Goodyear logo

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Work-Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,451 reviews

Pay a few bills

Cant keep a full staff. If your a hard worker they will work the h*** out of you and the people who supposed to be helping will walk around not doing a thing. The tires can wear you down physically, but the lack of team work will kill you mentally.

Cons

Cant get requested days off they re always we need you here for that day answers

Fair pay and benefits

The pay and benefits was fair. The management was open to new ideas. They valued their employees input. I would recommend working for Goodyear if you're trying to get your foot in the door in any type of industrial work.

Could be better

I worked here 5yrs and was stuck in the same position for that time....while I was their people coming into the company was making more than me and had no experience even when I tried to go to a different department I was denied I was told that I going to work on 2nd shift for 2wks I was their much longer and when I finally had enough I asked for more money cause I know I deserve it....then I found another company and after 6mts I made lead

Dis manager set us up to fail .

Dis manager set us up to fail. Goodyear HR was to late to fix . Goodyear now is just tires only. Was good to work. before last dis Manager Now only sale tires no auto repair

great place to work

good company overall, have plenty of work to do, most systems are new and easy to learn. we have a new process in place and do Tires and alignments only, it take the stress out of the job

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

getting into upper managerment roles are hard, a lot of people not moving or retiring

Not Work Friendly

Did not properly train the employees therefore the work environment was lacking. Customers weren't satisfied with their needs because employees didn't know what to do!

Productive relax atmosphere

I thank God for working at Goodyear Commercial Tire. As long as people know their responsibilities you pretty much were the administrator of your duties.

Pros

Fun place to work for.

Productive but not organized

Working at Goodyear I found out its a lot more to changing a tire then I expected. knowing the dimensions of a tire balancing a tire rotating tires etc. We worked as a team is what I liked about it so much. Nobody bashed each other we all helped one another and that was always a good thing. I enjoyed seweing a smile on a satisfied customer face.

Pros

discounts, free lunches, benefits

Cons

working holidays

Productive work environment

I enjoyed working for Good Year Tire. My duties as Automobile Service Technician included diagnosis, test driving and genenral repairs of automobiles.

Pros

Productive environment

Cons

exposure to inclement weather

Good Working Place

Good Work Structure, good working environment. Good management structure. There was always a clear process how to proceed to do everything, as well as who to contact.

Fun to meet differnet individuals.

Great expiernce for as auto. Learning the system and making sure payroll was on time, which is very important.

great company

great company,everyday was challenge.i really like working for this company.

Pros

great benefits, and pay and just five miles commute

Cons

no office help

hostile work place is true ,company with no direction is also true

management is the worst i ever seen in my 27yr career .every week they change how they are going to do bussness .its a hard place to work. iv been with company for almost 3 yrs and we change store management about every 4months .they have a system called triad they created and the labor time on it is very bad if your a flag hour guy .your job is good one day and the next day they have your replacement starting ,its the craziest place .they dont care about techs all they want to do is sell tires so for a flag hours forget it, 30 hrs aweek is what you can expect pay but you will work about 50hrs. if your a general service tech you get paid hourly about 12 bucks and your on the clock 40hrs so for them its a good deal and you can learn . human resources is in india so when you have concerns good luck with that.co-workers a good for the most part they have familys good working people but the management makes it hostile work place,when the managers are not hitting the number the company wants, they turn every one agenst each other and it gets very ugle .

Pros

45-50 hrs per week, medical benifits

Cons

too meny to list

Wasn't what I thought it was going to be

I don't have anything good to say about this company other than the fact that one of the co-workers that I worked for was really nice and a good person to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,136