Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,439 reviews
A good firm to start your career from. Job security is good. Payscale is not very good for trainees and there is no particular system to make the trainees permanent on the job.
Productive fun , always something to do, everyone is really nice and willing to help. Thank you. .....................................................
This company shown what I dont want in a company. Good ole boy club, no respect, no teamwork. Promises from management never fulfilled. Some of the guys talked about no raise in two years. Min wage gone up faster then ppl working in shop. Managment is always pushing unmanageable work.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
no raises, no respectively giving
Senior management leadership lacking, hires people out of business to run stores and districts instead of promoting within company. Hard work, loyalty, dedication means nothing
Pros
Good work environment at store level
Cons
Lack of promotion, leadership at senior level only cares for themselves
The pay and benefits was fair. The management was open to new ideas. They valued their employees input. I would recommend working for Goodyear if you're trying to get your foot in the door in any type of industrial work.
Okay job. I really wanted to be an electrician but couldn't find a corporate job in my field so I took a mechanic position here. The money is decent but I have a feeling I will be broke if I stay working here longer than a year
Pros
Customers are friendly
Cons
staying late working weekends
Explotadores con los Apes,pagan poco y te hacen trabajar demasiado y no te reconocen
Pros
No hay
Cons
Explotan
No job security, the management is laughable. Those that actually do their job are expected to put up allofthe numbers while the ones that dont do anything are never bothered.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security
Nice Teammates. Superior Work Life Balance. Flexible work schedule. Leadership is laid back. Supervisors are kind, helpful, and want you to succeed. Room for growth.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Started off as a general tech before moving onto sales counter... like any retail sales driven company, focused a lot on quotas at all costs. Worked in one of the most busiest store in the Western region and learned a lot... good and bad. Employees came and left like a revolving door... mostly due in part to the high demand of work for such a poor pay. Was expected to perform way above pay grade...Management at store level, hit or miss... but District manager and anyone above that... treated everyone as a number (associate number). Left company as a Store Manager after over 12 years of service.... HR is not on your side... their main focus is in the interest of the company, do not forget that.
Very fast work environment. A lot of favoritism if you want to get promoted it’s hard since service writer gives al the work to the tech.Other than that great benefits
Pros
Good people
Cons
Favoritism
Goodyear was a good career path if you are a team player and work well under pressure. I was promoted from a GMT (oil changes, tires, and light repairs) to Service Manager in about three years. If you want to become a master tech I would look elsewhere. As a service manager there is constant pressure to make sales goals from upper management which gets pushed down through the Store Manager to the Service Manager. The pay was great and I can not complain. The stress level though was terrible with constant sales pressure and techs never being happy with what jobs come in due to that sales pressure. There is threats of being written up if you do not make sales. Never was though so I do not know if this was an empty threat.
Pros
Pay, vacation and PTO time
Cons
Healthcare benefits are expensive, high pressure sales
No work balance! My boss never worked just sat in the office. No teamwork! Good ole boy club. No respect! Training was poor! No raise in 6 months when I promised on paper!
Pros
40hrs plus
Cons
Favoritism, No raise, Poor Training, Same stuff everyday, Scott
Started working right after college. A good place to learn industry lab skills. Had a good support team. Would have stayed longer if I didn't relocate.
Benefits
Magnifica empresa. Buen ambiente de trabajo, se aprende mucho y se preocupan mucho porque el trabajador se encuentre bien en todos los aspectos, entre esos se destaca el casino(alimentación) , transporte y buen clima laboral.
Pros
Una empresa sólida y que transmite su solidez a los empleados en beneficios.
Cons
No hubo posibilidad de enganche pues solo se hizo reemplazo de 2 vacaciones, me llamaron para otros reemplazos pero no había posibilidad de permanencia en el lugar.
Très bonne société, quelques personnes qui aiment ce qu’il font, point négatif les jeunes qui pensent être des maîtres de la conduite et protéger par certaines personnes de la société dommage. Mais toujours un plaisir de rouler différentes voitures.
I worked as a service manager at a high volume store in California. The staff was on point from general service to auto techs. Good team of people who’s reputation was second to none. I learned an incredible amount about the auto industry from the long term manager at that store. The techs also spent hours teaching me and discussing their pain points. This lead to a very productive location. You can’t make every customer happy every day, especially when the day goes sideways on you. Keeping constant, professional and upfront with all customers is key. Sometime the work is too big for the store or outside our skill set and we have to pass on the opportunity to serve the customer. There have been many times customers would come in stating they “needed” something that another person had told them about. When we put the vehicle on the rack, we could not agree with the previous assessment. On the other side of that coin it can be shocking to first time car owners or folks who have always relied on their parents to handle these situations. The sticker price of repair work can be a gut shot to some. I watched and learned quickly how to techs diagnose and perform the inspections. What is critical (if anything) and what is something that is recommended either by use or by manufacturer guidelines. Then communication to the customer. The trust the customer base has with this store is apparent and warranted. I left Goodyear because of the constant changes to the compensation package. Only negative I would offer up. It felt as though consistent well performing stores were penalized - more...
Customer service was not a priority with this company. It seemed like management was annoyed with customers constantly. It was a pretty easygoing environment and service times did not seem to matter. As a customer I would never take my vehicle to Goodyear knowing what I have experienced working there.
Most mechanics just want to go to work and do their job. The garages have become such a corporate nightmare that I would avoid at all costs. If you like to just go to work and do your job, this isn't the place to go.
La mejor experiencia laboral sin duda. Repetiría nuevamente
Pros
Bono de neumáticos, grupo de trabajo increíble, buen salario
I put 1 cause I can't put zero! How can you expect people to work for you when they can't respect you. I mean there were sone decent people who work there but they probably al quit or got fired for speaking up.
Pros
Can work on my own car
Cons
Low pay bad work environment horrible management
  1. Employee Reviews