Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Started working right after college. A good place to learn industry lab skills. Had a good support team. Would have stayed longer if I didn't relocate.
Benefits
I got very little mechanic work they only wanted me to do oil changes and inspections barely got to do anything else work environment became hostile.
Pros
N/a
its amazing the things you can learn here and how you can use those things for outside of work purposes. I definitely enjoy learning new things as well as being able to be rely on.
i worked here for 2 months and didnt like the job because they were short of work and always ask us for vto. we couldnt get our hours and the location was on the other side of town.
This place is fast paced and a lot of paperwork. Everything needs to be in order and the details needed to be handled correctly and in compliance with company charters well as state regulations.
Pros
room to advance
Cons
I enjoyed it
Overall great company to work for. Training is provided once hired and work life balance is available. There is opportunity for growth in other departments as well.
Goodyear is a place where they treat you like family they understand that you see your coworkers more than your family, management understood your life
Pros
travel around texas areas
Cons
lunbreaks wasnt long enough
Company needs better leadership and a proper training program.Communication is lacking very much and no one takes accountability for the obvious problems .
Amazing place to work, particularly for an entry level operator.. The training, opportunity for advancement, and stability makes it one of the better plants to work on the Houston ship channel.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Waiting three years for top compensation
Set up to fail. My District Manager even confirmed that. Not a good experience that I care to elaborate on further. My background was in tires and I received no training in parts and service when hired.
Pros
Cons
The entire experience
It is a good place to work at and depending on location and team members, it can be much better and it is fast paced and lots of hard work in the outdoors.
very unprofessional management and unsupportive; not the same as when first started; used to be a family company but now is every man for himself and too much finger pointing
Work schedule is hard to stick with if you have a family. you will be overworked without compensation if you tend to be a golden goose. career progression is slow and not as rewarding aas the blood and sweat you put into it.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Management, carrer advancement
I can get along with pretty much anyone and this company just wasn't the job I wanted but still a god experience I learned a lot.
Goodyear has changed a lot in the last few years and the change is visible in culture and leadership. The business results and stock prices over the last 3 years are a testament to a good strategy and its execution by some of the most competent people in the industry. Proud to have been part of the change and turnaround story.
I would load and unload tires. I would build tires clean the warehouse. I would bag then and put in the oven and make sure they are cooking right.. its a labor job and its very hot in the warehouse.. it has good people working there.
A typical day at Goodyear tire and rubber as a Store manager is high pace. I have to manage both employees of the shop and customers, to provide the perfect atmosphere. I also have to maintain and keep track of inventory and parts and meet sales goals on a daily basis. I have learned at my time at Goodyear how to manage in the greatest pressure situations, to problem solve and market and grow a business. When I took over as store manager the store was a $50,000 dollar a month store, now it's an $80,000 a month store. The hardest part of the job especially over the past two years has been keeping a service manager to work under me. I trained my last great service manager and he got promoted to his own store and after that I have worked several months in a row fro 7am to 7pm six days a week. It has taken it's toll on me. What I enjoy the most are the customers I am a people person so I love my customers and my employees.
This is a family owned business and they show with loyalty and love to customers and one another. I love the honesty in work and ethics that the employer have and I couldn't imagine working in a better place in the automotive field.
Pros
Free lunches on sat, understanding employers, and great work hours.
Cons
Was not a great place to work because of management and lack of ownership for the business
Definitely a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Must be able to provide top notch customer service and maintain optimal sales growth. Management can be demanding once you start answering to upper levels but in store management is laid back and friendly as long as you are doing well at your job. Schedules can be very hectic and balancing outside life with a position of higher responsibility with this company can be difficult as scheduling can be very demanding. Overall great company to work for with plenty of opportunity to grow within company.
Pros
Benefits, employee discounts, pay, positive environment
Cons
high sales expectations, some understaffing, scheduling long hours
People were always cranky an unpleasant to work with. long hours and hard labor. easy to learn any department.