a must

Pros

great company, great products

Cons

high healthcare, always changing

Company that has no direction.

A typical day for me consisted of running everything with the mechanics and shop. Ordering parts and maintaining the inventory to make sure we had what was needed for the task at hand. Management was severly lacking and has an "Old way" of doing business. Customer care and honesty was not in high regards with this company. Lack of training was another problem. I enjoyed being able to help customers and finiding the best solution for their needs.

Pros

40 hour work week

Cons

to many to list

Will keep your head spinning!

This company WAS, years ago a good place to work with high hopes for upward mobility and bettering one's self while helping the company at the same time. Now, the benefits are terrible (as in the health benefits are very expensive and prescription coverage is a joke!), you won't want to advance in this company, you will be promised hours to work and have them stripped away and probably the worst of it being that they take a simple job/career and make it so complicated that you'll nearly hate doing it by the time you're done!

Pros

umm...well, they make a few decent tires.

Cons

micro-management, broken promises, it's always your fault, health benefits, etc..

auto repair

i enjoyed job it is privatley owned owner would make amd change job reqirements to employees without notice