Goodyear logo

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Showing all 3,451 reviews

Good experience

A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.

Relaxed Atmosphere

Nice Teammates. Superior Work Life Balance. Flexible work schedule. Leadership is laid back. Supervisors are kind, helpful, and want you to succeed. Room for growth.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

High Demand for Little Compensation

Started off as a general tech before moving onto sales counter... like any retail sales driven company, focused a lot on quotas at all costs. Worked in one of the most busiest store in the Western region and learned a lot... good and bad. Employees came and left like a revolving door... mostly due in part to the high demand of work for such a poor pay. Was expected to perform way above pay grade...Management at store level, hit or miss... but District manager and anyone above that... treated everyone as a number (associate number). Left company as a Store Manager after over 12 years of service.... HR is not on your side... their main focus is in the interest of the company, do not forget that.

Productivity

Very fast work environment. A lot of favoritism if you want to get promoted it’s hard since service writer gives al the work to the tech.Other than that great benefits

Pros

Good people

Cons

Favoritism

Great place to start out at if you are in the shop

Goodyear was a good career path if you are a team player and work well under pressure. I was promoted from a GMT (oil changes, tires, and light repairs) to Service Manager in about three years. If you want to become a master tech I would look elsewhere. As a service manager there is constant pressure to make sales goals from upper management which gets pushed down through the Store Manager to the Service Manager. The pay was great and I can not complain. The stress level though was terrible with constant sales pressure and techs never being happy with what jobs come in due to that sales pressure. There is threats of being written up if you do not make sales. Never was though so I do not know if this was an empty threat.

Pros

Pay, vacation and PTO time

Cons

Healthcare benefits are expensive, high pressure sales

New manager asap!!!!

No work balance! My boss never worked just sat in the office. No teamwork! Good ole boy club. No respect! Training was poor! No raise in 6 months when I promised on paper!

Pros

40hrs plus

Cons

Favoritism, No raise, Poor Training, Same stuff everyday, Scott

Good place to start

Started working right after college. A good place to learn industry lab skills. Had a good support team. Would have stayed longer if I didn't relocate.

Benefits

Excelente empresa.

Magnifica empresa. Buen ambiente de trabajo, se aprende mucho y se preocupan mucho porque el trabajador se encuentre bien en todos los aspectos, entre esos se destaca el casino(alimentación) , transporte y buen clima laboral.

Pros

Una empresa sólida y que transmite su solidez a los empleados en beneficios.

Cons

No hubo posibilidad de enganche pues solo se hizo reemplazo de 2 vacaciones, me llamaron para otros reemplazos pero no había posibilidad de permanencia en el lugar.

Bonne société

Très bonne société, quelques personnes qui aiment ce qu’il font, point négatif les jeunes qui pensent être des maîtres de la conduite et protéger par certaines personnes de la société dommage. Mais toujours un plaisir de rouler différentes voitures.

Constant changes to compensation

I worked as a service manager at a high volume store in California. The staff was on point from general service to auto techs. Good team of people who’s reputation was second to none. I learned an incredible amount about the auto industry from the long term manager at that store. The techs also spent hours teaching me and discussing their pain points. This lead to a very productive location. You can’t make every customer happy every day, especially when the day goes sideways on you. Keeping constant, professional and upfront with all customers is key. Sometime the work is too big for the store or outside our skill set and we have to pass on the opportunity to serve the customer. There have been many times customers would come in stating they “needed” something that another person had told them about. When we put the vehicle on the rack, we could not agree with the previous assessment. On the other side of that coin it can be shocking to first time car owners or folks who have always relied on their parents to handle these situations. The sticker price of repair work can be a gut shot to some. I watched and learned quickly how to techs diagnose and perform the inspections. What is critical (if anything) and what is something that is recommended either by use or by manufacturer guidelines. Then communication to the customer. The trust the customer base has with this store is apparent and warranted. I left Goodyear because of the constant changes to the compensation package. Only negative I would offer up. It felt as though consistent well performing stores were penalized -

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodyear?

Management was stern and lax at the same time

Customer service was not a priority with this company. It seemed like management was annoyed with customers constantly. It was a pretty easygoing environment and service times did not seem to matter. As a customer I would never take my vehicle to Goodyear knowing what I have experienced working there.

No Thank You.

Most mechanics just want to go to work and do their job. The garages have become such a corporate nightmare that I would avoid at all costs. If you like to just go to work and do your job, this isn't the place to go.

Grupo de trabajo increíble

La mejor experiencia laboral sin duda. Repetiría nuevamente

Pros

Bono de neumáticos, grupo de trabajo increíble, buen salario

Just bad

I put 1 cause I can't put zero! How can you expect people to work for you when they can't respect you. I mean there were sone decent people who work there but they probably al quit or got fired for speaking up.

Pros

Can work on my own car

Cons

Low pay bad work environment horrible management

Tire tech

Good place to work physically working hard everyday. Just feel like needs to pay more for the hard work. Gets really tiring when you bust your everyday.

Pros

Cool bosses, learn unique things. Meet great people.

Cons

Not enough pay, 24 hour roadside service, the highest bosses don’t care you just a number to them.

Frustration and Fun

Working at Goodyear can provide a good deal of workplace fun. Shop employees are all usually a tight knit group of people willing to help one another. On the other hand management at the store and district level along with corporate leave much to be desired. There is minimal promoting from within. Store managers are regularly under or over qualified. If you work in the front, focus is sales above all else. The stores individually can be amazing and work well. However constant dealings with corporate employees who clearly only care for the profits can make the job immensely frustrating.

Pros

Hour lunches, consistent scheduling

Cons

outrageous healthcare costs, management tiers

Great Co-workers and management in Wyoming

I'm still working here and it's a fairly easy job as a commercial tire technician. It is physically demanding work but it helps keep you in shape, the only downfall is that I'm not getting enough hours to stay on top of bills.

Pros

Repetitive work, keep in shape, easy to learn

Cons

On call, not many hours

Sales and management achievement dinners and awards

Company promotes from within were possible opportunities for all employees to advance within the ranks very family oriented will hire friends or family members if qualified for position very positive company to work for

Pros

Variety of management and sales courses to attend and improve skills

Cons

Nights inventory contou

Money

Money great. Management sucks. Great bunch of people to work with. Would’ve stayed if it want for the managers and upper management. You have managers that don’t have a clue what they are doing today

Pros

Money

Cons

Bad

My time at Goodyear was bad. A lot of work for little pay. Management does their best to keep you at the same level. Lack of respect for employees. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for Goodyear if you want a career in automotive.

Pros

n/a

Cons

you have a job.

Management in the way of progress, that's why they're out of business.

Goodyear Wholesale Tire is no longer operating. Management was unqualified to lead a team, and this division of Goodyear was run in the stone-age. No CRM, no sales meetings, no strategy. Glad I left when I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,136