Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Gainesville, FL

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,478 reviews

Disconnection from manager support.

I was also in a situation where I was driving 2 and a half hours to work daily. My only negative is that my manager knew of this and I put in for a transition to a closer good year with talking to them prior, expecting him to understand since he knew of the distance I was traveling. He denied the transfer. For survival purposes of me and my vehicle I left the job.

Pros

Concrete, engaging.

Cons

Manger gave 1 day of training without mentoring. Employees helped more.

Gainesville FL, Nightmare, run!

Former service manager. No life allowed outside of Goodyear! 48-60hrs a week, little pay, GY offers commissions if unrealistic goals are met, fyi never made an extra dime, and I have always been a top performer. Dirty, loud annoying environment, constant power struggle w store manager who belittles entire staff. As store manager had my tech conduct second interviews and allowed tech to run dictate shop, which would was my job, I was cut out of the loop, not allowed to do my job. Constant Petty power struggle, I grew tired of having sales stolen by our own leader, what a joke, no control, no money, a absurd amount of micromanagement, including second guessing of sales recommendations in front of customers, pathetic! This store could not keep employees, constant turn over, don’t bother, you’re definitely better delivering pizza. I experienced reverse racism and sexism from a LBGT angry minority female. Favoritism, store manager hired GS at different pay level, creating resentment within staff, just one dollar difference causes anger, resentment and constant struggle within staff. RUN from this mismanaged Nightmare .

Pros

Micromanagement

Cons

Long hours, low pay, unhappy employees, frustration at every turn

Promised things that were never given

Management team stirred drama almost every day. Some of us began questioning the validity of our turned hours. Never promoted in 7 months though promised in a few weeks at the interview. High turnover rate with very low shop productivity. Manager degrades certain employees only causing frustration and further lack of productivity.

fast pase

Vehicles move quickly in and out of this shop. Be prepared to work longer than your shift. You must be able to lift heavy tires and have high endurance.

Pros

1hour lunch breaks

Cons

tickets wrote in close proximity with each other

Poor Management

Schedules additional work at closing time. Not flexible. Managers call you in on your day off. No room for advancement. Does not care about job work life balance

Pros

Good starting wage

Cons

Hostile work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140