Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Found 3,435 reviews matching the search
A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.
Seit dem Wechsel von Dunlop zu Goodyear hat sich das Arbeitsklima extrem verschlechtert .
Melhor empresa que já trabalhei até hoje, em todos requisitos.
Pros
Ótimo refeitório
Pour ma part le travail d'opérateur 0 0 aide 0 formation syndicat zélé 0 humain 0 RH incompétence flagrante Une gang de nul, hypocrite la direction Salaire minable, le bouffon pousse pour sa production, il te fait sentir un esclave. Entreprise mal gérer par 2 personnes qui se croient nettement trop supérieures avec 0 connaissances Une trentaine de jours étaient de trop dans mon expérience professionnelle. Le seul bon côté, ma superviseur. Je ne conseil pas cette entreprise, vous êtes un numéro.
Cons
RH et la direction
I loved this job and gave it my everything with intentions of moving up to corporate. Bad management, more specifically a horrible store manager, saw to it that those dreams were crushed. Job happiness is really dependent on which store you work at and who is your manager. Tech roles can be lucrative, entry positions can be treated poorly but if you can learn quick that will go a long way. Sales are under payed(well, a lot of roles there are) considering they are the face of the store. Upper management should be more personal and understand how shops actually operate on a day to day basis. That would go a long way with the numbers expectations. If you are a certified tech I would consider this place, and if you are car savvy as well as people friendly, I would recommend it. I miss it everyday.
Pros
Knowledge, Overtime to be had, can be good money.
Cons
Benefits are pricey, really bad store managers, entry level sales and tech underpaid for what they do.
Extremely fun and amazing pay and benefits. You go to work and do your job and will reap the benefits! Very fast paced and mentally challenging. Love it!
The pay is good. The benefits are not good at all. Only one week of vacation, period. No paid holidays. The qor is good and the management has gotten alot better.
It’s hard work and long days, but if you can handle it the pay is great. You’ll get 7 consecutive days off every 28 days and work 4 days consecutive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long days
Great Company. You have the option to make as much money as you like. Excellent Insurance and you can move up in the company. They also offer assistance for you to go back to school to further your education.
Pros
Insurance and Pay
Cons
Great place to work and excellent boss. Learned new skills and taught others how to treat customers and repair the vehicle. Enjoyed showing other what I was capable of doing as a mechanic
Pros
Great job
Cons
Business sold
Its a good place to start working and i realy learned alot . The management ks good and very helpful in tough times. When having a breakdwon its hard. When you reach your daily target before clockout time.
Pros
Now and then when we made the ticket
Cons
12hours
Goodyear is a great company to work for and I enjoyed my 10yrs there. pay was fair and was allowed to work on my personal vehicles when I needed to. highly recommend.
The job is simple enough; however the issue is pay and hours. Even now during the pandemic (12/29/2020) they took away the annual raises we get. Corporate wants us to crank out the same if not more volume of work. There is no covid benefits.Pros:- Tire discounts - Easy work- One hour lunch break (may vary from locations)Cons:- Limited discounts (you get tire discount codes)- Corporate cares not for their workers who are exposed to different people everyday while they work from home.- GS (general services techs aka the tire and lube guys/gals) CANNOT work more than 32 hours a week without getting in trouble.- No Covid-19 pandemic benefits or extra pay
Pros
Read my review
Cons
No covid benefits, 32 hour (sometimes less)work weeks
I'm doing the work of three people for the pay of one. It's been like this for months and I've received no additional compensation. Work 6 days of the week.
They expect to much from a postion tire sales and no thank you for a good job always telling everybody to do more and the bonuses are terrible they keep increasing unreachable goals even tho you surpass all previous stats and goals only had bonus 2 times in 2o months
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Started with Goodyear after a year with Pepboys back in 99 or 2000. They sent me to school and I worked my way up to Master Tech after a few years. I was lucky to be at a busy shop and never sat around. Pay is 100% commission once you get to the level I was at so it really depends on your service managers skills at selling jobs. Thankfully mine was amazing. I would recommend going here if you are interested in working on every kind of vehicle that is out there.
Pros
Busy shop and made great money
Cons
Had to work every Saturday the entire time I was there
I absolutely love the job, it was frustrating at first with my training but now that I know how to perform the job correctly and efficiently, its nothing to it.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, not being able to bid out to another job until your year is up
Productive fun , always something to do, everyone is really nice and willing to help. Thank you. .....................................................
This company shown what I dont want in a company. Good ole boy club, no respect, no teamwork. Promises from management never fulfilled. Some of the guys talked about no raise in two years. Min wage gone up faster then ppl working in shop. Managment is always pushing unmanageable work.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
no raises, no respectively giving
Senior management leadership lacking, hires people out of business to run stores and districts instead of promoting within company. Hard work, loyalty, dedication means nothing
Pros
Good work environment at store level
Cons
Lack of promotion, leadership at senior level only cares for themselves
The pay and benefits was fair. The management was open to new ideas. They valued their employees input. I would recommend working for Goodyear if you're trying to get your foot in the door in any type of industrial work.
  1. Employee Reviews