Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,480 reviews

Good experience

A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.

A rat race with incompetent upper management

After nearly a decade with the company the focus has changed from helping people with their vehicles and tires to extracting every available penny regardless of customer needs. Dishonest practices are ignored and therefore encouraged by district and corporate management who focus purely on unrealistic metrics and focus studies and know nothing about automotive service or building customer relationships. From store manager down to the technicians, prepare to be belittled. Forget about upward mobility, the cronyism is unreal. You either play golf with or married into the management clique (formerly from Target) or you can prepare to rot in place... regardless of how stellar your performance is. If you're a top performer you can expect a pat on the back and a fake gold pin every five years. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company which is swirling the drain (see the 5yr stock chart). 25 year old antiquated point of sale software? Check. Zero company provided training for upcoming techs/salespeople? Check. Zero preparation for changing industry standards? Check. Terrible discount program? Check. Company initiatives designed to take business from the retail stores and money from your paycheck? BIG CHECK. The only positive of working for Goodyear is job stability regardless of lackluster performance and some good people in some stores... just be prepared for a life of mediocrity in a company that survives on name recognition alone.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Everything else you can imagine AND MORE

great place to work

It was a good company. Pretty organized. There is room to move up if you are in a bigger area or want to move. All around good company to work for with good benefits.

Pros

everything else is great

Cons

commission sucks

Excelente

Muy buena experiencia laboral, ambiente de trabajo muy dinamico, con oportunidad de aprendisaje constante, te permite la oportunidad de interactuar con colegas a nivel internacional, siempre hay constante capacitación.

Pros

Seguro medico

Cons

Poco tiempo para colación

Fast paced

Everything is go go go and that is what works best for me. I love a faced paced environment and working as a team. We all come together to solve any car problem

Wouldn’t keep enough people hired with on call rotation constantly working while management was always doing very little to help its main needs

Screwed Me 3 weeks of vacation worked every service call with a two man rotation for 3 years straight because of less then a 2 weeks notice. Management can’t talk it’s way out of anything and ride the employees to make them look good throughout the whole ladder of this corporate industry when they need to be more involved in its districts of centers. Good job if u want to work and miss out on things in life you need to be involved in almost cost me a divorce.

Pros

Long hard hours with decent pay

Cons

Lack of staff where it’s more important

How well and fst i advanced.the pay structer i loved base commission. If i didnt make comm. I didnt earn my keeps.

I was top in sales for 4 1/× years . was transferred to new stores to get it up and started. Took alot of pride in all my jobs number 2 salesman in all western states. 254 goodyear stores. They ran contest we didnt no about in 2000 . when close of business for day push f12 with all daily figures. Coming in 2nd big wig flew out announced a guy from arizona myself and guy from utah. He called me up to stage announced i finished 2nd and was awarded 7500 check and goodyear blimp ride. One of my best highlites in the 20 plus years i work for them. Loved it.

Pros

Bonus program in sales awards for top sales. I was awarded in my years there with 36 plaques, 22 certificates and 16 manager of year awareds. My store averaged 220, 000 in sales per month with a 58 percent profit rating.

Cons

Finding a crew to work as hard as i

Small private business tyre shops. Dodgy and dishonest, enough said

Dodgy and dishonest in every possible way. Depends on the small business owner who sells tyres, or tries to. Can’t compete with the competition and the parent company don’t care how poor their business operators are

Pros

Cons

Too many

Me gusto mucho

Me interesa mucho está empresa y me gustaría aprende

Pros

Seguros medicos

Cons

Debe

GoodYear

● Work-life balanceGood People. Good work environment.● OverallGood people. Good environment. Good pay and Benefits. Managers are very helpful. Great union. I work and the tire room which the temp was 70 all year round. Nice.

Jobs at Goodyear

See more jobs

not a very fun place to work

typical day at work was mostly cleaning and oil changes. I learned how to put up with co-workers that are not very respectful, that treated me unfairly.

Pros

got to work on my truck after hours in the shop

Cons

all employees were rude

wonderful place to work. Lots of job opportunities.

I learned so many things at Goodyear. I was also able to take classes on excel and other computer skills. They took the time to train me very well on every job I acquired. My boss was very complementary.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Recent hire of younger managers with a different way to produce and be efficient and

Production unter hàrtesten bedingungen

Hier wird druck gemacht und man soll seine meinung am besten für sich behalten interne philosophie

Pros

gutes gehalt

Cons

schlechte arbeits bedingungen

Employeur de choix!

Goodyear est une entreprise de choix. J’ai compris après quelques semaines pourquoi il y avait autant d’employés avec 30 ans d’expérience. Entreprise basée sur l’humain. Excellente conditions, salaire honnête, superbe équipe de Management et une très belle ligne de produit.

Pros

Human care, conditions, salaire et Management.

Cons

Rien à dire.

Estresante

Mala administracion para con las personas ,desconfianza

Pros

Seguro.dental.sindicato

Cons

Sindcato mafioso y ladron ..son la empresa misma

Employees don’t get treat fairly

Goodyear is very racist, they treat they employees differently. Like they treat the whites and the blacks differently in my opinion far as the Discipline.

Administrative

If you even consider working for this company and you are a conservative - DON'T. They are blocking any wearing apparel indicating you are a conservative but are allowing apparel indicating you are a leftie. Very bad company culture.Shame on you!!!! My dad was a VP for years and worked for Goodyear his entire career. It was a good company in the 1960s-1980s. Not anymore.RUN

Pros

Not much

Cons

Company leftie culture - very exclusionary for conservatives

Enter at your own risk.

Pay sucks, benefits half ok. Work life balance sucks, this company cares more about politics than the employees. They make promises but they are rarely met. Eric is a great manager. Jeff is the DM an he is great too. But the company itself sucks. You should pay employees what they are worth. There are plenty of good people whom work for Goodyear, but the company 👎.

Pros

You might get a good manager.

Cons

Pay sucks.

No advancement possibilities at all. All higher up managers are ex grocery store DMs running our business into the ground

been here 5+ years and its definitely changed for the worst. Upper management has little to non automotive competency. Demands we squeeze every last drop from every customer that walks through the door. Shady business practices that skate on the line of moral to immoral. Also its not about what you know, but rather who you know. Some managers can be lazy and worthless and make more than everyone in the store. Havent had 40 hour weeks since COVID started yet business has been exploding and we are producing very high volume numbers. Always short staffed due to one thing or another. Constantly under the microscope. Very nitpicky on everything, no chance to advance in the company as all promotions are given to friends of the DM. Many employees who have been with the company for 7-10+ years and still cant advance without some sort of corporate butt kissing.

Pros

Pay is slightly above average due to the company believing they can buy your loyalty

Cons

micro management, no full time hours, no room for advancement

Good people

Not a bad place to work. Management is off site most of the time so missing the direction the shop needs. Other than that its a pretty good place to work. The coworkers were very nice

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Management not in store often

Se trabaja muy cómodo con oportunidad de crecimiento

En 20 años de experiencia que tuve en la empresa me sentía como parte de la empresa.

Pros

Seguro Medico. Vacaciones pagadas . Planes vacacionales para los hijos

Cons

No tengo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140