Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Danville, VA

Found 118 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,478 reviews

Unionized helhole w/best pay & benefits around

Great place for those who are young, mechanically inclined, able-bodied, sure footed, quick on your feet, alert, safety conscious & ready to make serious dough!

Pros

Best health insur, wages, bonuses, perks

Cons

Union/strikes, 12 hr rotating shifts, “no-show” OSHA

Awful!

You will never be paid for the hours you work. Work 40 plus hours and you can expect a check for 32 and they will never correct it. They scoot it under the rug like it never happened and treat you like it was your screw up.

Pros

None!

Cons

Super short breaks, no time to eat, rushed, wont pay you properly. Union will only help you after 480 hours.

Good paycheck and bad management

Money is the only thing that motivates me at this place. Other then that, it's hot and stinky.. Manufacturing using old fashioned machines. And management is hot garbage..

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Great pay, benefita are not great

The pay is good. The benefits are not good at all. Only one week of vacation, period. No paid holidays. The qor is good and the management has gotten alot better.

Great Company to work for but management sucks!

Great Company. You have the option to make as much money as you like. Excellent Insurance and you can move up in the company. They also offer assistance for you to go back to school to further your education.

Pros

Insurance and Pay

Money

Money great. Management sucks. Great bunch of people to work with. Would’ve stayed if it want for the managers and upper management. You have managers that don’t have a clue what they are doing today

Pros

Money

Cons

I never worked at this company before

I never worked at this company before trying to get a job need a job bad I heard that this was a good company to work for and I want to work for this company

Pros

Cons

Yes necessary

Its just a job that pays the bills

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Goodyear are goodJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Goodyear, I think it's a day to day basis

wonderful place to work. Lots of job opportunities.

I learned so many things at Goodyear. I was also able to take classes on excel and other computer skills. They took the time to train me very well on every job I acquired. My boss was very complementary.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Recent hire of younger managers with a different way to produce and be efficient and

Challenging

This plant could be a great place to work, but they do not value their people. Managers are given very little backing and support which is especially trying in a union environment

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

No work-life balance.

Good money

The pay good. After you been there for a while you will get a sense of job security. Everybody worry more about politics than doing their job and being productive.

Pros

Good pay, benefits

Cons

No job security for first three years

Poor management

The upper management and old equipment and people abusing the fmla is doing a lot of damage to this plant. Going on 22 yrs and I feel like I’m going to jail everyday.

Pros

12 hrs shift

Cons

Benefits gets worse and management don’t care anymore

Was laid off after over 20 years of experience working at Goodyear

A year before I was laid off, I had finally, after years of trying to progress and get a job that wasn’t physically killing me, gotten a promotion. But being salary, had the least time in that position, out of four people, lost my job. Two of the people were lazy, didn’t do their job, would be unfindable for hours on end, and this was known by MANY other employees. Good work ethic means absolutely NOTHING at Goodyear. Quality products mean nothing either.

Great Pay and Benefits

Only thing Good At Goodyear is the paycheck. The management is very disorganized and not concerned about associates well being. The Maintenance department is treated like the redheaded step child of the plant.

Ok place

Lot drama but decent pay the hours are flexible and good benefits. Never know what the company might do but there is room to advance in the company. Good vacation time also.

The money is fine, management is horrible they have no clue

Been here several years now i have never seen a more poorly run company from a management prospective than this place here in Danville va. The money is fine but leave it to Goodyear to take bonuses we suppose to get or cut them in half. It’s dirty equipment is very old and unreliable which operators get the blame for not keeping the machines running. It’s hot its cold dirty work that if it wasn’t for the money I wouldn’t be there. Very very unhealthy!! But on a positive note the people i work with we get along and enjoy working together.

somewhat fun ,but not easy

could be better with a advanced manager ., job was a job. don"trust anyone, this is what i leaned.most of the time it was what you make it. early in to work and out .hated the twelve hour shift .

The management is very biased and disrespectful

This plant is very unsafe. It does not pay enough for your life jeopardy. The leadership drives a culture of disrespect and ignorance. They preach a message of safety but will not enforce it. The equipment is very old and they refuse to fix or update (upgrade) any machines. Goodyear needs to be overhauled and redone.

The opportunity my upper management gives me to continually learn.I am given specail projects that allows me to get more familiar with our products.Great people to work wi

Poor management

Management needs to be and have improvement's, safety concern needs improvement, safety issues and management issues needs improvement. Good people coworkers

GoodYear

Horrible management and a lot of harassment. Feels like going into a prison when it’s time for work. I’m currently lookin for another job to work. The best part is gettin off and away from all the negativity in the building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140