Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Gadsden, AL

Great work atmosphere. Team oriented environment with great work life balance. Plus had the opportunity to work overtime and get quarterly bonuses. Did not have the opportunity for advancement due to plant closure. Personally could not relocate with the company at this time.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Plant was in need of repairs
Pay and benefits were great because of the Union. Management was absolutely horrible. They sabotaged our plant by gutting quality and maintenance to make a long story short.
Pros
Pay and benefits only because of the Union
Cons
Poor, useless, no good, dirty, rotten, low down management from top to bottom
Goodyear is a good company to work for. If you don't mind getting a little dirty, it's a good living. The job truly changed my life. Had it not closed, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Strenuous, dirty
It paid very well and I really enjoyed working there. The problem is that they shut down the plant after 90 years of doing business in Gadsden Alabama.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Greedy Corporate Executives
The goodyear tire and rubber co. Is well rounded in the fact that they make and distribute their own tires, learning the tools to inspect a tire can range from just plain eyesight, if you see a bubble on the tire automatic scrap, cause it will result in a blowout
Pros
Big bonuses, Pay good
Cons
Extremely hot and short break times
The work was hard but it paid well. The worst part was horrible management and managers that were only out to get people fired. The days you worked were good because out of a two week period you only worked seven days.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security, the management is laughable. Those that actually do their job are expected to put up allofthe numbers while the ones that dont do anything are never bothered.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security
Terrible place to work management treats you horrible like you are not even a human being. No compassion all they care about is numbers. Only pros are pay and benefits
Enjoyed working for good year, good benefits and pay. Work wasn’t exceptionally difficult, however micromanaging and inept managers killed the moral of the tire room.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managers
I am thankful for my time at Goodyear with great pay and benefits.... many things could’ve been done differently between management and employees to keep that plant open .
Most beat down your subordinates culture I’ve ever experienced in over 30 years of management experience. Zero positive reinforcement from above and zero team building incentive to pass along you your team.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Outdated management philosophy
Goodyear shut our plant down because they built a new plant in Mexico They are all about numbers instead of safety and quality They have little to no concern for the employees
I worked with a very diverse group of people which I loved. I always learned something new whether it be mechanical or production. My managers were very helpful and respectful. I worked with a wonderful group of co-workers who were very helpful and respectful. The hardest part of the job was the extreme heat in the summer months. The most enjoyable part of my job was my wonderful co workers.
This place was terrible to work for because of how they treat you but the pay was so good people just dealt with it to the best of their abilities. Floor level managers get the worse treatment because you are getting it from the workers and the managers above
I have worked with 2 different Goodyear's in 20 years and have held several different jobs during those years. Recently got laid off and looking for job opportunities around paris,tn.
They don’t care about anyone who works for them. You are nothing more than a number only meant to be used to get more numbers. Management will throw you under the bus fast
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I've learned alot and met some wonderful people with the company. the pay was great it afforded my familiy a comfortable living. the work wasn't bad nor was the job stressful. could've had better management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
non knowledgeable management
The pay is good, but upper management is terrible. The benefits are not what other companies are offering. They tell you that you will get time and a half pay, but it is based off a $25.00/hr.rate.
I liked working there goodyear was a good plant to work at I hated that I had to leave but I did and looking For new opportunities I hope it works out for me I’m still looking for a good place to work atMaybe I will find it in the future I hope so
My location has seriously poor management. Poor decisions that have cost the company money and production. Most management is concerned about themselves and who ever is in their circle of friends. More like a social gathering than a place of business! I was a salaried associate and it made me sick at how we did business. No regard fir quality or safety unless they were caught.
the work/life balance was pretty bad, many were expected to be on call 24/7 even if there was someone else that knew the position and was supposed to be on call. Sick days were discouraged from being taken even if you were sick, and salary employees are not treated very well. Union plants have strange rules when it comes to being paid for overtime, and often if you were salary you were expected to be exempt from overtime. if issues cropped up it was expected to be all hands on deck, even if you had no way of assisting righting whatever was going wrong, and if you weren't chances are coworkers would blame you for the issue or delay in fixing it.
Cons
healthcare, overtime expected, management blame if something goes wrong