Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Fayetteville, NC

Found 161 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,472 reviews

Great place to intern

I was an engineering intern for a summer and enjoyed it pretty well. I was able to take part in some great projects and work with fun people, but some of the other employees are pretty unhappy with the plant and that culture shows. They seem to handle their interns well and connect them with senior engineers to provide projects and also gave us dedicated PLC training once a week.

Pros

training

Cons

unhappy employees

Stressful long hours

Decent pay and benefits. But 12 hour night-shifts and nonstop labor isn’t very fun. Has nowhere near the benefits and incentives the old timers used to get back in the day.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressful, long hours, nonstop labor

Ok

Its ok place to work, tasks arent hard and are often repetitive. People make the place depending on your relationship with them. Often there is a lot of drama though. Wish benefits had been better.

Toxic Environment

Older employees want newer employees to fail if they don't fit into their "clique". Good pay and benefits. 12 hours shifts. Union company but not as bad as some that I've seen.

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Cons

Rough on the body, toxic environment

Great pay, scheduled days off,

I absolutely love the job, it was frustrating at first with my training but now that I know how to perform the job correctly and efficiently, its nothing to it.

Pros

Great pay, great benefits.

Cons

Short breaks, not being able to bid out to another job until your year is up

Overall good job

Great payOpportunities for career advancement after one year. Very strict on being to work on time. 1 hr break divided into four 10 min breaks and one 20 min lunch.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Short breaks

I worked in Fayetteville's Plant.

The money and the benefits are great. This is the only plant job that pays you very well in this area. However, the management will lie on you and ruin you as a worker. This company will write you up to the point were you will evidentially end up fired. I liked the fact that you got three breaks a night, but I did not like being yelled at for the machine going down. The hardiest part of this job is operating a broken machine. Then you have to get numbers and you dont have equipment. The service trucks and machines need to be badly repaired. This is not a job for the long haul.

Pros

Great Benefits, school, and great money!

Cons

poor management, bad equipment and liars.

Good pay for the area

Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Goodyear, I felt good about working there and I really liked my particular job. I was looking long term until I had gotten hurt.

Employees don’t get treat fairly

Goodyear is very racist, they treat they employees differently. Like they treat the whites and the blacks differently in my opinion far as the Discipline.

Physical and steady work. Team building

You stay busy and engaged. Very physical work. It’s a team work environment. Production, quality and time sensitive. For the most part repetitive, so you know what you are doing on a daily basis.

They job was easy and great

Not happy the way I was done I would not send no one to work here I was a good worker never had a write up or nothing I work my hards it sad how this place do people the good ones at that

Hard Fast Factory Work

Hot Hard Fast Factory Work, Quality Metrics, Safety Metrics, High Production Rates, Great Pay and Excellent Benefits, Unionized Workforce, 12hr shifts

The work is hard but rewarding. I’m appreciative of all I learned while I was there. I gained a lot of skills, while sharpening others. Pay and benefits are good as well

Average

For the hours and the work done, you are paid fairly. Management is hit or miss. Associates that you work with are usually friendly and welcoming. Prepare to walk a lot.

Productive work environment

A place that has fostered my growth and allowed me to provide for myself and my family. Above avg. compensation w/ lost of opportunity for growth and development.

Excellent

Goodyear was a great place to earn a living. It can be a very positive working environment. Decisions made by management are not always well received by workers.

Pros

The workers

Cons

Hard work and management has no idea what they are doing

The company is not able to keep up with the demand due to the poor evaluation on the issues in the plant. Constantly harassing the department that gets their job done but ignores the department where the issue is. Lays off employees to save money but makes it hard to keep up demand.

Incredible place to work.

The management team always supported you and helped you to understand the best way to do the job. Good benefits and good life-work balance. I enjoyed working there.

A fairly slow paced work environment

Goodyear is a good place to work, with really good benefits. It is a fairly stress free environment with plenty of opportunities to excel. The work schedule is pretty good once you get used to it.

Productive and fast moving workplace

Great benefits, great pay, great environment. This is a place that you can work with a plan to retire down the line. Twelve hour shifts are a big adjustment for people that aren't use to working that much during a normal workday. But after a few weeks of it, your body will adjust to it pretty easily.

Loved it

They job was very fast pace, my management team along with co workers made sure i was correctly fulfilling my job duties and when needed helped me complete tasks, Goodyears benifits and work enviorment has been my favorite hands down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140