Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,437 reviews
A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.
Horrible company Center manager is fake, no care for employees, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, no future, and lie about pay and bonuses. No work home balance
Pros
Cons
Over worked, over stressed, micromanaged
So far so good here but it could be better management doesn’t do a very good job of managing the employees and so there’s a lot of confusion. Also if you have medical problems they won’t care about it.
Coming from a job with mandatory overtime (64 hours per week minimum) with horrible hourly pay and rotating shifts to unlimited voluntary overtime (36 hours per minimum) with double the last jobs hourly pay and rotating shifts I am ecstatic. Only required to work 14 days a month which is great if you want to spend time with family or you can work all the overtime you want if needed. This is a physically taxing job but you get used to it. This is a great opportunity and great potential career. People that say otherwise don't know any better and take it for granted or are lazy. I've worked much harder for much less pay and appreciation. I'll cherish being blessed this opportunity to support and spend lots of time with my family and I won't lose any sleep because others don't. Unless you are just thrown in to a golden situation like a trust fund or other unlikely scenarios, you won't get a much better deal without a degree. The military won't provide you with this balance of financial security and time off with family. Been there.
Pros
Great pay and plenty of time off.
Cons
Can be physically taxing.
Wasn't a bad place to work. Got along with my coworkers. 12 hour rotating shifts can be brutal. Pay was awesome. The job is physically demanding at times but your body will get use to it
Pros
7 days off
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts
It is just fun talking to the interviewer. The questions is personal and related to work that i already know with my previous work.You will be motivated to work hard as they offer good benefits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
The good: great bay with great benefits. A steady and reliable work week.The bad: They can shut you down and move overseas faster than you can blink.
Pay and benefits were great because of the Union. Management was absolutely horrible. They sabotaged our plant by gutting quality and maintenance to make a long story short.
Pros
Pay and benefits only because of the Union
Cons
Poor, useless, no good, dirty, rotten, low down management from top to bottom
Goodyear is a good company to work for. If you don't mind getting a little dirty, it's a good living. The job truly changed my life. Had it not closed, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Strenuous, dirty
Doesn't matter how good your performance is, it's never good enough. Plant leadership and their direct reports all manage at 2 levels lower than they should be. Area managers and specialists are constantly beat down and blamed for the poor management of plant resources.
Pros
Good pay amd benefits.
Cons
Toxic culture, never feels like you win
Cash is King, not much more you can say. I know every company needs to make money, but when cash is your only focuse, you forget the people that help you make that cash!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Dirty work, long days, no over time, on call even when on vaction.
The work itself is physical and tiring but not that bad once used to it. The work to life balance is terrible even though you only work 14 days a month.
Pros
Good pay, and benefits.
Cons
No work life balance. Have to know someone to get promoted or even interview for management.
Upper management of the store and the district is terrible. I was the only technician in the shop for months, no help from management. At times leaving me with 3-4 cars in the shop at a time, all waiting in the lobby for the work to be complete. With management constantly watching over my shoulder asking why they were not done yet, when the work was being completed correctly and efficiently as possible. Forcing reduced lunch times to finish cars because of poor scheduling, while they all got to take full lunch hours. Unfair payment due to projects completed that were way above my pay grade. Stay away from the stores in the NW Ohio region!!
Pros
Cons
Forced reduced lunch times, unfair pay, poor management
Job rotation through out the plant, and very well relacked. Learned many job skills with different types of hose they make and a lot of skill work with the computers. Management had many ways to comunicate to the associates with white boards, TV powerpoints, and a safety news letter dailey to let all the associates. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours rotating shifts.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
I was an engineering intern for a summer and enjoyed it pretty well. I was able to take part in some great projects and work with fun people, but some of the other employees are pretty unhappy with the plant and that culture shows. They seem to handle their interns well and connect them with senior engineers to provide projects and also gave us dedicated PLC training once a week.
Pros
training
Cons
unhappy employees
This is the worst place you can work! Hours always change. You never know when you are going home. Can’t plan anything bc it’s not a set schedule. They don’t care about you as a person just as a quota. Management is rude and inconsiderate. They do not care about your well being. Management talks about you behind your back. They don’t give you raises unless you beg.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything! Short breaks, poor management, unknown hours
De bon souvenirs ,de bon collègues de travail, une bonne ambiance, un salaire très correct, des formations de sécurité régulière, de l'évolution possible, certains postes sont moins dure que d'autre ,la meilleure entreprise que j'ai faite, mon seul regret ne plus y être.
Pros
Salaire, ambiance
Cons
Poste salle pour certains est produit nocif
The management could use some interpersonal skills training but other than that they do try to accommodate your request and concerns. Room to advance is there as well.
Pros
Hour of break per shift
Cons
The immaturity between shifts. No working together for a common goal.
Its an oaky place to work, its gets very boring and repetitive. You have to hope you get on a good shift otherwise you will do all of the work yourself will everyone else does absolutely nothing for 8 hours a day. team leads are great they really help you out and understand you cause they were once in your position
Pros
Great job if you love being on the phone
Cons
they will shorten your breaks, horrible coworkers
Une bonne expérience pour ma carrière professionnelle
Pros
Une bonne organisation
Probably the best job I’ve ever had I really enjoyed working there the supervisors were great to work for excellent benefits unfortunately I got laid off November 2004 they had a reduction in force they go by seniority
Pros
The pay and great benefits
Cons
Can be very Hot
  1. Employee Reviews