Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Akron, OH

The management could use some interpersonal skills training but other than that they do try to accommodate your request and concerns. Room to advance is there as well.
Pros
Hour of break per shift
Cons
The immaturity between shifts. No working together for a common goal.
Over worked and under paid, if you have a family this is not the place for you unless you are looking for an escape. I’ve worked 70 hrs plus for this company. I worked for them as a manager and turned around a location by 300% to just get a thanks. Good luck
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything in between
There were so many good things about working for Goodyear and I learned a ton. However the culture has some significant clique's. If you are not part of those, it can be very difficult to find success. It is a highly political environment.
Pros
Global Company, Good resources
Cons
Tough culture
Nice Teammates. Superior Work Life Balance. Flexible work schedule. Leadership is laid back. Supervisors are kind, helpful, and want you to succeed. Room for growth.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Good job that gave the wonderful opportunity of providing employment to young gents and women out of college who want to fill 150 characters to look at jobs
Goodyear provides career development and growth for all associates in entry to mid-level roles; above that, a well connected network is needed for advancement. Systems and process are older, but in general there is a clear effort to update them and become more current with the world. True efforts from the C-suite to make positive, permanent changes for the corporation. It is a very diverse company and this is valued, however, inclusion is not always displayed. Most of the time, it comes as just being part of the "in" group, not necessarily linked to race, gender, or faith. It is a very political organization.
Pros
Salary and benefits, compensation in general
Cons
Very politiical. Good-old-boy club
Assist the project manager in day to day activity and set up meetings for our team. Everybody in this company was nice to be around and everybody was willing to help if the need be
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
always feel like running out of time
If you even consider working for this company and you are a conservative - DON'T. They are blocking any wearing apparel indicating you are a conservative but are allowing apparel indicating you are a leftie. Very bad company culture.Shame on you!!!! My dad was a VP for years and worked for Goodyear his entire career. It was a good company in the 1960s-1980s. Not anymore.RUN
Pros
Not much
Cons
Company leftie culture - very exclusionary for conservatives
A complete joke. So Political, there was no real work being done. Everyone was afraid of challenging the bureaucracy. Managers at the plant would initially sabotage the overall running of the plant. Good old boys club. Worst manufacturing place I’ve ever seen. Dangerously and completely void of any maintenance of equipment.
Training is terrible. Supervisors stressed and yell a lot, very unprofessional! Never feel like your safe with your job. No one talks or works well together. In my 38 years of working this place is by far the worst.
Pros
The Cafeteria
Cons
Boring. Terrible Management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodyear?
Great place to work. Offers schedule flexibility when needed. Encourages work/life balance as well as diversity and inclusion. Offers career advancement opportunity for many. Goodyear also is very supportive of community outreach efforts and supports many area agencies.
Great employer with many great customers. Continually brining new products and service to market. Goodyear continually gives back the community and supports its employees.
Overall it is a great place to work where you have the ability to work with cross-functional teams and learn new things at your own leisure. For the most part the workplace culture is strong.
Pros
Work life balance, internal promotions, culture and benefits
Cons
Management to busy for their people, yearly reviews are not meaningful, politics
Goodyear is a joke, they hire new management staff that has no idea how to lead/ coach. The management staff continues to blame everyone else for the issues. The company doesnt want to advance but complains that nothing is changing. The leadership staff needs to change inorder for the place to become better
I enjoyed my tenure at Goodyear. The one thing to mention is when a company hires leadership that tell it professional workforce that Knowledge of your craft is not necessary and anyone can come in and do your job it is demoralizing and unprofessional and destroys a company from the inside out
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Bullying bosses
very self work company. very good benefits, and my consumer relations team is wonderful. i wish the pay was more than what they offer. vacation time and time off is not an issue. it's the pay rate.
Goodyear is a great company to work for. The benefits are very good and the environment is professional yet comfortable. There are plenty of opportunities to move up and around within the company. People here are more than willing to help you get to where you want to be. I would highly recommend working here because this company has so much to offer.
The culture is Hierarchy-based and still behind the times around remote workers Lack innovative thinking in many pockets of the org...sr management is low on self development and still more of a “tell” organization
The culture is meant to be a collaborative workplace, but there are still many individual silos of knowledge. Work life balance is not great, but you can control that if you choose.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work life Balance
Goodyear has given me the opportunity to travel the world and contribute in many countries. To be part of such a multi cultural company has changed who I am as a person because of the perspective I have gained.
I have not been with Goodyear very long, but so far it has been a big adjustment. I cannot give a perfect summary of the job yet, but I essentially have become a full time AP assistant and help with research of invoices that do not get paid for a variety of reasons.